• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Hogwart the new era (rp)

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alec reverted back to normal and said "are yes, I was heading to see him myself, some talk about using my Aninagi abilities more usefully, I could show you the way to his office" he examined the student, she was American, strange he thought only British wizards and witches came to Hogwarts. He started to head towards Professor Potter's office, "you coming".

Tucking her hair behind her ear nervously, she nodded and walked after him. She wasnt dressed in her robes yet and wondered if the headmaster would be angry at her for it... she wasnt even sure where her robes were exactly (except that they were with her stuff in her dorm). As she followed the boy, she realized they hadnt even given out names. Is that not a thing they do here as a greeting? She wondered naively, so she began,
“Umm... I’m Austen. It’s very nice to meet you.” She offered a smile even though he had his back turned to her.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alec turned his head and said "Hello Austen, my name is Alexander, or Alec for short, I am in my fourth year here and I am an Animagus, also I am yet to make any friends as I tend to annoy people." He continued to walk the professor was likely to lecture him on his miss-use of his abilities, but hey as long as the professor was helpful then it didn't matter.

(Is it ok to control Potter or what's going on with that)

Austen’s head swam with all of the information. He was a fourth year? He must know a lot, she mused. She had to make sure to keep him around in case of assistance. And making a new friend was something to look forward to as well! It seemed he needed one almost as much as she. Austen gave a small laugh.
“Ill be your friend! You see, it works out because i’m new and you said you dont really have any... Also, for the record, you dont annoy me.” She said the last part matter of factly. People at her old schools always told her she was a very layed back person when it came to getting angry. She couldnt really remember the last time she had ever gotten annoyed with someone, so she was postive it wouldnt happen with Alec.

(Sorry i was hesitant to post because i wasnt sure if someone was gonna clarify the headmaster thing. I dont care if you control him but im not sure what others are doing)

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alec laughly lightly, "yeah, friends it is", he stopped walking as they reach the hidden stairwell to the headmasters office. He spoke the password and beckoning Austen to follow him walked up the staircase. He reached the top knocked on the door and said "Professor Potter, you asked to see me", from inside came a response "yes Mr Cooper, come in and you as well Miss Rivera." Alec entered, Professor Potter turned to him, "the ministry has requested that you have a..uh..guardian of sorts", Alec was confused "a guardian?", "yes, Alexander a guardian. They have said that it cannot be your sister as it has to be someone not related to you by blood, your sister was a stand in. Your guardian can be anyone, I will teach them the spells needed to either stop you turning into an animal or stop you turning back human, like I did for your sister, your will have to train to use magic with your guardian, but I will arrange that". Alec was surprised he had not expected this, he stood there speechless. Potter turned to Austen, "and you are looking for your things, well they are actually here with me, have you been sorted?"

Austen followed silently behind Alec, her attention turning towards her surroundings. This place was amazing! The lights from the lanterns hung on the walls made shadows dance on the floors and over the two wizards. It was quite comforting. As they came up to a huge bird statue, Alec muttered some unintelligible words, and the statue began to open into a staircase. Austen stared in awe. She wondered how anyone got around this place without trouble. They ascended the stairs and came to a door. Come in, and you as well miss Revera. Austen was startled that he knew she had come, but she supposed it made sense, what with this place being filled with magic. They entered a lavish looking...office? If thats even what you would call the headmasters room... She shivered as she gazed at the older headmaster. His slim face was framed almost comically with large, round black glasses. She adjusted her own self conciously. He had sparkling green eyes similar to hers and Alec’s. His hair was black, but noticeably turning grey with age. She noticed a faint scar on his forehead in the shape of a lightning bolt. She wondered what had happened... as the headmaster and Alec talked, she gazed in wonder around the room until the older wizard addressed her. She cleared her throat.
“Uh- yes sir. I still need to be sorted...” As he mentioned her stuff, she suddenly noticed Binx gazing at her with round eyes as if he had just appeared out of nowhere.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James looked at Draco and nodded. Draco looked at both of them and when micheal nodded towards Draco he decided to start the duel. "Since you are both ready I will start it now. Both please go and stand close to the end of the edge and face away from eachother." They both did that and stood still for a while waiting for the signal. "START!" Draco screamed and James instanly moved in to action "expelliarmus, Sectumsempra" James said in a calm voice.

(Yes I was allowed to auto @Killerbunny's char.)
(Spells Expelliarmus - Disarming Spell)
(Sectumsempra - Cutting spell)

Michael was quick to react on the spells coming his way. He used Protego to protect himself. But only succeeded to protect from Expelliarmus so he had to duck under Sectumsempra.
"Expelliarmus! Stupify! Sectumsempra!" Michael shouted as he sent away the three spells. Sectumsempra was sent at the right and the other two straight forward.

(Short post :()

Conner had to keep his jaw from dropping and decided to cover it with his hand. He had heard rumours about Sectumsempra but he never thought that he would see two students use it on one another. "I can't tell if this is just a duel to keep their magic or a death match, and it only just started. They are already tossing out heavy duty spells. One of them, if not both, will end up in the infirmary at the end of this. If they survive that is." He was clearly worried about the outcome of this duel, he was not close to any of the Slytherins or Ravenclaws but neither of the Houses deserved a badly wounded member. "You two better survive and watch your insults next time, or at the very least fight the muggle way." He muttered.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James just stood still as he waited for the spells he the dodge left so all the spells would miss. "Crucio" he said in a low tone so Micheal wouldn't know what spell he used. He waited for the spel to come half way. "Stupefy, bombarda" He said in his calm voice again. He knew Micheal could doge the first but him using bombarda he had to dodge and run away a bit or use a sheild sharm but then he could hurt the people watching.

(Spells used. Crucio - Unforgivable)
(Stupefy - Stunner)
(Bombarda - Exploding spell)

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis watched the intense battle start between James and Michael. “Wow, they both know a lot of spells...” She spoke quietly, and Forest padded up behind her. He let out a soft purr, and Otis picked him up. She sat down with Forest on her lap. “Go Michael! Go James!” Otis called out, with Forest meowing along.

Michael didn't hear what kind of spell the first one was but avoided it that one and stupify and ran forwards and dodged to the side so Bombardia wouldn't hit. Unfortunately, that last maneuver failed a bit and he took damage to the back and was thrown towards the ground. His reactions were fast and so he managed to roll and in that way shake off the aftermath. He sent out a Lumos to blind James for a second as he prepared for his next spell.
"Expelliarmus!" He shouted and shot away the spell towards James

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Potter turned and picked up the sorting hat, "well betbetter late than never." He placed the hat on Austen head then turned to Alec, as I said Alexander, you need to find your self a guardian, come to me with the person and I will fill out the necessary paper. He then turned his attention back to Austen.

The last thing Austen saw before the hat covered her eyes was the headmaster’s smiling face. Would she be put in Gryffindor with Alec? She sure hoped so. Her parents were already expecting her to be in Hufflepuff. They may have jumped the gun a little and bought her her Hufflepuff school uniform, which would explain why they had told her that her robes were already here. She was a bit conflicted on which house she wanted to be in; the one with her new friend or the one her parents expected her to be in. She didnt mind either way. Maybe she would get neither!
“Ah yes.. I see. Miss Revera is it? Cant say ive seen a Revera here before..” Austen jumped a little when she heard a strange, grumbling voice in her head. She tried to peek at the headmaster and Alec to see if they had heard it, but something had pushed her hand back forcefully.
“Now now, you dont get to take the hat off until youre sorted!” Then it clicked. This hat was magical! It actually talked!
“Uh..yes sir, my family are all muggles... well except my great aunt, who went to a wizarding school somewhere back in America i believe..” The sorting hat chuckled a bit but shushed her.
“Let me do my work child. Although im already confident where to put you.. HUFFLEPUFF IT IS!” It screamed this last part out to the headmaster and her friend, and she jumped again. Finally the hat came off, and she squinted at the sudden brightness. She wondered what this meant for her, being sorted into Hufflepuff. She sure hoped she liked it.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Potter nodded slightly, then Austen luggage vanished, "your luggage is in your dorm, Mr Cooper could you take her there, you know the way to your sisters dorm I presume", Alec responded "yes professor" and turned to the door leaving saying "come on Austen", he started to make his way to the Hufflepuff Dorm.

Jaz was heading back to her dorm she didn't want to watch the duel and she went to do some studying, she now sat, a a table in the Hufflepuff common room with her books on transfiguration and Animagi.

Last edited:
So much was happening all at once! Austen sidled up next to Alec, scared to be left alone in the huge castle. Now that she was sorted, she realized she would have to be staying with a whole bunch of other Hufflepuffs, and she wasnt quite sure if she was ready. She turned and gave a small wave goodbye to the professor and the sorting hat. They seemed like good people. Well... person and hat. As they made there way promptly through the hallway (Austen having to take twice as many steps just to catch up with Alec), she wondered what made the houses so different from one another.
“Hey Alec, why do you suppose i got chosen for Hufflepuff? Also how do I become an animagi like you?! I know a lot about those... my aunt used to tell me all about them! Well... except how to turn into one i guess..Also what was the professor talking about when he said you had to have a gaurdian? I didnt mean to pry, but i WAS right there after all...”

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alec turned as they reached the Hufflepuff common room, "well, um..I don' know really about why the hat chooses, um..well you need to be at least a fourth year before being an animagus, oh and I need a guardian because of the fact that I inappropriately use my animagi abilities." He smiled walmly at the girl as the door to the Hufflepuff common room opened.

Jaz had put away her books, cleaned up the area where she had been studying, and opened the common room door to find, Alec and a girl, not in uniform. "Alec, what are you doing here and who is this. Also did I hear you say you have to get a guardian", Alec replied "oh hey Jaz, this is Austen Rivera, she is a Hufflepuff first year from America, I was showing her around, and yes I have to get a guardian who is not related to me by blood", he turned to Austen "Austen, this is Jasmine Cooper, my twin sister". Jaz turned to the girl "hello, Austen".

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James smirked as he got Micheal but that didn't last long as he got blinded and the hit by a spell. If he would guess it would be Expelliarmus. He flew back atleast 3 meters and his wand was lying a bit infront of him by 5 meter. James sighted "You know that was a good plan." He said as he stood up and dusted himself of. "It would have been a better plan if you didn't forget that I could do wandless magic" James added. Suddenly his wand flew back to his hands. "Locomotor Mortis" He saw Micheal fall down to the ground. "time to end this" He thought. "AVADA...."

(Yes I was I could auto @Killerbunny's char)

Austen wondered how one could inappropriately use animagi abilities, but before she could ask any more questions, they approached a girl that looked quite similar to Alec. They made their introductions, and Austen giggled and waved shyly when she was addressed. “Hello!” She glanced around the hufflepuff dorm and immediately decided she liked it. It was more cozy than anywhere else she had been. Looking back at Alec’s sister, she compared the two. Both with flaming red hair and brilliant green eyes. They were both taller than her, but that was to be expected.. the best part about them was how open and welcoming they seemed. Austen could confidently say they made her feel much better about being here, so far away from home.

Last edited:
Conner was paying close attention to the fight, anxious as if he was up next instead of just watching it. He wanted to cover his eyes, yet didn't want to at the same time. Adrenaline was rushing through his veins as spells were fired left and right, one of them disarming James. "Nice hit Michael!" He cheered, although his cheering quickly stopped as Michael fell down due to James' spell. "AVADA...." Just at that word, Conner's heart dropped into his stomach. He might've been a half-blood, but his father made sure that he knew the Unforgivables by name and this was one of them. "Professor Malfoy, stop him! That is the Killing Curse and illegal! Michael will die at this rate!" He had no idea if Professort Malfoy could do something about it, but he could atleast try.

Skylar looked shocked at Connor, “Really?!” She put her attention back to the fight, “James, don’t kill him over a stupid book argument!” She bit her lip, “Think how stupid this is, how far you’ve taken it, and for what?”

"I give up, i give up!" Michael shouted when he heard the spell that James was about to use. That meant he would have to live without magic for the rest of his life but he preferred to live without magic over dying. He was angry now because he lost. He expected James to walk over and break his wand. Or that Professor Malfoy would do it. In any case, he would lose his magic. And there was nothing he could do about it.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James smirked. "well it is good that you gave up" James said with a smug voice. He then walked forward to Micheal "Because I wouldn't want to kill you know over a stupid insult." James then took Micheal's wand "Well looks like you need this back" James said handing Micheal's wand to him. "How do you expect to do magic without your wand. You didn't really think this "loose your magic" bullshit was real did you" James asked Micheal with a smirk.

"WHAT?!" Conner's voice split the air between the spectators and the duelists, and said voice was far from happy. "So you're telling me that you were just spewing crap? This whole fight was pointless? Then why the everliving fuck did you attempt to use the Killing Curse? Why did you start a duel in the first place instead of giving the book back at the start!" He jumped up in anger and disbelief, almost tearing his hair out over the pointless duel. He really wanted to walk away and never think about this ever again, but he demanded answers.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James looked at Conner and raised an eyebrow "I did give him the book. Not just the book the whole series." James then looked at Micheal. "You didn't look in the box? There was a not there for you explaining the whole duel and it included all the books for that series" James added. He then looked back at Conner "The duel was real. He did insult me and my family and that is something I can start a duel and kill him for so it is not "pointless" As you said." He then put on his school robes and walked out of the great hall with the grace only seen in a trained pureblood.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jaz thought for a second "well, bro I'm not sure what to do, I can't be your guardian because we're related by blood, your new friend here can't be your guardian, she couldn't possibly handle the magic." She walked to a chair and sat down in thought. As Jaz was thinking the Fat Friar came through the wall right behind Alec saying "hello there new Hufflepuff" this caused Alec to change suddenly and jump, in fox form, onto Austen's head where he kind of hid, "oops, sorry there my boy, didn't mean to make you jump" at a loss Alec didn't change back nor did he move from Austen head he was too taken a back. Jaz just sat there and laughed at her brother.

Austen was about to speak up and ask why in the world she wouldnt be able to learn and or handle some magic. After all, she DID get accepted here. She opened her mouth, but a different voice spoke up, startling her.
Hello there new Hufflepuff! A jolly, much deeper voice said gleefully. She spun on her heel to be face to face with a very...large, apparition. His face looked like a grape with thin hair growing on the top.
“Um..hello. Im Austen...” she wasnt quite sure what to say to what was obviously a dead person, but he seemed friendly enough... Then she squealed as Alec turned into his animagus and jumped on her head. She wasnt expecting the quick movement and the ghost thing still freaked her out a bit, but she quickly fell into a fit of giggles as his little paws tickled her head.

Conner wanted to retort, wanted to beat some sense in that pureblood skull of James. But he couldn't as James was right, he wouldn't resort to a magical duel but he certainly would beat someone up if they insulted his family or bloodline. He grunted and grabbed his stuff, angry for no real reason other than frustration. "Skylar, you coming?" He asked.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
After hopping down, Alec turned back into himself and turned to Austen, "sorry about that, the ghosts just kind of catch me off guard". Jaz was still laughing and Alec turned to her and said "Cut it out Jaz, it's not that funny", Jaz replied, "yeah it is, you'd think that in your fourth year, you'd be used the ghosts by now." Alec turned red in the face, and incredibly embarrassed, he walked out of the common room and stood in the corridor, after he left, Jaz turned to Austen "oh, um Austen, I hope I didn't offend you with the hole, magic that you couldn't handle thing, I just didn't think you should spend too much time with my brother, he has a tendency to get in trouble and you seem like a nice kid. So yeah" she then looked down and continued studying.

"All books!? Really!? But why didn't you tell me sooner!? That means we fought over nothing!" Michael said angrily. But he quickly calmed himself down. He had been lucky now that James had let him keep his magic but he might not have the same luck if there would be another duel. He took a deep breath.
"Alright. I don't want another duel so i think we should leave each other alone for the rest of the day. I need to get rid of some anger in some way" he said and walked away.

Austen shook her head, waving away his apology.
“Dont mention it! I understand why.. um...well, dead people that still float around old schools would creep you out a bit..” she said openly. She didnt mean to offend any spirits that may be listening, but she wasnt going to let her new friend be embarrassed. Her assurance, unfortunately, seemed to do very little as Jasmine egged it on. Suddenly he walked out into the hallway, leaving Austen alone. As she turned to face his sister, Jasmine was quick to apologize about her comment with the magic. Again Austen brushed it away.
“No, dont worry about it! Really its ok, i suppose i am only a first year. Although “trouble” sounds more like “adventure” to me! I really dont mind Alec..” She wondered what was so wrong with him? Alec himself even said he had a hard time making friends... she sighed as she realized she didnt know the first thing about this place. What did one do for fun..??

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James was walking around the castle. He was tired but at the same time not. So he decided a walk was the best. He was thinking back to the duel he had with Micheal. He was alone again, he didn't know if they were still friends. "eh don't know if care" He said to himself. He knew he care but if he told himself that he dosn't he could maybe stop caring. He is better of himself.

Skylar sighed, "I guess we should leave, so, I'll come." She ran after Connor, inviting Otis along with them (@OtisRolePlays). "Back to the Hufflepuff room?" She asked, looking around the now empty room. "I wonder what James is up to now, and what will happen to those two." She sighed again, watching Micheal walk away just as James had done. "What time is it now, anyway? That duel felt like forever!"

(So to make sure the roleplay doesn't die, i'm gonna post now)

Michael was headed straight back to the Ravenclaw house to rest in his dorm. He had just been through a duel after all. He needed rest. And he might even need to sleep. His back hurt a bit and so did his right arm and both his legs. But it was nothing too serious so he didn't need any medical treatment. He did know a few healing spells too so he was gonna be fine. But what hurt the most was that James actually had been ready to kill him. Even if it actually was a duel to the death, it felt so unreal to actually kill James. He didn't want that. But now he knew that James actually was prepared to do something like that to him. though it was kind of expected from a Slytherin. He shook his head and went inside his dorm. He sat down on his bed and looked at the box that Skylar had handed him and told him it was from James. He now knew that it contained the entire Hunger Games series but was a little reluctant to actually read them after what just had happened. It just seemed like a reminder to the duel because those books technically was what started all of it. Instead he picked up the Insurgent book. He had finished Divergent already and was now pretty far in on this one.

Conner slammed the Hufflepuff Boys dorm door shut in his rage and began to punch the nearest wall out of frustration. He didn't hate purebloods, he didn't hate Slytherins or a combination of those. James was doing nothing wrong, he had the right to start a duel. Then why was he so mad? Was it the clear arrogance of James? Was it the fact that he worried for no real reason? He didn't know, and kept punching the wall even after his knuckles started to bleed. He knew he had a short temper and should get a punching bag or something, but where could he get one and into his dorm? He didn't know, the wall was just the best alternative. "RAHH!" Conner voiced his frustration and threw one last rage-filled punch at the wall. He panted and looked at his hands, battered and bloody due to the repeated beating. He sighed and let himself fall back onto his bed, this day couldn't get any more different could it?

Skylar stood in front of the boys' Hufflepuff room. She was worried about Connor, having seen him so angry. When she heard banging, she winced at each punch, "Connor?" She called out, still listening into the door until the banging stopped. "Are you okay in there?" Comet crawled down off of Skylar, trying to fit under the door, but it was no use. "Thanks, Comet.." She lifted him back into her pocket. "Connor, if it's about the duel, they'll get over it, it was just a.. slightly harmless duel." She said the last bit quietly, worried he would just get more angry at the thought of it again.

Conner got up from his bed and opened the dorm door, clearly annoyed. "Am I okay? If I was, then I wouldn't punch the wall. I can't bash the duel, as that went by the rules." He punched the wall and sat down, clearly annoyed and with a bloodier right hand than when he left the dorm. "Why am I so irritated about it? Is it because James tried to use an Unforgivable just for an argument or is it something else?" He brooded for a second before letting out a sigh. "I think I'm just jealous, they are much better at duelling than me. That and the fact James was about to kill Michael without any hesitation, it is an Unforgivable for a reason!" He said with clear disgust of the curse as Oisin jumped out of his pocket.

(Sorry for the late reply, I kept forgetting to go on the roleplay)
Skylar rubbed her arm, watching Connor talk about the duel. “I guess that was the unforgivable. But I don’t think he would really kill Micheal.. when he saw him give up, maybe something clicked and he knew it would be totally wrong.” She shrugged, “That’s just what I thought.. but at the end of the day, they’ve been friends for a while.” She sighed, “I can’t tell you why you hate it so much, but let’s just hope they don’t do that again.”

"They better not use it again, or I'll beat some sense into them the old muggle way! They are considered Unforgivable for a reason, and that reason is that they were too cruel and inhumane! They are not to be thrown around like that!" Conner bared his teeth and dug his fingernails into his palms, although he closed his eyes and exhaled deeply soon afterwards. "Conner, think about Q-Y-Q. Quell your quarrel and relax." He took a deep breath, waited a couple seconds and exhaled. This got repeated a couple of times and he relaxed visibly. "Skylar, do you have some bandages with you? I am not really looking forward to a visit to the infirmary just for some bloody knuckles."

Skylar smiled, “Sure, wait here.” She quickly went up to the girls’ room and unpacked a bandage roll from her suitcase. She headed back down to Connor and threw them to him from outside, “Here you go, use ‘em well!” She sighed, “I have to say, I don’t agree with anything inhumane, if I did, Comet would probably be dead in a trap by now.” Comet came out squeaking, and was quickly hushed by Skylar. “If it got too serious, would professors not intervene? Those spells sound really dangerous, and I wouldn’t want my students to die if I was one.”