• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How long do you take in the shower?

How long do you shower for, on average?

• 1 to 5 minutes

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 5 to 10 minutes

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • 10 to 20 minutes

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 20 to 30 minutes

• 30 to 45 minutes

• 45+ minutes (You horrible, water wasting monster! >:O)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to 5 minutes

• 5 to 10 minutes

• 10 to 20 minutes

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 20 to 30 minutes

• 30 to 45 minutes

• 45+ minutes (You horrible, water wasting monster! >:O)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Inspired by a gender stereotypical conversation between myself and Yoshimitsu. :D

The topic says all.

(I typically take between 5 to 10 minutes, usually closer to the 5 minute mark. Depends how awake I am when getting into the shower or if I'm thinking about something)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Only 5-10 minutes? XD

Normally it's between 20-30 for me, but that's only through going in the shower every other day and not everyday. If it was everyday I probably would knock it down to 10-20.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Typically 5-10 minutes, unless I've been playing in mud or something (I never play in mud). I shower every day, though, so that sort of makes up for the minimal time I take in the shower.

I dunno, I just like having more time in my day, so I tend to keep my shower duration to actually just cleaning myself then move on with life. It's my after-shower stuff (moisturizing, exfoliating, etc) that tends to take longer.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yoshimitsu said:
I dunno, I just like having more time in my day, so I tend to keep my shower duration to actually just cleaning myself then move on with life.

^ This!

1-5 minutes for me and it get one every other day :p It takes me about a minute to get used to the water temperature and then its just a case of quickly scrubbing everywhere and then it takes literally 30 seconds to wash my hair :) Then I do the exfoliating stuff like once a month because I can't be bothered to do it most of the time or when I can be bothered I'm usually rushing to go out somewhere

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

*Eyes El and Riley*

I don't moisturize or exfoliate. I just make sure I'm clean. D:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The only reason why it takes me around 10-20 minutes and not shorter is because of my ridiculously long hair, which takes forever to make sure it's clean. Plus, I don't like feeling grimy and sweaty, so a little longer is better for my sanity.

Also, moisturize and exfoliate? Wha? I just get into a bathrobe and comb my hair and blow dry it afterwards. o-o

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I have a bad habit of taking forever in the shower, countered by the fact that I wash, shall we say, less often than I should. 20-30 minutes is probably on the conservative side too, but I guess the rest is taken up by whatever I happen to do in the bathroom after the shower (or at least that's what I tell myself >>")

Another thing I've wondered that's kind of relevant: do more people have their showers in the morning, or the evening? I'm guessing most people do it in the morning, but I end up not having time, so i'm an evening person.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I've always taken long showers, usually 20-30 minutes. Usually more than once a day too. Like Shiny said, it's for my sanity. Of course, lots of my exfoliation and stuff happens in the shower as well, and I also shave when I'm in there, so I suppose if I didn't do any of those things and just focused on washing I would only take 5-10 minutes.

If I've already taken a shower then another shower won't typically last more than five minutes, unless it's after I get home from work, in which case it will end up being 20-30.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Prof. Cinders said:
Another thing I've wondered that's kind of relevant: do more people have their showers in the morning, or the evening? I'm guessing most people do it in the morning, but I end up not having time, so i'm an evening person.

Evening for me, almost every day with very few exceptions. I tend to wake up around 8 in the morning, and my bus for school arrives at 8:25 ish, so I really don't have enough time for even a five minute shower. It's a good thing I eat quickly, though. XD

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My showers are in the evening every other night to save water. I have no idea how long they are because I don't time them. I have no clue what the hell moisturizing and exfoliation even means but I don't do it. I just shower, brush my teeth, and go to bed.

In the morning, I take short showers - 10 to 15 minutes average. (It usually only takes me a couple of minutes to get clean and all, but I also brush my teeth in the shower in the morning :x)

However, I usually take 30 minute showers in the afternoon/evening when washing my hair and all that.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Prof. Cinders said:
Another thing I've wondered that's kind of relevant: do more people have their showers in the morning, or the evening? .

Morning mostly for me. I hate sleeping on wet hair, and I'm typically too lazy to dry it if it's late night. ;p

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Prof. Cinders said:

Evening. Mornings I can't talk myself into having a shower, so I'll normally have one after getting home from collage and it's a decent trick to get me sleepy for bed when I'm stressed abut stuff. I just make sure I have it early enough so my hair isn't wet for when I wanna go to bed.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Mornings, usually right after doing some exercise. Then my routine is brush my teeth, shower, dry off, dry hair, moisturize, slap on cosmetics, get dressed. All in all, takes anywhere between half an hour and an hour. My actual time in the shower, though, very rarely goes beyond seven to eight minutes or so.

It depends. I don't have the time to shower in the morning, nor would I have the energy to, honestly, so I usually shower in the evening before I go to bed.

On the weekends and holidays, though, I might do it in the morning after a long sleepout to wake me up properly.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Morning, Afternoon, Evening, two o' clock in the morning. I shower any time~

Status
Not open for further replies.