• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Hoenn: An Island of Exploration

Welcome to Hoenn, where the Swablu fly through the air, Tailow sing, and a lot of interesting events. Professor Birch has called trainers far and wide for a Presentation, but said presentation is interrupted by an Evil Team called Darkarrows, led by High Admin Donovan. Adventure through the Hoenn Region as Darkarrows attempts to make chaos.

Your character can either be part of Team Darkarrows or a Trainer. Team Darkarrows members generally have Poison, Dark, Steel and sometimes Water types.

Character Sheet

Name:
Sexuality: (This could be discovered later for younger characters)
Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Other Appearance details:
Personality:
Family:
Crush:
Pokemon:
Other:

Name: Jason Argentston
Sexuality: Straight but Taken
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 115
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: platinum blonde
Other Appearance Details: none
Personality: Shy, sweet and caring with a Serious side.
Family: James Argentston (Triplet Brother), Laura Argentston (Triplet Sister), Emma Argentston (Younger Sister), Firey Argentston (Father), Ariana Montgomery-Argentston (Mother), Lana Montgomery-Oak (Aunt), Johann Oak (Uncle), Samuel "Rusty" Montgomery (Uncle, Deceased)
Crush: Alyssa Seaboard
Pokemon:
Metagross: Ability: Clear Body
Chatot: Ability: Keen Eye
Aerodactyl: Ability: Rock Head
Empoleon: Ability: Torrent
Swoobat: Ability: Simple
Gallade: Ability: Steadfast
Other: Jason just came back from Sinnoh, and Alyssa is his girlfriend.

Name: Alyssa Seaboard
Sexuality: Straight but Taken
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 129
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Other Appearance Details: Alyssa has a scar on her left leg from a burn mark left by a wild Cinderace that was wandering about Sinnoh.
Personality: Alyssa is a quiet individual, with a sense of humor and sarcasm when she does talk. She is also as shy as Jason, with the same caring.
Family: Bart Seaboard (Father), Juliana Elm-Seaboard (Mother), Keith Seaboard (Older Brother)
Crush: Jason Argentston
Pokemon:
Emboar: Ability: Blaze
Dragonite: Ability: Multiscale
Banette: Ability: Cursed Body
Bewear: Ability: Unnerve
Aegislash: Ability: Stance Change
Electivire: Ability: Motor Drive
Other: Just got back from Sinnoh, Jason's Girlfriend.

Name: Emma Argentston
Sexuality: Undecided
Height: 4'9"
Weight: 72
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Green
Other appearance Details: None
Personality: Emma is a wild child, curious and mischievous, she will butt heads with anyone when they annoy her enough.
Family: James Argentston (Triplet Brother), Laura Argentston (Triplet Sister), Emma Argentston (Younger Sister), Firey Argentston (Father), Ariana Montgomery-Argentston (Mother), Lana Montgomery-Oak (Aunt), Johann Oak (Uncle), Samuel "Rusty" Montgomery (Uncle, Deceased)
Pokemon:
Duskull: Ability: Levitate
Crush: Hold on, where's everyone?
Other: Duskull is her starter.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Sorry, I’m maxed out of RPs at the moment... this looks really cool, but right now I’m really stressed with life and all. Maybe if some time opens up I’ll join!

Here is the Team Darkarrows member.

Name: Kage (Unknown Last Name)
Age: 13 (Dang, these Team Darkarrows members are young.)
Sexuality: Straight
Height: 5'7" (He's tall, I know. Too tall?)
Weight: 110 lbs (Too light or heavy? I dunno.)
Eye Color: Red
Hair Color: Jet Black
Other Appearance Details: His hair is swift and spiky. (Not like a stupid rock star by the way.) His hair also has a red streak down the middle. When not in the 'Base Of Operations' that Team Darkarrows has, he often wears a red bandanna. (Assuming they have one anyways. I Might expand this part if I think of any cool details.)
Rank: Admin (Upper Half. He also has more power than the other upper and lower admins, due to being the “Right Hand” of Donovan, the High Admin.He does NOT have more power than Donovan, however.)
Personality: He is usually calm and cold when on 'missions' with Team Darkarrows. Although, he still has that childish energy, which shows when he interacts with other members of Team Darkarrows. As previously mentioned, when interacting with his pals at Team Darkarrows, he is much friendly friendlier and energetic, and messes around a lot. He is likely so friendly with the members of Team Darkarrows because he lost a friend of his long ago, and he doesn't want to lose anyone else, so he hangs on to them as sort of an emotional crutch. And, if he does lose them, at least they know he's cares about them as good friends. He is also very intelligent. [He is a bad guy, but that does not make him a bad guy. (I wonder if you know that reference.) I'm not sure I worded this part exactly right, but I tried. My brain is complicated, and it's hard to put what it comes up with into words. This part might be expanded for Character Development. Or simply because I come up with something to add.)
Family: He has two brothers and parents, obviously. (Parents have died. The brothers have almost no chance of appearing in roleplay.)
Crush: None at the moment.
Pokemon: (All are male.)
Salamence: Ability is Moxie. (He is Dark's main.)
Incineroar: Ability is Blaze.
Gengar: Ability is Cursed Body.
Metagross: Ability is Clear Body.
Tyranitar: Ability is Sand Stream.
Gyarados: Ability is Moxie.

Other: He has isolophobia.

Alright, that's it. Also, tell me if you have any thoughts, even if they're negative. I don't mind constructive criticism. Also, if I made any error at all, please inform me.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Question: Do they have to have only six pokemon? Can they have more?
I'll fix whatever I did wrong.
Name: Ben (Unknown)
Height: 5'9
Weight: 108 Lb
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: black
Other Appearance details: Wears a blue hoodie, red undershirt, jeans, sneakers, red goggles and a yellow scarf. Also carries a stylus
Personality: Kind and caring to a fault, Ben will try to help every and anyone. He's capable in battle, and is surprisingly intelligent, at least pokemon-wise.He has some decent coordination when focused, and has dabbled in martial arts by training with Bea, a galar gym leader. He's pretty optimistic and like to crack jokes often. Despite his intelligence, he can be very dense and can't really take a hint unless said aloud. He's clumsy whenever unfocused, which is often. He can be very sarcastic and snarky when in a bad mood, usually because of cold or if he just doesn't like the person.
Family: He has a mother back in kanto.
Crush: None yet
Pokemon:
Lucario Ability: Justified
Golurk: Ability: Iron fist
Ampharos: Ability: Static
Mudsdale: Ability: Stamina
Weavile: Ability: Pressure
Cinderace Ability: Blaze

Other:

I haven’t joined a Pokémon RP in a while, and this one seems pretty interesting so I’ll bite.

Name: James Elliot
Height: 5’9
Weight: 127lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Black
Other Appearance details: Wears a black zip up jacket over a white shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.
Personality: James is lazy, to say the least, he doesn’t really like responsibility and it usually takes him forever to do things. Other than that, he enjoys being in the company of others and prefers to travel with people when making long journeys.
Family: He lives with his dad in Sootopolis City.
Crush: No one yet
Pokemon:
Gengar: Cursed Body
Golisopod: Emergency Exit
Exploud: Soundproof
Pangoro: Iron Fist
Aegislash: Stance Change
Larvesta: Flame Body

Neat! Wait, according to the ranking, if I'm understanding, Donovan is the right hand of the leader, and Kage is the right hand of Donovan. Wouldn't that make Kage third in command? Not bad. Also, any idea when the role-play thread will be up? I'm real excited for this role-play.

Can I make an upper admin? Personality; he'd be a lazy upper admin ,but his superiors tolerate him because when he actually does put it work hes actually a very smart strategic individual.

Name: Chrom Silva
Sexuality: straight
Height: 5'11 ft.
Weight:185
Eye Color: dull purple
Hair Color: silver
Other Appearance details: Chrom has long unkept hair that goes down to his collar. His bangs are combed back with the rest of his hair. Though sometimes he just messily combs it out of his face to the right. He always has heavy eye bags, and a worn frown on his face even when he is excited. When he does smile its usually a very creepy sadistic like grin. He has a long scar vertically across the left side of his jawline. Hes very pale ,but surprisingly muscular for someone who rarely gets out.

Outfit: he wears a grey button up t-shirt, with a gun holster across his chest(no gun; he does keep a camera in the holster though), he usually wears dress pants but when hes really lazy he might wear sweat pants, mismatching socks because he doesn't care about having matching socks ,black dress shoes or occasionally sandals when he wears sweat pants, and he has a trench coat with the team logo on the shoulder.

Personality: Chrom is lazy plain and simple. Hes a man of simple desire. He likes to do what he pleases. While most of his hobbies aren't illegal he sees the law as petty and unnecessary. Most of the time he just wants to snap pictures and sleep under a shade tree or wherever he can lay his head. Hes a fairly nice laid back person but rarely shows emotion or concern as he usually can't be bothered to care. He can also be quite the smartalic which he often is more often than not. His actions can lead people to believe he is cold and uncaring ,but that couldn't be further from the truth as he does have a compassion side.
Family: (unknown: he has a father, a grandma ,and two brothers)
Crush: (unknown)
Pokemon:

Scizor(Hasami - Derived from Japanese for; Sciccors / はさみ / Hasami) ability: Swarm.
Drapion(Oni - derived from Japanese word meaning; Ogre / 鬼 / Oni) ability: battle armor.
Beedrill(Kira - Japanese word meaning; Killer / キラー / Kirā) ability: sniper.
Armaldo(Yori - derived from Japanese word meaning; armor / 鎧/ Yoroi) ability battle armor.
Araquanid(Ro - Japanese word meaning; Dew / 露 / Ro) ability: water bubble.
Ariados(Doku - Japanese word meaning; poison / 毒 / Doku) ability: insomnia.

Other: Chrom initially joined the Darkarrows as a grunt with his childhood friend(unknown) however after a falling out with his friend he doesn't know what happened to his friend. Because he was competent in his field he quickly rose through the ranks. Though some of his underlings may resent him for being able to get away with such lazy behavior he isn't questioned on his skills as an accomplished admin.
He enjoys saying "Don't bug me" or "bug off"

Last edited:
You don't mind if Chrom(my character) Is at the same level as yours do you? Since they are the same rank(high admin). I hope this doesn't bother you.
I mean, Kage would not have a problem with treating Chrom as an equal. He’s very friendly with his fellow Team Darkarrows members. But, in my opinion, when it comes to pure power and hierarchy, I think Kage would be slightly higher, due to the fact he is the personal right hand guy of Donovan, the High Admin, and Donovan is the right hand guy of the Leader, which makes Kage third in command.

Yeah but personal right hand could simply mean favorite or preferred. It doesn't necessarily have to mean stronger? That doesn't bother you does it? At least I hope not.
That would be a valid argument, but, earlier, I made a comment saying that Kage was third in command, and @Cmeriwether didn’t argue nor deny the fact that this was true. I take that as confirmation.

Kage is third in command for his branch, which is under Donovan, and Chrom would be the other half of the team, Chrom's right hand would be third in command for that branch. Otherwise, @ThAtGuY101 accepted, and the link to the RP is in post 23, in the word Link.

Different areas of Hoenn, and a couple serve different purposes, and Kage is in the Littleroot area, which covers Littleroot and Oldale, alongside Petalburg, and Rustboro. Chrom is the same rank as Donovan, not Kage, which make him second tor his branch.

Different areas of Hoenn, and a couple serve different purposes, and Kage is in the Littleroot area, which covers Littleroot and Oldale, alongside Petalburg, and Rustboro. Chrom is the same rank as Donovan, not Kage, which make him second tor his branch.
Alright. Also, why is Chrom second in command? Wouldn’t he need to be a high admin, if I’m understanding correctly.