1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How early can you connect to the WFC in Black/White?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trades and Battles' started by Linkachu, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Friend Code:
    4167-4498-1464
    I'm wondering how early players are able to connect to the WiFi Connection in Black & White. Do you need a certain amount of badges first, or can connect as soon as you obtain your PokeDex/reach the first Pokemon Center? I've played Black myself but I honestly can't remember. Hopefully somebody else does.

So, yeah. A quick answer is appreciated. :)

2. Shocari

Friend Code:
    3840-6487-5515
    Re: How early can you connect to the WFC in Black/White?

I want to say first badge, as that's when you get the C-Gear and all of its adorable features, including its wifi capabilities. That said, I'm not too certain on using the GTS, but you also get the Pal Pad immediately following the C-Gear, so that makes the Wifi Room usable. I'm going to test the GTS right now, but I'm pretty sure you just need one badge.

3. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Friend Code:
    4167-4498-1464
    Re: How early can you connect to the WFC in Black/White?

The GTS doesn't concern me too much at the moment. I'm mostly interested in how early people can battle over the WFC.

First badge, eh? That's not bad at all. Thanks, Sho. ^^

4. Alundra-1998

Alundra-1998 Guest

How early are you able to transfer the Crown Beasts and Celebi Event Pokémon?

5. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

When you get to Castelia City.

6. SJ

SJ

Really? I thought you would need access to the Poké Shifter, after finishing the main story...

7. It doesn't work for event Pokemon. If you transfer them through Poké Shifter, they won't activate the events.

8. Here is how you unlock the Relocator for the event pokemon and item (Lock Capsule which has yet to be distributed). In Castelia City at one of the buildings there is a scientist that will ask you to input a phrase or whatever to unlock it. It goes like this-

Everyone Happy​

Simple Connection​

After you do this successfully you will unlock the Relocator in the main menu of the game.

#8 Sparky Kitsune, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013