• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament discussion

Alright everyone listen up
The tournament begins as soon as Riley gets medical attention.
Here's how it going to go down.
we are going to be battling NPCs until only player characters remain.
The player characters will battle each other on Showdown. That way it'll be fair for both parties
I'm going to randomize the order of when the battles are going to be fought so we don't have everyone battling at the same time.
The rounds are going to be as fallowed
Round one ( Perlimaries) is going to be a 1v1 battle
round two ( Top 64) is going a double battle
Round 3 ( Top 32) is going to be a 3 v3 battle
round 4 ( top 16) Is going to be another 3v3 battle
Round 5, The Semi finals, the Finals ( Top 8,4,2) is going to be a full 6v6 battle.

As for your predicament Ms. Aspen just say that a life boat rescued you. That arc is officially over, All of us are going to be responsible with creating this new story arc. So if you want to stay in great more competition. If not then I'll make sure you go out in a blaze of glory.

Now before The order is picked Johnson You might have already answered this in the RP but is Neve going to participate in the tournament.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Alright everyone listen up
The tournament begins as soon as Riley gets medical attention.
Here's how it going to go down.
we are going to be battling NPCs until only player characters remain.
The player characters will battle each other on Showdown. That way it'll be fair for both parties
I'm going to randomize the order of when the battles are going to be fought so we don't have everyone battling at the same time.
The rounds are going to be as fallowed
Round one ( Perlimaries) is going to be a 1v1 battle
round two ( Top 64) is going a double battle
Round 3 ( Top 32) is going to be a 3 v3 battle
round 4 ( top 16) Is going to be another 3v3 battle
Round 5, The Semi finals, the Finals ( Top 8,4,2) is going to be a full 6v6 battle.

As for your predicament Ms. Aspen just say that a life boat rescued you. That arc is officially over, All of us are going to be responsible with creating this new story arc. So if you want to stay in great more competition. If not then I'll make sure you go out in a blaze of glory.

Now before The order is picked Johnson You might have already answered this in the RP but is Neve going to participate in the tournament.
I can confirm that Neve will be participating in the tournament, however,what I want to happen is that she goes further into the tournament than Jonas. Jonas will need to get knocked out at one of the 3 vs 3 rounds. Neve will either get knocked out on the second 3 vs 3.

Alright
After Randomizing the Order a few times this is the order the preliminaries will go .
Riley
Clair
Kiri
Darius
Jonas
Aspen
neve
Drew
Luke
Joe
Ella
Patrick
Yannick
Marduk
Ashton
Dennis ( I forgot about him.)

Last edited:

Alright
After Randomizing the Order a few times this is the order the preliminaries will go .
Riley
Clair
Kiri
Darius
Jonas
Aspen
neve
Drew
Luke
Joe
Ella
Patrick
Yannick
Marduk
That's a lot of own characters. Some people like Marduk seem to not have replied in a while. I know some are planned by others to be killed off. What do you use to randomise the names btw?

That's a lot of own characters. Some people like Marduk seem to not have replied in a while. I know some are planned by others to be killed off. What do you use to randomise the names btw?
I'm going to give everyone a one day grace period to get their battle taken care of. If they don't reply in that grace period they're be knocked out.
As for the second thing. I used https://www.random.org/lists/ (RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer) for the order of battles
And For the match ups I use https://www.randomlists.com/team-generator (Random Team Generator — Split a list into random groups)

All right! Oh also, I kinda realized that Psychic isn't on Gen's moveset, so I decided to take out Disable. Here's an up-to-date moveset table:

Typhlosion, Ashley, female, Ability: Blaze, Moves: Thunderpunch, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Eruption

Lapras, Aras, male, Ability: Shell Armor, Moves: Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse

Rapidash (shiny), Twilight, female, Ability: Flash Fire, Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Stomp, Megahorn, Low Kick

Gengar, Gen, Male, Ability: Levitate, Moves: Destiny Bond, Toxic, Psychic, Shadow Ball

Espeon, Esp (pronounced eh-s-p), Female, Ability: Synchronize, Moves: Wish, Protect, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power

Raichu: Chu, Male, Ability: Static, Moves: Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, Iron Tail, Rain Dance

Hey it's alright. I usually try to keep my swearing down to a minimum.
Unless I'm at work and some idiot continually changes what his order is.

Last edited:
We just have to wait for him to get on and get to the stadium. My character's too nice... she's waiting for him. XD Not one of my personality traits in real life. Unless its one of my best friends at school. lol

Clair already went? I guess I'll go now I'll have it be kinda lengthy

My character mostly doesn't swear cause I don't think he'd actually be the type to swear cause it wouldn't really look good on his character

With Aspen's post, she seemed to bring more than one pokemon to the battlefield, yet treated it as a 1vs1 as soon as one pokemon fainted. Is this normally allowed? (Just confirming that we're allowed to bring more than one pokemon to Jagson + the others)

Looks like it's Drew turn next, btw does anyone know where Luke Ketchum disappeared to? Luke is after Drew and I remember only seeing him post once or twice, certainly not recently.