• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Honedge Evolution Revealed!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
On Monday afternoon the official Pokémon Facebook page promised to reveal a brand new Pokémon to us today. Well, the Pokémon has now been revealed to be the evolved form of Honedge known as, Doublade.
Doublade.png
Doublade keeps the Ghost and Steel typing of Honedge and keeps Honedge's ability as well. It's best known for being able to attack with its two blades by telepathically coordinating them.

Not a big fan of the name (which doesn't exactly roll of the tongue), or the fact that Game Freak decided to go down the 'more of the same' route. Admittedly, Doublade is probably based on decoratively hanging two swords on a wall, but I'd like to have seen something a bit more creative.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I quite like the idea of the two blades telepathically coordinating their attacks. The design is lazier than it could've been but it's not bad either. I'd happily train one of these. :)

On Monday afternoon the official Pokémon Facebook page promised to reveal a brand new Pokémon to us today. Well, the Pokémon has now been revealed to be the evolved form of Honedge known as, Doublade.
Doublade keeps the Ghost and Steel typing of Honedge and keeps Honedge's ability as well. It's best known for being able to attack with its two blades by telepathically coordinating them.
Mabye when this evolves it will have three swords and purple hands!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Admittedly when I first saw the thing I wasn't best pleased, it looked like a really lazy design and not something I'd wanted Honedge to evolve into (where's my ghostly knight of doom? :(), but looking at it more closely a lot of small details have changed from the original, which kinda saves the design for me.

I guess this also means Honedge will be more useable and I can't say I'm disappointed with that fact. I've been fond of the idea of the thing since I first saw it, so I'll happily welcome one to the team. ^^