• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League Tournament Sign Up

Alright, so obviously this is the Hoenn League RP sign ups, (Or the Ever Grande Conference, whatever) with a few modified things.
One thing is that the preliminaries, and qualifying rounds are skipped. This is only because of the massive amount of people necessary, and the compilation of double battles.
Second thing is, the first 3 rounds are of your character vs. a made up opponent, using three pokemon. This is so battles don't drag on forever, and to make sure 32 people don't have to sign up. Once it is down to 8, then begins your character vs another real person character with 6 pokemon.
Then the rest goes on from there.
All pokemon are allowed, minus legendaries, of course, one mega, and one pokemon on your team can use a z-crystal.
Rules:
1. Follow RP thread rules
2. No doing this: Vileplume used razor leaf and directly hit gyarados fainting it.
What you should do is: Vileplume used razor leaf aimed straight for gyarados, all herald could do now was hope it hits. AKA The other person decides if the attack hits or not. However, you can't go dodging every single attack, or that's also unfair.
3. Keep swearing to a minimum
4. Have fun!
Character Sheet:
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Accessories: (Special items to your character, or things like glasses hats and gloves)
Hometown:

You don't have to list your pokemon, because throughout every battle you can switch out your pokemon out for new ones. Just be sure to highlight your main members in the RP.
If you have any questions, just ask, any suggestions is helpful, and the RP will go up once 7 people sign up (I am one, so that drops it to 7)

Now that's all covered, here is my character sheet

Name: Zack R. Hunter
Personality: Zack is a overall nice guy, hard worker, brave and bold. He is different from a lot of trainers, because instead of instructing his pokemon in training, he trains alongside with them. He gets along well with other people, but isn't very outgoing.
Appearance: Tanned skin, red eyes, and red-orange dyed hair that he styles in a quiff. Typically where's a dark red shirt with neon orange highlights, and a fire type emblem on the chest, along with bright orange shorts, and crimson sneakers.
Accessories: His special small red ruby hanging from his right pocket, white sports glasses with orange lenses, and orange sports gloves.
Hometown: Fuchsia City, Kanto

Good luck to anyone else who wants to join!

Name: Max
Personality: Max is very lovable and cheerful,but is great at quick thinking and battle tactics,his childish actions leads to him getting in trouble a lot
Appearance: red eyes,brown hair,a red T-shirt with fire symbol on it, a blue bandana on his head, and tan shorts,green tennishoes
Accessories:
Hometown: new bark town

Admin edit: You never requested a Key Stone in accordance to our rules so no, you don't have one and aren't allowed to have one either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Willis Sawyer
Personality: Determined trainer of few words but great strategy. He has a bond so great with his Pokemon he can understand them almost as if he is talking to them.
Appearance: Long black hair, going down to his Lime Green eyes. Hoodless jacket with the top half black and bottom half a dark green wit0h black sleeves. Jacket zipped halfway revealing plain navy blue shirt with a shiny riolu on the front. Dark blue jeans. Hightops matching the color of his eyes with a cyan tongue and white soles.
Accessories: A hat featuring the top half of an ultra ball on the front the rest black. And the Z-Ring on his wrist.

Hometown: Littleroot

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Willis Sawyer
Personality: Determined trainer of few words but great strategy. He has a bond so great with his Pokemon he can understand them almost as if he is talking to them.
Appearance: Long black hair, going down to his Lime Green eyes. Hoodless jacket with the top half black and bottom half a dark green wit0h black sleeves. Jacket zipped halfway revealing plain navy blue shirt with a shiny riolu on the front. Dark blue jeans. Hightops matching the color of his eyes with a cyan tongue and white soles.
Accessories: A hat featuring the top half of an ultra ball on the front the rest black. A small black necklace with his keystone. And the Z-Ring on his wrist.

Hometown: Littleroot
Also this is the first time I've written some sort of a character description normally I just draw this character

Honestly I'm not the best drawer or artist and I don't have coloring supplies this is something I drew real quick. If you want I can work on a more detailed version later on

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 36
This is probably gonna be my last drawing attempt wish I had colored pencils or something to make it look better

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 34
Name: Soras Blano
Personality: Kind, Smart, Reckless,
Appearance: Black Hoodie, Shoes, And Jeans, brown hair, Red Eyes, Peachy Skin, Short.
Accessories: (Special items to your character, or things like glasses hats and gloves): An Amulet Allowing Him To Keep His Dunsparce Under Control When It's Angry
Hometown: Pallet Town, Kanto.

Well, You Joined My League RP, Might As Well Join Yours!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Light mini-modding deleted., especially when it's, um, wrong.

Yes, MEGA STONES require staff approval, but Z-Crystals CLEARLY DO NOT. Read the damn rules before telling people off for breaking rules that they haven't!

Name: Jonathan Smith
Personality: Courageous, Smart, Hotheaded at Times
Appearance: Purple Jacket, black shirt underneath. Short dark brown hair. Jeans, same shoes as XY Ash.
Accessories: Poketch
Hometwon: Kiloude City, Kalos
Poke'Mon: Wartortle, Jolteon, Grovyle, Houndour, Manecric, Pidgeot, Mankey, Sharpedo

@Starry Phantump

oh yea, I didn't see the edit, are you still ok without using a key stone? Sorry about that.

@BeastBoyLucario

accepted, though you didn't have to put your pokemon, but it's fine. Also, you don't have to use pokemon from kanto to hoenn, you can use any pokemon. Unless you knew that and just wanted those pokemon, which is fine too.

Name: Jonathan Smith
Personality: Courageous, Smart, Hotheaded at Times
Appearance: Purple Jacket, black shirt underneath. Short dark brown hair. Jeans, same shoes as XY Ash.
Accessories: Poketch
Hometwon: Kiloude City, Kalos
Poke'Mon: Wartortle, Jolteon, Grovyle, Houndour, Manecric, Pidgeot, Mankey, Sharpedo
I'm not judging you I just find it interesting that you have NFE Pokemon on your team

First, you must ask a moderator or staff member if it is ok to use a mega evolution, which I mistakenly forgot to mention. If you get approved it's one mega for every person

Got it.also is mega evolution only allowed on certain rounds or for the whole thing, same with Z-moves. Also can you use mega evolution and a Z-Move in the same battle or no?

Mega Evolution can be used for the entire RP. Z-moves can be used once in a battle, the entire RP. Both Mega Evolution and Z-moves can be used in the same battle.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clarify for those of you who did not actually read the rules properly - I'm going to have to explain more elaborately.

Z-Crystals and Z-Rings are not restricted by anything but the restrictions they have in-game. That is to say, you may only use one Z-move per battle, but you may have multiple Z-crystals and for example, have a Decidueye use Sinister Arrow Raid in one battle and a Haxorus use Devastating Drake in another. That's perfectly fine, and you don't need to request specific permissions to have a Z-ring or Z-crystals.

Mega Evolutions and the items related to such? That's a whoooooole different kettle of fish. Those require approval from a staff member to use, and the approval is not per RP, it's per character. You see, what you need to do to request permission for any of your characters - ANY OF THEM - to have a Mega Evolving Pokemon, is to contact me via a Conversation, requesting the use of a Mega Evolution on your character. You may only have one Mega Evolution per character, and it must be a Pokemon that your character has a very deep bond with. The trainer and the Pokemon must both be worthy of Mega Evolution and have a strong bond, and you must be able to prove it through a character bio for both the trainer and the Pokemon, and sufficient proof of their history together and the trainer's skill level - Mega Evolution is a force that is very difficult to control. In addition, you must be able to explain how your character came by a Mega Stone and a Key Stone - both of which are extremely rare and not idly found.

You may not receive approval right away and may be asked to rewrite or revise your character or your explanation of certain things if they are deemed not solid enough. You may be rejected outright because of your previous track record as an RPer - mega evolutions are a power that comes with great responsibility and we don't want people abusing those - but eventually, if you are a trusted-enough RPer and you and your character are deemed worthy, you may receive approval to use a Mega Evolution with that particular character (unless we receive reports of you abusing the privilege, in which case, it might be revoked). But , until such permission is granted, you are NOT ALLOWED, in any way, shape, or form, to use a Mega Evolution or even have a Mega Stone or a Key Stone!

And of course, remember that Z-Crystals and Mega Stones are hold items, so a Mega Evolved Pokemon obviously cannot use a Z-move, and a pokemon holding a Z-Crystal cannot Mega Evolve. Also, obviously, Mega Evolution works in a similar manner to the way it would in the games or the anime - you don't necessarily have to use it (and it is, in fact, best saved as a last resort, or against another mega-tier pokemon), but when you do, your Pokemon is locked into that form until it faints or the battle ends.

So yes, I was talking to Starry Phantump here - and I'm also talking to Savag3Sword. You did not ask permission to have a Key Stone, and so, you are not allowed to have one. Too little, too late.

Last edited:
Just to clarify for those of you who did not actually read the rules properly - I'm going to have to explain more elaborately.

Z-Crystals and Z-Rings are not restricted by anything but the restrictions they have in-game. That is to say, you may only use one Z-move per battle, but you may have multiple Z-crystals and for example, have a Decidueye use Sinister Arrow Raid in one battle and a Haxorus use Devastating Drake in another. That's perfectly fine, and you don't need to request specific permissions to have a Z-ring or Z-crystals.

Mega Evolutions and the items related to such? That's a whoooooole different kettle of fish. Those require approval from a staff member to use, and the approval is not per RP, it's per character. You see, what you need to do to request permission for any of your characters - ANY OF THEM - to have a Mega Evolving Pokemon, is to contact me via a Conversation, requesting the use of a Mega Evolution on your character. You may only have one Mega Evolution per character, and it must be a Pokemon that your character has a very deep bond with. The trainer and the Pokemon must both be worthy of Mega Evolution and have a strong bond, and you must be able to prove it through a character bio for both the trainer and the Pokemon, and sufficient proof of their history together and the trainer's skill level - Mega Evolution is a force that is very difficult to control. In addition, you must be able to explain how your character came by a Mega Stone and a Key Stone - both of which are extremely rare and not idly found.

You may not receive approval right away and may be asked to rewrite or revise your character or your explanation of certain things if they are deemed not solid enough. You may be rejected outright because of your previous track record as an RPer - mega evolutions are a power that comes with great responsibility and we don't want people abusing those - but eventually, if you are a trusted-enough RPer and you and your character are deemed worthy, you may receive approval to use a Mega Evolution with that particular character (unless we receive reports of you abusing the privilege, in which case, it might be revoked). But , until such permission is granted, you are NOT ALLOWED, in any way, shape, or form, to use a Mega Evolution or even have a Mega Stone or a Key Stone!

And of course, remember that Z-Crystals and Mega Stones are hold items, so a Mega Evolved Pokemon obviously cannot use a Z-move, and a pokemon holding a Z-Crystal cannot Mega Evolve. Also, obviously, Mega Evolution works in a similar manner to the way it would in the games or the anime - you don't necessarily have to use it (and it is, in fact, best saved as a last resort, or against another mega-tier pokemon), but when you do, your Pokemon is locked into that form until it faints or the battle ends.

So yes, I was talking to Starry Phantump here - and I'm also talking to Savag3Sword. You did not ask permission to have a Key Stone, and so, you are not allowed to have one. Too little, too late.
That's fine I joined just over a day ago so I didn't know the rules. But rules are rules I guess