• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Hoenn Trainer RP

Jack exclaimed "Wow, Growlithes a shiny pokemon! thats so cool. Hey Aiden, I bet i can beat the Gym leader before you!" Jack Runs off of the ferry into rustboro city towards the gym

"I'll be at the Pokemon Center!" Ava called as the boys raced to the gym. She walked into the pokecenter and placed Eevee and Lillipup on the counter. Nurse Joy took them and after about a minute they were back and better than ever.

Ava decided to go look around in the forest closest to the gym. She would only go out for a little bit then she would go and watch the battles

"I think i could take her on pretty easily growlithe here has never let me down"
Jack Walked into the gym, after about 5 minutes he walked out head in hands, "Her pokemon are soooo strong" they took out gastly, deino and even Growlithe! I dont know how you will go with just one pokemon!" Jack rushed to the pokemon centre

"Go, Jerry! Use water gun! Use Hail! Finish him off with Mud Slap! Nosepass should be easy! Use Bide! Store your energy! He cant defeat you with rock type moves! Unleash all the energy you've got! Good job." He walked to the pokemon center. "Look what I got!" He showed him the stone badge.

Jack Looked Shocked. "b-b-but How! her nosepass is too strong! It was barely damaged by growlithe at all!" Jack sees a man in a white coat running toward them, "Hey you, I was late to the boat! I was meant to give you this!" The man stops at jack and asks "Which one of these pokemon do you want?" He releases a Treecko and a Torchic. Jack Stares in awe at them. "Look I've got to hurry so you can have both" He gives both of the pokeballs to Jack and a pokedex and runs off. "Thank me later!" He yells as he runs into the distance. "Hey Check out these new pokemon!" Jack says Excitedly.

"A fat man in a Professors coat gave them to me and ran off, I think it might have been professor Birch? He gave me these 2 pokemon. So now im going to go challenge that gym again and prove to Aiden that I am the best trainer!" Jack replied confidently

"Hey, how come you get pokemon and I don't? No fair! I am gonna catch some pokemon and then we will have a battle. see who's actually good enough to be the champion of hoenn. You go beat the gym while I catch some badass pokemons." He said, while running to the pokemart to buy some pokeballs.

"If you want to, we can make a plan to make a zigzagoon chase him, Thats how he gave me jerry. He didn't mean to, But I had to save him so I took it. Right, jerry?" "Mud! Mudkip!"

"Hah! You think you can beat me? I'll show you!" Jack runs in the direction of the pokemon gym. He walks into the gym Nervous as he knows the leader is strong "So...Your back! Look your growlithe isn't going to hurt my rock types,you'd better have a pokemon that will work effectively against mine" The battle ensued with Roxanne's Geodude K.Oing Jacks Deino, Gastly and Torchic. Jack sent out his Treecko "Treecko use Mega Drain!" Jack Shouted, his Treecko used mega Drain and K.Oed Roxannes Geodude. Roxanne confidently threw out her Nosepass. Treecko hit it with attack after attack. Nosepass clung on with a tiny amount of health. Treecko was also badly injured. Seeing Treecko couldnt take much more, Jack returned it and sent out Growlithe. "Growlithe you've got this!" Growlithe barked and used Fire wheel. The nosepass was hit and fell to the floor. It looked as though it was going to get up, before finally collapsing completely. Roxanne walked over to Jack. "Well done!, Youve earned this! The bond between your pokemon is very good! To see my Nosepass KOed by a FIRE TYPE of all things!" Roxanne handed Jack the Stone Badge. Jack's eyes went wide. "Ive got to show Ava and Aiden!"He yelled as he sprinted out of the gym looking for them.

"Now for catching some pokemon. Jerry, Go! Use water gun! Go, Pokeball! Gotcha! Ralts was caught! Jerry! Use mud slap! Go Pokeball! Gotcha! Wingull was caught! Now for this weird flower! Gotcha! Lotad was caught!"

Jack sees Aiden Catching some pokemon "Hey Aiden Your pokemon arent gonna be as strong as mine!" Jack yells as he runs into tall grass looking for some wild pokemon to battle. He encounters a Wingull. Treecko use Absorb! The wingull faints. He keeps wandering along until a trainer asks to battle. "Yeah sure I'll battle you! Im trying to evolve my Growlithe!" he says to the trainer. "haha silly boy Growlithe doesn't evolve without a fire stone beat me and i might give you one, though I warn you my Kadabra is very strong" Jack smirks and says, I think i can handle it! A battle ensues and jack comes out victorious. The old man gives Jack the Fire Stone. "I have got to show the others this!" Jack exclaims, and quickly thanks the man and runs off.

"My growlithe and treecko really pulled through, she was tough but I got her in the end and got the badge for it, This stone does something amazing to growlithe when i use it on him too... Watch" Jack says as he hesitantly brings the stone to growlithe. The stone starts to glow and the fur on growlithes back stands on end. He presses the stone to growlithe and growlithe is bathed in a bright light. after a few seconds the light fades away and in growlithes place is a shining golden Arcanine.

"Thats Growlithe" Jack pointed at the Arcanine "I read that a growlithe evolves into a pokemon called Arcanine under certain conditions" Jack said. "Well I suppose I should call you Arcanine now bud..." Arcanine Barked happily and licked jack. Jack turned around and looked at Aiden. "So... How about that battle?" Jack asked

"Okay. Just one thing. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT STONE?!?!?!?!? I wanna see what Jerry turns into! Me and jerry will go searching far and wide! To train him is my cause!" (References ;D) "Right, Jerry?" "Mud! Mudkip!"

"The old guy over there with the kadabra" Jack turned around. "Wait... he's gone... thats strange ,he was there just a second ago... Oh well Ive heard you can get stones all over Hoenn, If i find another one i'll give it to you" Jack said Arcanine Barked at Aiden. "It looks like he's ready to battle you too!" Jack said

Click!

The Torchic Ava had found was caught! She threw the pokeball out and put Torchic in the front pocket of her bag. Lillipup was in the back pocket and Eevee was at her feet. She rushed back to the others and found that Jacks growlithe had become an Arcanine. "Guys! Look, I caught a Torchic!" Ava said

"I was going to give you mine..." Jack looked at the pokeball he had in his hand containing Torchic. "Oh well, Ill hold on to it then i guess" Jack said smiling. "Do you guys want to have a battle, my pokemon are really strong now!!!" Arcanine Barked beside jack.

Name: Zailia
Appearance: Your typical shiny Zorua
Personality: Not trustful of humans, very loyal to friends. However curiosity will nearly always get the better of her.
Team species: Zorua
Previous Regions: No
Other: This is not a trainer, hope that's all right

OOC:(Where is everyone?)

(Right. Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush and don't have time to read the whole RP)

Zailia cautiously poked her head out of the bush next to the city, and instantly pulled it back in. There's so many humans! How can I get to a shop? I guess I could use an illusion. She took the shape of a human she'd seen many times before, a female trainer, and walked out of Route five and into the city. Spotting several people talking to each other, Zailia saw one of them hold up a pokeball. Trainers! Just act natural and they won't notice you. She attempted to walk past them, but was so nervous that she was too busy watching them to watch where she was going, and walked straight into a trash can, which promptly fell over with a bang. Yes, Zailia. Very inconspicuous

There was a crash nearby, Jack turned around and noticed a lady had hit a trash can. Arcanine growled in the direction of the lady.

"Arcanine. Enough!" Jack said to the pokemon. "Some people are so caught up in there daily lives they cant even watch where theyre going!" Jack exclaimed. He started to walk towards the lady to help her up.

Name: Nathan
Appearance: white hair, green eyes, white shorts and shirt
Personality: introvert, calm
Team: Ralts, Chikorita, Flabebe
Previous Regions: Kalos, Johto
Other: A rival