• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hopes for E3 2011?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
[me=Linkachu]is totally just posting this as an excuse to post something. :X[/me]

So... E3 2011 is a month and a day away now, and I'm sure some of you are already anticipating certain reveals or announcements. Anything in particular you guys are hoping to see more of or hoping to hear about for the first time?

Personally, it's all about Wii's successor for me and the 3DS line-up for this year. I want to hear that some of these big-name Nintendo games on 3DS aren't all going to be Fall/Christmas releases (because it desperately needs some of them now), and obviously I'm itching to hear anything more on Nintendo's next console. I haven't been following gaming news lately, so if anything else interesting has leaked out from Sony/Microsoft I haven't heard about it.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There's been plenty leaked from Sony, it just has bugger all to do with E3. :x

When it comes to non-Nintendo stuff, I'm expecting Microsoft to put more focus on Kinect software this year. Ideally the kind that can attract the 'core' audience now they've secured the Wii Fit lot. Sony will probably spend most of their conference either apologising or arrogantly spinning the entire thing as something positive. I'd hope for the former, but expect the latter.

Sony will be presenting the NGP, though. Hopefully with a real name this time. It'll be interesting to see it competing against Nintendo's hardware announcement - but since they're in two different markets, it probably wont be that comparable. Good news for Sony, I guess - since project Café is far more likely to secure the mainstream news coverage.

Nintendo are going to have a pretty heavy hardware year this E3, but I hope that they'll also put a lot of focus on software, too. The 3DS needs to have some weight given to its library. Currently we know that there will be a lot of support - but we don't really know anything more about it. Some confirmation on that front would be nice.

I also anticipate that Skyward Sword is going to skip the Wii/have a dual-release ala Twilight Princess. I'd find it hard to believe that they'd throw the game out to the public just as their new console was coming along to make it redundant. They did that with Majora's Mask and got stuck with a hugely under-appreciated game as a result.

Only Asuras Wrath.

Maybe some more stuff from Capcom.

Also, I got high expectations from Konami this year. Dont expect any interesting games, but a great show like last year.
WAN MIRRION TROOOPS WOOOOOOOOW

I've heard rumors of Squeenix giving an announcement of a possible TWEWY 2- I'd really love to see that. We've been fooled before, though, so I can't say my hopes are all too high.

I'm also rather excited to see the new Nintendo console :>

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3D). That is all.

Ok, I lie. Some new info on WiiII will be fun too. I'm hoping it has PS3/360 level graphics and DVD capabilities.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Psycho Monkey said:
Ok, I lie. Some new info on WiiII will be fun too. I'm hoping it has PS3/360 level graphics and DVD capabilities.

If they were going that far, I'd prefer a blu-ray player personally. DVDs are getting outdated fast, so it just doesn't seem worth putting DVD playability in unless it's a secondary function. :x

1. Release date for Kid Icarus Uprising
2. More information on the Wii2
3. Solutions on how to stop the 3DS making people sick, cause loads of people get headaches playing it.

That is all.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Quinn Onyx said:
3. Solutions on how to stop the 3DS making people sick, cause loads of people get headaches playing it.

Can't see this being included because it has already been addressed. Players who get headaches while playing should keep the 3D turned down, if not completely off, and take breaks while playing with the 3D on. Since the 3D isn't required for any games yet, it's your own choice whether to use it or not.

That said... Unless you can pull up facts to prove otherwise, I don't believe the headache issue is that wide spread. I've yet to read any major reports claiming such, and everyone I know who's played a 3DS at half 3D power has had no side effects. I'm personally prone to headaches while gaming but have not yet experienced headaches while using the 3D either. Just don't turned it up full blast.

Linkachu said:
Sir Quinn Onyx said:

Can't see this being included because it has already been addressed. Players who get headaches while playing should keep the 3D turned down, if not completely off, and take breaks while playing with the 3D on. Since the 3D isn't required for any games yet, it's your own choice whether to use it or not.

That said... Unless you can pull up facts to prove otherwise, I don't believe the headache issue is that wide spread. I've yet to read any major reports claiming such, and everyone I know who's played a 3DS at half 3D power has had no side effects. I'm personally prone to headaches while gaming but have not yet experienced headaches while using the 3D either. Just don't turned it up full blast.
Agreed, I've only had mild headaches with the system so far. Only turning the slider just under half way presents enough 3D for me.

I hope to get a PS3 for christmas so I hope for something new for PS3, though I doubt it with Sony's presentation of the NGP. Also more stuff on 3DS.

As others have said, I hope they will show a good fall line up this year. I'm also wanting to hear more about the Stream (Project Cafe, WiiII, wahtever you wanna call it), and see if it will actually be more expensive to replace the controller than the console XD but in all seriousness it does intrigue me, and hopefully we can get a good insight on just what all it can do.

Also, the NGP kinda sounds cool, but I know that the lack of being able to play UMD's will turn a lot of people off. Still, I am curious to see if there's an improvement between the NGP and the PSP.

Plus, I really want to hear more about some new games that will be coming out this fall or so that doesn't involve a shot gun/zombies. Sure, I'm also excited for Sonic Generations, but I'm also curious about what new games might grab my attention. Hopefully they'll introduce a new RPG style of game (Not like Pokemon, but like the kind that KH is. I'm not sure what it's called though...).

And undoubtedly, they will say something about upcoming games like Sonic Generations, Kid Icarus, KH3D, Infamous 2, and other things. I especially want to hear more about Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Type-0. Something also tells me they might introduce a new Mario game, and possibly a new Sonic game to appear after Generations.

That's really all I can think of, besides wanting to see new trailers anyway.

The only thing I care about for this year's E3 is the new 3DS Pokemon game. It would be so amazing to see it be hinted at this year.

I want to see info on the Wii2, since it is rumored Rockstar is helping Nintendo on it in some way (Grand Theft Auto on Nintendo consoles?).

With Sony, I'm interested in hearing about the NGP, but one thing has been bugging me...You know at some point they are going to mention the PSN fiasco, and how has it been hurting the company. What can they possibly say to make up for 2 PSN attacks AND credit card information stolen?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
BeginwiththeEnd said:
(Grand Theft Auto on Nintendo consoles?).

A_(boxart).jpg
gta_ds.jpg

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Definitely looking forward to the news on the Nintendo console as many people are. What I'm really wondering at the moment is just what they're actually going to call the system. I have a feeling most of us didn't see the codenamed "Revolution" change into the Wii at first, and it's possible they may pull off the same stunt again. Or they may just call it the Wii 2... either way, I'm hoping it's going to be worth the hype, seeing as I can really only afford one console per generation, and I've stuck with Nintendo since I first played the SNES, and I'm not really willing to give up on them any time soon.

Sir Quinn Onyx said:
I kind of want new Pikmin info. I mean, I want Pikmin 3, with Louie. A new Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy game would be epic too.
If Pikmin 3 isn't shown at E3, I'll eat my hat. I'm not quite sure which console it will be on - you'd expect 3DS, but its been in development for so long now that maybe its on Wii (or both, or maybe shifted up to Project Cafe?)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
DO WANT:

- A new Metroid game that isn't utter garbage (like Other M)
- More info on Skyward Sword perhaps?
- Anything for 360 that ISN'T a copypaste of the same old mediocre shit that makes up 95% of its mainstream library.
- More 3DS stuff.

What I will likely get:

- Not a single mention of Metroid at all.
- More info on Skyward Sword.
- At least three cookie-cutter FPSs/whatever Gears of War is, coloured the same shade of shit brown as Modern Warfare and friends, just to make sure this gaming generation doesn't get any better than mediocre overall.
- More 3DS stuff, most of which I won't care about.

So, yeah, I've got really high hopes this year. They've surprised me before at E3 though, can but hope.

Sony will release information about the NGP and talk about the HD remastered PSP titles.
Nintendo will offer Project Cafe information and 3ds games.
Microsoft will talk about (?)

I really dont see what MS wants to do with its console right now. Last e3 was about "KINECT IS THE NEW XBOX!" but that was just a joke I guess.

Not sure how they want to deliver anything new or special. Looks like their focus is completely set on the Halo/Call of Duty crowd, with kinect for Oprah fans as a dessert.

It's REALLY unlikely, but I really want a mother 4/ earthbound release. I mean, excellant music, and one of the most popular rpgs of all time. Yeah, hoping for Kirby, Pikmin, Kingdom Hearts, Mother, Banjo-Kazooie, DK and Luigi's mansion 2.