1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honedge Evolution Revealed!

1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

On Monday afternoon the official Pokémon Facebook page promised to reveal a brand new Pokémon to us today. Well, the Pokémon has now been revealed to be the evolved form of Honedge known as, Doublade.
    Doublade.png
    Doublade keeps the Ghost and Steel typing of Honedge and keeps Honedge's ability as well. It's best known for being able to attack with its two blades by telepathically coordinating them.

Comments

Discussion in 'Pokécharms News' started by Demelza, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Toastie
      Toastie
      Not a big fan of the name (which doesn't exactly roll of the tongue), or the fact that Game Freak decided to go down the 'more of the same' route. Admittedly, Doublade is probably based on decoratively hanging two swords on a wall, but I'd like to have seen something a bit more creative.
    2. Shiny Lyni
      Shiny Lyni
      I think I'm the only person here who really likes the design, even if it is just another one of those Dugtrio/Magneton things.
      MandyLandy62 and Shocari like this.
    3. Linkachu
      Linkachu
      I quite like the idea of the two blades telepathically coordinating their attacks. The design is lazier than it could've been but it's not bad either. I'd happily train one of these. :)
      Shocari likes this.
    4. Coreysawrus
      Coreysawrus
      This irks me more than Honedge not because it is 2 Honedges but because it's missing the wall plaque
    5. Hydreigon225
      Hydreigon225
      Gotta say, i'm really loving it! :)
    6. PreuBen
      PreuBen
      For some reason, when I saw this I thought, "Hmmmmm... it's pink. I know! I'll call it Johnny!" I really come up with some messed up names for Pokémon.
      The_Steel_Type_of_Guy likes this.
    7. ShinyZekrom009
      ShinyZekrom009
      I'm honestly surprised that this even got an evolution, but I actually like the design somewhat(although it could've been better, in my opinion).
    8. Andrew Steel Master
      Andrew Steel Master
      Mabye when this evolves it will have three swords and purple hands!
    9. Demelza
      Demelza
      Admittedly when I first saw the thing I wasn't best pleased, it looked like a really lazy design and not something I'd wanted Honedge to evolve into (where's my ghostly knight of doom? :(), but looking at it more closely a lot of small details have changed from the original, which kinda saves the design for me.

I guess this also means Honedge will be more useable and I can't say I'm disappointed with that fact. I've been fond of the idea of the thing since I first saw it, so I'll happily welcome one to the team. ^^
    10. Purpura
      Purpura
      i'm happy to use this