• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How did you discover Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Where did you start.

I remember starting off playing Pokemon Crater I think, hahaha! Me and my mate used to be obsessed with it. Then I think I got onto the Mystery Dungeon games, and got Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (Still love this shit!) Then after I clocked that a couple o' times, I got Pokemon Pearl, which was my first proper Pokemon Game, played that heaps, still play it a bit. And that's pretty much where I got straight into pokemon! ;)

Yeah i was about 7 when my dad(?) bought me Pokemon Emerald and since then i have actually bought all the games they released since then and my 2nd was FireRed which is earlier in the series but, Anyway i can't wait for the next Pokemon to come out. Apparently its White/Black 2???

When I was younger I always copied what my older brother did and what he liked. It was because of him that I started to like Pokemon. I was probably around 5 at the time. We went to some auction and they had 2 copies of Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Yellow guide book thingy, 1 gameboy colour and 2 gameboy pockets. My brother got the Game boy colour and I had a green game boy pocket. I wasnt that good and never actually beat the game until I got Crystal. My dad even played Pokemon xD. I always loooved Pokemon but it wasnt until last year I became "hardcore'. I started reading the mangas and rewatched the seasons. I never really got into playing with the cards I only collect them.

How'd You Discover Pokemon?

For this, give the who, what, where, why, when, and how of the time when you discovered Pokemon. Also, tell us about the Pokemon games you got up until now, if you want.

For me, I went to my uncle's house(he was 8 or 9 then) and I was 5 years old. He was playing his Nintendo 64. So, he showed me this game he played a lot, called Pokemon Stadium. I got hooked, and next thing I knew, I was a Pokemon fan. We started off by just playing that, as well as Pokemon Stadium 2 when he bought it, and watching the series on TV. Then he got Pokemon Ruby. I was curious, but I still liked Pokemon Stadium more, and he never let me watch. Later on, I went to ToysRUs with my dad, and decided to get Pokemon Emerald, just for the heck of it. It ruled my life for the next year. Both me and my uncle then got Pokemon Sapphire, just to see what they were like. It progressed to me getting Pokemon XD for Gamecube. I was so amazed when I got Pokemon Diamond. It was COMPLETELY different, with new Pokemon and everything. I became obsessed with it. I got Pearl version, but never played it much. I also got Platinum, and played that a lot. Things died down after getting Battle Revolution, so I was eager when HG/SS came out, because I had never known what G/S/C was like. That thrill didn't last very long, so when Pokemon Black and White came out, I got both, and beat them. Now, I'm eagerly awaiting Black and White 2.

Re: How'd You Discover Pokemon?

Actually, I used to watch the anime for about four months before I bought my first pokemon video game...I was hooked on pokemon and I didn't lose any single episode when a few months later I got Pokemon Leaf Green for the GBA from my aunt as a christmas present...It was so awesome! And yes...today after 12 years I still play pokemon with Pokemon Leaf Green being my favourite game... =')

Re: How'd You Discover Pokemon?

Isn't this essentially the same as: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1831

Like I said in that board I started with lollipops which came with a sticker, thought the Caterpie on the sticker was cute, ended up with the first Pokemon annual and then eventually got Red version :)

My brother would always be playing Pokemon Blue when I was about five years old. He'd always let me watch him play & when he eventually outgrew it, he gave me his Gameboy Color and his game.

He also gave me his cards. He had the Trading Card book & had collected most of the Japanese cards in the original 151. I still have the book today. c:

I discovered pokemon after watching the US commercial for Pokemon Yellow, and I thought Pikachu was cute and wanted to play. lol

Jenova said:
I even had a lvl 70 Rayquaza once, and absolutely treasured it. :p
I had one too! It was a foil lvl. 70 and I kept it in plastic always no matter what. Then I got older and I sold it on Ebay for about $20-$25. But oh well. ~:)~

I first discovered pokemon on my school bus. I was in elementary school and this kid that I sat with had a GameBoy with Pokemon Red. I already had a GameBoy, so I begged my parents to get me Pokemon Blue. Then every day I put my big grey brick of a GameBoy in my bookbag and play it on the bus later after school was over. Those were the good days.

I was maybe six or seven and stumbled across an episode of Pokémon on television, so I started watching it. The next thing I knew, I was checking out the official Pokémon website and then begging my dad for Leaf Green. That's my story.

How have I not responded to this?

I first discovered Pokemon in the second grade (ircc) after overhearing some boys talking about it. Afterward we had a book fair at our school and I bought this Pokemon Guide Book which had some pretty hilarious errors and referred to Pokemon types as elements (it took me years to stop doing that), but I was hooked and quickly memorized all 151 Pokemon.

However it took me a few years to get my hands on my first Pokemon game--Yellow even though it was well into Gen II. This was also around the time that I really got into the anime. I never finished Yellow and picked up Silver instead and the rest is largely history ^^

Here's how I discovered it.
4 years ago, my birthday was a real drag, because our car was broken at the time. I didn't get any presents, so I was pretty dissapointed. But a few weeks later, it payed off dearly. My parents went to Wal-Mart for the first time after we got a car, and realised I got no presents, so they decided, "Hey, doesn't Matthew like cards? Lets get him those!" ((I LOVE trading card collections!!)) I was in the middle of collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and my parents cant tell the difference between cards, so they picked up 2 metal boxes of pokemon cards by accident! They were hexagon shaped, and they had a legendary on the cover on the silver box.
1 was a picture of LUGIA, the other was KYOGRE.
((Lugia turned out to be the first pokemon I've ever seen, looking back at it now...))
So I was pretty sad they werent Yu-Gi-Oh at the time, because I absolutely burst when I quit in the middle of a collection of cards. BUT, since it was my birthday present, I decided to give it a try. Here I am Now!

My sisters and I watched the anime series in the morning before we went to school (as well as Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon! xD ), and when I was 6 our mum bought us gameboys. I got Pokémon Red, my big sister got Blue and my little sister got Yellow. :D

TheSurrenderable said:
I went to Target and I saw a Pikachu plush. I had like, twenty dollars on me, and bought it. Then I clipped it onto my bookbag and some guy told me that it was a game, and an anime. So I would watch the anime every Saturday morning. :blush:

That just might be the most adorable way someone has every discovered Pokemon~

And on a random note, I found a picture of the guidebook that first introduced me to Pokemon.

Official_handbook_deluxe.jpg

I read it so much it fell apart.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Ah, good ol' days~

I first discovered Pokemon when I was about 4, in Pre-K. One of my friends brought a video tape of one of the Pokemon episodes... I think it was one with the Exeggcute and Exeggutor running loose with a magician. Anyways, I kept saying, "What kind of a name is Eggs are cute?" because I didn't hear them correctly. Fun times. XD

And then I realized my best friend (at the time) had a crush on Ash Ketchum even though he was technically 6 years older than us at the time. Yepppp... little girls are strange.

I ended up losing interest by the time I was in 1st grade, but I rediscovered the franchise when I was at Walmart one day with my parents, and I was walking around the section for boys' toys when I came across the CUTEST POKEMON PLUSHIES EVER. OF PLUSLE AND MINUN. They're still my two most favorite Pokemon, and are basically what brought me back to playing the games and everything. ^^

And I still have the plushies. <3333333

Status
Not open for further replies.