• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Adventures around the world

Brooks got out of bed and rushed down stairs and out the door and yelled " I'm going to get my first pokemon." Brooks ran into the lab and ask Proffesor Birch " CAN I HAVE MUDKIP!" Proffesor birch said "Of course you can!" He gave Brooks a pokeball.

When Brooks got home his mom and dad look worried. They said to Brooks " We are moving to Kalos." Brooks was speechless and asked " Why!?" They said " Your father has to move to Lumiose City, and we know you wanted to stay here but thats to far from your mom and dad. Brooks got pack and got in the car. Brooks' mom said " Who did you pick for your starter?" Brooks rembered that he got mudkip! He called mudkip and " mud-kip "

He got off the plane and thought " This is will my new journey here in Kalos! "

Last edited:
"Wow finally we can go on an adventure!" said Sol "Squirtle, Squirt!" Said the squirtle walking next to him. "We finally have a chance to travel the region and make new friends," He said as he crossed the busy roads of lumiose city excited to finally get out of the house again. "So where to first?"

Last edited:
Brooks sees a person running with a Squirtle, Brooks turns to Mudkip an ask " He might battle us lets go and ask him!" Brooks tells his mom and dad thats he going on his adventure he gives them hugs and runs to the trainer and says " Can you please battle us this will be our first battle!"

Sol looked over "Sure, we need some practice! Right Splash?" said Sol "Squirtle, Squirtle!" he squirtle said and ran forward, determination sparkling in his eyes "Ok you ready splash?" "Squirtle, Squirt!" "Ok then how bout you?" he said to the trainer wanting to get into a battle quickly.

" I am always ready " Brooks said, "what about you mudkip" " Kip! " " I am going to to call you Aqua" Brooks said Looking back at the trainer he said" You can make the first move, oh and the name is Brooks nice to meet you!"

Last edited:
"My names Sol and this is Splash!" He said determined to battle "Now, use bite!" he yelled, his squirtle quickly pounced forward with his mouth open showing his teeth ready to bite for his first attack!

"Aqua move out of the way!" Brooks said Aqua move but Splash was too fast and got Aqua's tail and slammed him into the ground Brooks yelled " Are you OK Aqua " Aqua got up " Nice job now use POUND!

Aqua slammed onto Splash hitting him onto the ground weakening him "Splash are you ok? OK use rapid spin!" Yelled Sol hoping he was ok. Splash was just able to pull into his shell and quickly span around to hit Aqua away.

The rapid spin hit Aqua hard making him losing his balance " Use bubble beam on the ground " Brooks called out. Aqua flew up in the air and regained its balance "Now use bubble beam around Splash then Pound!" Aqua used bubble and made Splash taped and Aqua used pound to set off a chain reaction and making a big explosion.

Last edited:
The explosion covered Splash "Splash! are you ok?" Yelled Sol fearfully "Well if you are then use aqua jet!" There was a short wait, the tension rising "Come on, Come on, Come on..." he said fearfully. In almost an instant Splash burst out of the explosion surrounded by a Jet stream of water charging at aqua at breakneck speeds.

" We can do that to!" " Aqua use Aqua Jet!" Aqua was surrounded with water and burst into Splash but Splash had more power and went right trough Aqua's aqua jet. The smoke cleared and Aqua fainted and Sol won. " Return Aqua you did great!"Brooks whispered " Thank you I am going to head to the Pokemon Center If you want you can come"

"Great Job Splash!" Said Sol "Yeah I`ll come too. Splash ran back to Sol and he returned into his pokeball as he was quite hurt. "That was a fun battle!" He said as he put Splash`s pokeball back into his bag. "Ok then, lets go to the pokemon center!" he said happily.

Brooks gave nurse Joy his pokeball, Brooks turned to Sol and asked " What are you going to do after this, and um....... does Sol mean anything, Its a cool name tho ! Brooks said a little shy. " after this I am going to get all the gym badge and go into the Kalos League and win!" He said cheerfully

Sol gave the nurse his pokeball "Well it was a recommendation from my grandfather to my parents, apparently it means peace" He said rubbing his hand on the back of his blonde hair smiling. "Before he died he was an amazing trainer who had journeyed around the region getting gym badges, that has been my goal ever since I was very young, and now it is finally happening." he said remembering his grandfather.

" That is so cool' Then Nurse Joy came into the room and said " Both of your pokemon are feeling great!" Brooks grabbed his pokeball, and pulled out his phone " It seems that they the Santalune City gym is the easiest so that is where I am heading!" But just then somebody called " Mister do you want this egg?" Brooks turned around and saw a woman with a egg ' I have no room for it please take it " " I will " Brooks said " what type of ....." the woman was gone ' Well sol do you know what will hatch from this egg. The egg was mostly white with blue and red spots

Last edited:
Sol grabbed his pokeball "Hmm..." replied Sol looking at the egg, "Well from my experience with eggs it seems to look closest to a togepi egg, but I`m not an expert" he said while inspecting the egg "Well yeah togepi is my guess" "Well back on topic, yeah I`m going there too" He said, he opened up Splash`s pokeball and he came out "Squirtle, Squirt!" his squirtle said enthusiastically.

" Want to go together it will make a lot more fun!" He said cheerfully " We will have lots of fun and the egg will hatch by then and we can battle each other when ever we want so what do you say"

"Hmm..." He said thinking thoroughly "Well I guess there isn`t any reason not too, so sure that`ll make the journey a lot more fun, anyways I need more practice anyway" he said looking at his Squirtle "Ok, I`m in!" he finally decided "To Santalune City Gym!"

THREE DAYS LATER

"
Aqua use Water gun!" Brooks was in a middle of a battle and it was going his way " Now Aqua jet!" Brooks said. The smoke went away and the other trainers pokemon fainted " Thanks for the battle said Brooks, Brooks walked over to Sol and was about to say something but then his egg hatched! It was a togepi " It is so cute! what do you think about it Sol?"

"Hah, I guess I was right huh? Wow its so spiky, I guess it`ll stay in its egg for a while" he brought out his pokedex and pointed at it "A proverb claims that happiness will come to anyone who can make a sleeping Togepi stand up." said the pokedex "hah we should try that sometime when its sleeping" he said chuckling

Brooks started to laugh " HAHAH!" "well after this route is the gym cant think that I would be here well here I am" Brooks reached into his bag and took out three bowls and two plates " Well i am making sandwiches " Then pulled out Three bottles of pokemon food " I looked what Splash and Aqua like to eat and what they need and made it in to pokemon food and know i have t work on Togepi and see what it would like!" Brooks pulled out Aqua's pokeball " come out! " kip " Brooks put the sandwiches on the plates and said "lets eat!"

"It`s been a while since I`ve been too this area" said Sol as he looked around he took a bite "Wow that`s good, there`s so many cool pokemon out here, I see ralt`s, ledyba and Flabébé, it`s so nice to go outside again" he took another bite "So where are you from? I can`t believe I haven`t asked that yet" he asked

Last edited:
" It is ok I'm from Littleroot town from Hoenn" Brooks said taking a big bite " So what about you?" Brooks asked. Then Brooks remembered all of his friends back in Hoenn but quickly put it out of his mind

"Well I`m from lumiose city, my parents are both battle gamblers and they wanted me to join the family business, but I just want to travel with my pokemon, I`m happy I can finally go on a journey with the excuse of getting stronger" he said "But wow I've heard a lot about hoenn, so why are you in kalos?" he asked taking another bite.

" Well I think it is dumb....nom...nom...nom.. my dad is a pokemon researcher and the professor here got him a home and now it is a lot easier to do work and i was dragged here but it is nice here and I like it!" 'Oh this one time i saw the new champion Wallace and he said hi to me!"

"Really?, I heard about him on the news, why did steven even lose the position?" Sol took a final bite from his sandwich "That sandwich was really good, we should really get moving soon, hopefully we can battle the gym today!" he said exitedly "I can`t wait!"

"OK lets go!" Replied Sol, they walked into Santalune city "So who is going to battle the gym first?" asked Sol "You can go first if you really want, I kinda wanna see what pokemon the gym leader has, I hear they use bug type pokemon but shouldn`t be underestimated like most bug trainers"

" Ok I'll go first' Brooks walked into the gym and asked ' I would like to challenge the gym please!?" The door open and there was the gym leader Viola " Hi" she said " Welcome to my gym now lets battle! Viola threw out you pokemon it was surskit "kit" Brooks threw out his " GO TOGEPI!" He said Now use Hyper Voice!" "TTTOOOOGGEEEEPPPIIII" It hit surskit and made it lose it balance "now surskit quick attack " It hit togepi and togepi went flying. Brooks whispered "A little higher NOW USE PECK!' Togepi was so high it could use peck! It came fly at surskit and knocked it out " Surskit return " Surskit went into its pokeball "Come out vivillon!" "VVIIVIVVV" now use tackle!" vivillon came rushing down and hit togepi the smoke cleared and togepi fainted 'good job togepi you where great return! Now here comes mudkip! "Kip" Now Aqua jet!" aqua was charging at vivillon and knocked into the wall " Keep going!" Brooks yelled. Then vivillon had enough at fainted " Vivillon return "said Voila " You have showed that have great power, you and you pokemon you have earned the bug badge " She gave Brooks the badge. Brooks turned around and showed Sol and said " Now its your turn!' Brooks and Viola healed there pokemon. " Come out both out you and cheer on Sol! " Brooks let out Aqua and Togepi " Kip' " toge"

"Ok let`s do this, I haven`t showed you my other two pokemon have I?" He said bringing out a pokeball "Ok Draco lets do this!" he threw the pokeball and out came a gible, Viola sent out her surskit "Now use dragon rage!" a large beam of purple energy flew from the gibles mouth but surskit countered with ice beam "Now use take down!" yelled Sol, gible charged straight at surskit hitting it back "Now use dragon rage!" gible attacked and forced surskit to faint.

"Ok then go vivillion!" yelled Viola "Now use tackle" She yelled. "Use dragon rage! yelled Sol, vivillion dogdged it and hit gible back "Now use gust," She commanded. Vivillion sent flapped its wings creating a gust of wind which sent gible flying back to faint. "Ok Draco, return, you did well," said Sol "Ok go Pyro!" he threw a pokeball and out came a cyndaquil "Use ember!" a flame threw from pyro`s mouth hitting vivillion, "Now use tackle!" both trainers yelled the two pokemon charged at eachover but pyro hit vivillion away and made it faint. "I just need a photo of that" she said after being defeated, she snapped a photo and gave Sol his bug badge.

" Nice job so where to next?" " The next gym is in Cyllage City which will take six days to get to get
there so what do you say to Cyllage city and some great pokemon so lets go!"

Sol returned his cyndaquil into its pokeball and put it away in his bag "Sure, Cyllage gym it is, I`m pretty sure the gym leader there is grant who specializes in the rock type and fossil pokemon, I would love to see them myself," he said exitedly. When they walked out it was night time "We should probably go to a hotel, its getting late," said Sol

Last edited:
THE NEXT DAY

" Come on!" Brooks said " We can't lose it!" Brooks throws a pokeball " I got it, i got eevee I dont know what evolve it into I think I want flareon meh I have a lot of time to think so Sol what do you think about eevee insist it so cute!"

"Wow!" said Sol "I`ve only ever seen the evolutions of it, never a normal eevee, flareon would be a good choice but it`s your decision," he looked over and saw a mareep that was pink lying down damaged with a broken pokeball, he ran over to it "What happened here?" he realised that he couldn`t carry it to a pokemon center or it would shock him so he pulled out a pokeball and caught it "We need to find the original owner of this," he said putting the pokeball in his bag "Let`s get to the closest pokemon center quickly!"

Ok! we need to go quick the fastest why is to go in that forest lets go!" Brooks ran into the forest and said come on and ran deeper in but was stopped my a moving tree 'is that a pokemon?" he ask but then it bowled a spore on Brooks fainted and was taken away by the pokemon

"Splash use aqua jet and get him back!" yelled Sol, Splash was surrounded by a jet of water and flew at the pokemon but he could reach and fell down and landed back on the ground, "Come on!" he said but the pokemon had already gotten far away.

Last edited:
Brooks awoke and was wondering where he was and he remembered what just happen he looked around and show the pokemon that capered him, Brooks pulled out his pokedex and it said it was trevenant he got up and said " Why did you bring me here!?" Trevenant turned around and shot a shadow ball at Brooks. Brooks went flying back and hit a rock and his head stated to bleed He called out eevee and said " eevee use swift int the air!" shot swift into the and and Brooks prayed that Sol would see it.

Sol had been looking around for ten minutes with the help of Splash, Pyro and Draco when suddenly he saw sparkles over a cave in the hill "Everyone let`s go there!" they all ran to the cave as quickly as they could he saw a trevenant standing at the entrance, "use ember!" he yelled, then his cyndaquil shot flames from its mouth but the trevenant countered with shadow ball. He looked over and there was Brooks and the eevee he had just caught.

Brooks looked to see Sol " Sol you need to get out of" Then trevenant turn around and slammed Brooks agents the wall make his head bleed even more " Aqua come out!" Aqua come out of its ball " Now Water gun" Aqua used aqua get but it did almost nothing Brooks tried to call another move but his head hart so bad and he was losing blood and his vision was mast up

"Pyro use ember! Splash use water gun! Draco use dragon rage!" yelled Sol, all three used there attacks and combined their strenghth to hit trevenant back "Pyro finish him with ember!" he yelled but Pyro ran forward and was surrounded by a flaming light, he then evolved into a quilava and used flame wheel on trevenant at maximum power creating a burst of flames.