• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS How does my team look so far? Looking for suggestions.

I was just looking for suggestions, and opinions, and such on how my team is so far. Still wondering for Ambipom ( My favorite, hands down! :3 ) 's last move. I know that Fake Out would be ideal, but I don't really want to start breeding yet. Anyways, on to the team!

Ambipom; Technician
[ Silk Scarf ]
Double Hit
U-Turn
Tickle ( What I'm looking to replace )
Shadow Claw

Infernape;
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Earthquake

Staraptor;
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Double Team
Roost

I shall reccomend to use the following movesets for Infernape and Starapator.

Infernape
Item: Shell Bell (To heal half of the recoil damage you take from Flare Blitz)
Flare Blitz
Close Combat/Brick Break (Close Combat for power, or Brick Break for non-stat reducing?)
Rock Slide (Takes care of Flying types)
Punishment (Takes care of Psychic types, plus added damage for power ups)

Starapator
Aerial Ace (ALWAYS HITS. It's been my saving grace in PBR.)
Close Combat (Takes care of those rock types)
Double Team
Steel Wing/Roost

As for Ambipom...
I would reccomend using a move to take care of Fighting types like Aerial Ace or a psychic move. Other than that, that's all I can suggest.

Actually, Infernape's and Staraptor's Def. and Sp. Def. isn't the best, so Close Combat's gotta go. Here's what I think:

Infernape
Blaze
[Power Herb/Shell Bell]
1. Flare Blitz
2. Calm Mind
3. Solarbeam/Grass Knot
4. Brick Break/Focus Blast

Ambipom
Technician
[Muscle Band]
1. Shadow Claw
2. Aerial Ace
3. Agility
4. Iron Tail/Fury Swipes?
(Don't worry, I'm having trouble with a possible Ambipom Moveset too)

Staraptor
Intimidate
[item]
1. Aerial Ace
2. Steel Wing
3. Roost
4. Captivate (because Staraptor usually have low Sp. Def.)

Good Luck!

You do know that with Technician and the Silk Scarf AND the type-power-up that Ambipom's Double Hit attack is pretty much a hyper beam with no charging turn? It's very helpful in sticky situations. Although, I believe that I am going to go for Aerial Ace. I don't use Staraptor too much, except to fly around. ~:p

Also, about Ambipom and Fury Swipes. If you really think about it, with Technician, the type match-up, and the Silk Scarf, it's almost TRIPLE a Hyper Beam. Although, it's more of a Gamble.

Thank you for your help, though!

You do know that with Technician and the Silk Scarf AND the type-power-up that Ambipom's Double Hit attack is pretty much a hyper beam with no charging turn?

Oh... My Ambipom knows Double Hit also, and it is awesome with Screech, so maybe:

Ambipom
Technician
[Silk Scarf]
1. Shadow Claw
2. Aerial Ace
3. Screech
4. Double Hit

That's my Ambipom's Moveset. I really recommend Focus Blast for Infernape because when my Lv36 Infernape went against Byron and his Lv38 Bastiodon, one Focus Blast nailed.

AL

Ambipom; Technician
[ Silk Scarf ]
Double Hit/fake out
U-Turn/return
last resort
Shadow Claw

I've seen someone use a fake out/last resort combo, with nothing more than those moves..Im not to sure if there are rules for the amount of moves you have, but I wouldent suggest that either, as a ghost type would pwn it.

Infernape;
Firepunch
Close Combat
Thunderpunch
Earthquake

Flareblitz, im not a fan of, and Infernape doesnt have the defences to deal with the damage it will be dealing.. thunder punch is there to kill water and flying, its two weaknesses

Staraptor;
Brave Bird
Close Combat
U-turn
Steel wing

Staraptor doesnt have the defences for roost and double team, especially with arial ace and other never miss attacks being so common now