• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Highschool Rivalry! Magic and Superpowers! (rp)

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Hello! We at Ilvermorny School of Magic and Creatures are inviting you to join our school to learn more of your powers, otherwise known as magic. Your magic is not a curse but a blessing that can be used to do some good around the world. We will help you learn what your powers can do and what they can be used for.
If you accept this invite you join us in class for the next eight years, we expect to see you at May 1st
For you vampires that already know of your powers, we also invite you to better learn your magic and how to controll it.

List of what you need for the school year
Six plain black robes
Six plain black pant
Six white dress shirts
Two pairs of black dress shoes
For all of the first years books will be provided in your classes, and your magic will be measured and we will find a fitting match for you to control your powers better.

Levels of magic
Nill. Can use magic but only for simple things
Biju. Magic can be used for some more advanced things such as simple fighting
Kolme. Your magic is more advanced and can be used for things like change object masses
Novem. Your raw magic can be used for example flying
You can also raise your magic to get in a new level of magic but that need hard work and is hard to achieve

Hello! We at the Institute of Superpowers are inviting you to join our school to learn more about your powers, otherwise known as Superpowers. Your power is not a curse but a blessing that can be used to do some good around the world.
We will help you learn what your powers can do and what they can be used for.
If you accept this invite you join us in class for the next eight years, we expect to see you at May 1st
For you werewolves that already know of your powers, we also invite you to better learn your power and how to control it.

The dresscode for the school is quite basic. You will need some a costume that will work with your power. Bright and outstanding colors are forbidden however.

JOIN HERE https://pokecharms.com/threads/highschool-rivalry-magic-and-superpowers.20661/

Here is my post

James was standing outside his school under a roof to not get any sunlight on his body. He was waiting for his girlfriend. Damn that was a new term he thought he would never use in his whole life... Girlfriend. HIS girlfriend, his cute little Skylar. "*sigh* can she hurry up. I've been waiting out for 30 minutes now.. Well I suppose it is my fault for coming to school earlier then needed to be here" James thought to himself. He had been at the school for nearly 2 hours now... Why was he so stupid sometimes?

Last edited:
Isak was preparing for the first day of the school year. He lived near it as his mother was the principal of the Institute of Superpowers. He felt proud that his mother had gotten that position. But he thought it was an insult to his race that they had to go to a school for superpowers because of their damn rivalry with vampires. His race had nothing to do with superpowers! Werewolves shapeshift using magic, not superpowers. He understood the reason they were kept apart though. No one wanted another war between the races. He shrugged his shoulders and just went along with it. Not like it mattered a lot. They learnt everything they needed no matter which school they went to. It was just his opinion.

He waited for the school to open before he went in and headed to the auditorium. A new year meant new students. And as the principal's son, he was expected to help them even though he hated it. It had been the same thing the year before too. And the year before that, even though he was a first grader that year. It was a pain being the son of a principal. He couldn't do as many pranks as he wanted to. But he was sure to make them when he got the chance. There was one good side to it. Which was that almost everyone did what you wanted (though he prefferred being with those who didn't alwys do what he said because he felt more like he was treated as the one he was instead of the principal's son). He sat down in the auditorium and waited for his mother's explanation of what the first year's would learn at the school to begin and finish.

Liam was running to the school, mentally cursing himself. "Of all the days to sleep in, it had to be today! The first day! I hope I don't miss anything!" He lived about two blocks away from the school, so was able to get there in a decent amount of time.

He ran into the auditorium, sighing as he sat down. "That was one of the most tiring things of my life...." He thought, listening to whatever the person was talking about.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Z moved towards Ilvermorny, grinning. He stretched his wings out, careful not to knock the backpack he had been carrying around. "And so it begins.." He mumbled to himself, keeping quiet as he moved down the path towards the School. His eyes lit up for one second, a faint green appearing in them, which twisted to a red, then purple, and then back to white. Approaching the School Grounds, he went to stand under the roof of the school, near a student who he assumed to be a vampire. Z looked at the Student, examining his Tension. He moved to the Student, his grin fading into the same apathetic face he always had on.
"First day of school's always a handful, isn't it?" Z uttered, looking at the Student with his blank, white eyes.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James looked up to see an older student talk to him. He look in to the white eyes and raised an eyebrow but otherwise kept an emotionless face. "You are a brave one are you? Not many non-vampires dare talk with one, especially the son of Count Dracula the principal of the school?" James then looked at the wing on his back and then back to his eyes. "So, is there something I can do for you mr what?" James asked with an emotionless voice.

DevVoid

" Oh, nothing much, really. You seem kinda tense here, which seemed odd to me. " Z answered, crossing his arms. He didn't think anything special of the Student, despite being revealed that he is the son of the Principle. He settled everyone on his level, and only put them below him when they messed up something that he doesn't agree with.

"But really, talking to vampires shouldn't be anything special, after all.." Z grinned, showing his many teeth in a crooked smile and his eyesockets widening. "No matter who or what we are.. we're all monsters in here. ..but nevertheless." Z shook off the smile, turning his face back into the usual. " Mind if I ask what's getting you so stressed? "

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James laughed in his head. Who does this guy think he is? Completely ignoring his question. "I am not stressed Mr. Demon. But if you really must know I am waiting for my girlfriend." James said still in his emotionless voice but when he said Demon he hissed it out showing his teeth.

DevVoid

"Oh, I see.. you have fun waiting, then, 'Mr. Dracula'." Z said with a snarky remark, smirking. He flapped his wings once more before turning around and walking off into the School. 'Good to see the Vampires haven't lost one bit of ego yet.' Z thought, walking through the halls of the School. Reaching his locker, he removed his backpack as he opened it, and was busy swapping inbetween books, pens, and other school equipment. In the end, he decided to just take it all with him and closed his locker, leaving it empty. He walked over to a Water Cooler in the hall, carrying the backpack over his shoulder. He filled himself a cup and leaned against the wall, waiting so that he can go to class on time.

Last edited:
Skylar strolled up to the school and saw James sitting waiting for her. She also noticed another student walked away. She teleported behind James and leaned her arms on his shoulders. “Hi, James!” She chuckled, looking down at him. “How long have you been waiting? You look so bored!” She asked, shrugging off that she probably came too late.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James looked at the new person who had appeared. "Ive been here for some time but that is mostly my fault. I came early." James then looked her in the eyes. "How have you been? It's been forever and yes forever is a day for me being without you." James said looking her in the eyes with a big grin on his face.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lorenzo woke up with a start, he glanced at his clock "damn I'm going to be late", he leapt out of bed, grabbed his things and then he teleported in a small blue flash, leaving a blueish smoke in his room. He appeared in another small flash next to James and Skylar, as a small amount of the blue smoke trailed from behind him he noticed the two, "oh sorry, didn't mean to teleport right next to you" he looked at the two before saying "oh and I'm Lorenzo and who might you two be?" he asked.

Dante, a quiet person on most days, was sitting in the auditorium. Nobody really noticed him, it was kind of his thing really. He never considered himself the type of person to make conversation, he preferred to stand by and observe and watch. He saw the other students getting to know each other and sitting with one another and wondered what compelled people to strike up conversations out of the blue like that. Why didn't they just sit down and mind their business? He simply shook his head and let out a sigh.

Last edited:
Skylar smiled and sat down next to James, "I'm all good- wah!" She flailed back, surprised to see a student pop up beside them. Skylar quickly sat back up again and dusted herself off, "Hey, Lorenzo!" She chuckled, "Sorry about.. that.. anyway, I'm Skylar, it's great to meet you!" She turned back to James and with her telepathy she responded to him, "You too, I missed you." She flashed a smile back at Lorenzo, "And by the way, we can both teleport, that's pretty cool, I think!"

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James looked up at the new arrival not really surprised by him re-appearing because of his girlfriend. "How goes thee, I am James Dracula son of the Count Dracula. I am pleased to make you acquaintance." James said as politely as he could. "I've missed you more babe!" James answered back to Skylar via the telepathy.

Tel watched Dante from the other side of the room. As an antisocial person himself, he had always had the belief that those who socialize are held back, weaker and dumber. He had also always wondered what made him and other introverts different, why they didn’t socialize. So, he took a special interest when he saw others like him, who just sat and minded their own business. He had warped the space around him so that nobody (unless they had a very keen sense of observation and could spot the smallest most minute differences in the space around him) would be able to see him. It was one of the few abilities from his power he had learned to control over the years, and he was quite proud of it.

As students were still getting settled, Dante continued looking around. He was surprised to see another kid sitting alone and minding his business. "At least there is one other person here that decided to keep to themself." He thought this to himself when he noticed that the other kid was looking back at him. Dante simply rolled his eyes and stayed where he was awaiting the show that was soon to begin.

DevVoid

Being sick of waiting in the hall, Zynthos moved into the Auditorium, plastic cup in hand. Having arrived he looked around, seeing if any empty tables are still available. Spotting a few, Z decided to sit down by table near someone else sitting by themselves at another table. He took out his notebook and some pencils from his bag, and began taking notes in it. He was thinking about jokes, but as he currently couldn't think of any with all the noise, he instead checked what he wrote down for homework, only to realize that on the previous last day of school, there was none given. Finally, he just begins drawing a crude image of a village being pillaged and burned.

Isak heard his mom finishing her speech and stood up to prepare for taking the first years to their classroom. He put on his friendliest face possible which was hard for him to do but he succeeded, though you could probably tell that he didn't want to do this. His face said welcome but there was a hint in his eyes that said: "get out of my sight".
"And now, all first years should follow my son over there to their homeroom. Any further questions can be answered by my son" his mother, the principal said and packed up as the first years, mostly anxiously, began walking towards Isak.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lorenzo looked at the two before saying, "Hi Skylar, yeah it is pretty cool that we both teleport." He then turned to James, "so your the son of Dracula, does that come with perks" he glanced around quickly looking around. He turned back "Well I know one if Skylar's powers, tell me one of yours James, please."

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
James chuckled. He wanted to know one of his powers? Then he'll make it a show. James then lifted his hand and picked Lorenzo up with an invincible force and spun him around but not to much to make him dizzy. He then put him back down on his feet agian. "There you are mr... sorry I didn't catch you last name. Is it okay if call you Lorenzo?" James asked in the usual emotionless voice. "Also yes being father's son doe have it's perks. Being the leader of the school council even though I am to young to be there" James answered "But I make sure not to abuse the position I am in. I may be a bit cocky but that's why I am sure of what I can do but I am not arrogant" James added rather quickly after his last comment.

Last edited:
Skylar smiled, “Pretty cool, right?” She asked Lorenzo is response to James’ showcase of his powers. She got up and opened the doors to the school, “We should probably get in there, we’ve been out her for a while already.” She gestured the two boys in, “Before we’re late, come on!” She quickly flashed James a smile, “Sorry to stop your showcase there!

(This sort of text will mean in telepathy)

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lorenzo smiled, "woah, that was pretty cool" he turned to Skylar "oh yeah sounds good see you guys in there he walked to the classroom deciding not to teleport, he reached the door and claimed a seat by throwing his bag at a chair it hit with such accuracy that the handles went over the top of the chair and the bag rested on the back of the chair. He then teleported into his seat.

"More students?" Dante thought. "When is this going to start?" He watched as a kid managed to perfectly sling his bag over a chair from across the room. "Odd." He thought. It almost seems like this kid had imsane accuracy. He watched as the two other students, a couple perhaps, got themselves settled.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
"That's fine babe" James replied back to Skylar. He then looked at his clock and saw the time "shit, I need to run for my dads office or I'm gonna be late. See ya soon boo" James then kissed Skylars forhead and turned in to his bat form. It was a quicker way to move around faster. He reached his fathers office and saw that his father was also late. "Typical. If I am late he rains down hell on me but if he is late he just thinks nothing of it or blames me somehow" James thought to himself.

Skylar waved as James flew away, “See you later, boo..”. She thought to him, smiling to herself. She followed Lorenzo into the auditorium and sat next to him, “Hey, again!” She said, “I think we have lessons after this or something, did you bring all your stuff?” She also thought to James, “How’s it going in there?

Stalking dangerously around school grounds, Sirius was looking less like a student and more like a homeless squatter. Her wild hair was frizzed in all directions, as it usually was, and she was not exactly attired for a day of classes. She wasn't dressed indecently or anything -she did have her uniform on- but the most accurate description of her state would be 'mostly' dressed. She wore her blouse and a fresh new skirt -thank god it had been changed, dress pants were so much more restricting to her legs, and didn't fit her when she transformed into a wolf- but below her skirt was nothing. (No, not that below the skirt you perv!)

Without socks, stockings or shoes, she strutted along barefooted. It wasn't that she lacked these items, it was instead that both her shoes and her stockings were currently thrown over her left shoulder, dangling idly from her left hand. In her right hand was her bag, filled with a few subjects for the day, and on her face was a scowl.

The new school year came with new scenes, hundreds of new students strutting all over the place -and some of them had clearly skipped a morning bath. Her nose crinkled in distaste. Most irritating at all was the smell of the Dracula-impersonators -disgusting.

With a slightly more over the top sigh than he had hoped for, Dante began wondering when this whole thing would start to kick off. The teacher had seemed to be a bit.... dramatic and unfocussed for his liking. He wanted to get out and stretch his legs a bit and startes to feel a little anxious as he began bouncing his right leg up and down frantically.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
"My old man is laaa... Never mind he is here now." James answered Skylar back. They just looked at each other and then nodded. They were not on bad terms they just knew each other so well they could understand the other by looking them in the eye. James then smiled "ready to finally get this over and done with babe?" James asked Skylar.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Xavier was walked along the school grounds without a care in the world. He was just walking around because he was supposed to be in school, but he didn't feel like doing anything. Eventually he came across a familiar face leading the first graders to their homeroom.

"Heh, must suck. Welp, have fun," he said while waving at Isak before going past him. Once more he saw a familiar face, but this time something else was more notable. Xavier looked down and sighed.

What does she have against shoes...

"Hey, Sirius. Do you know where homeroom is? I kinda forgot."

If I didn't remember how could she? Well... there's always a chance I guess.

"You...were thinking something quite rude...weren't you..?"

Sirius raised her shoes, as if to deliver an all-too-satisfying 'thwap'. Her senses were sharp, impeccably so. The flecks of doubt that seasoned Xavier's face, she could see —nay smell—nai, taste every little speck. Her twins tails swished decisively, and Sirius lowered her shoes. She pointed towards a room on the second floor of the school building, still a distance away from the duo. "That's our homeroom." —it wasn't, but Xaiver didn't need to know that.

She grinned sweetly —if such a bestial fang-filled grin could be considered sweet— and offered innocently —if the apparent malevolence in her voice could be considered innocent— "I can throw you up there if you'd like?"

"You have no idea how hard it is. Sometimes i hate being the son of the principal..." Isak said to Xavier, partly to complain about exactly that and partly just to show off. Most of the first years heard that and got anxious. As if they had to think about how they were behaving around him. Which was pretty normal. Most students on this school were like that. Even a few students from the rivaling school were wary of him. He just found it silly though. He looked at where the girl, Sirius, was pointing and knew instantly that she was messing with Xavier. He supressed a grin, agreed with Sirius to confirm that it was true and decided to subtly hurry away from the two so that he could explain to the new students that that wasn't their homeroom. That was a random classroom which wasn't supposed to have any classes right now. Xavier wouldn't get into trouble by going there but it would definitely be annoying to go there just to find that he'd gone there for nothing. He could get in trouble for coming late though and Isak really enjoyed messing with people like that. The first years gave a few nervous grins except for a few that thought that it was mean but no one did anything to stop it.

Skylar chuckled to herself, “Ready as I’ll ever be..” She thought, then sat back for the talks from the teachers. “This is boring, isn’t it?” She asked Lorenzo, sighing. “You excited to get back to classes?”

(@Shadow_Pup can you reply to my last post and this, ples? :D)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Xavier didn't change his expression from when Sirius read his thoughts, at least that's how he saw it, but inside he did feel somewhat disturbed.

There's a good chance she's lying... meh what's the worst that could happen.

"Thanks for the info. Though it's interesting you'd help me and offer to give a boost after you said you thought I was thinking about something rude about you. Though I guess I should reward you for all that thinking, catching my train of thought? Nonetheless after thinking about it since it seems you've thought that you would enjoy throwing me, I think I'll allow you to do so."

I wonder what she thinks about me thinking and saying words related to thinking so much.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lorenzo turned to Skylar "uh, yeah I've got all my stuff, and hey lessons aren't gonna be too bad, there just lesson's after all", he said this then grabbed a ball of paper from his pocket and threw it with out looking, he had originally planned for it to sail into the bin but he hadn't seen Dracula walking nearby and his power locked onto him instead, hitting him in the back of the head. (this is @Joelkjn's OC's dad by the way.)

On the path leading up to the school, Kevin had been phasing in and out of view using his Shadow Step ability with his hands in his pockets as he made his way to school and towards homeroom. On his way there, he encountered a few fellow students, Sirius and Xavier. He arrived about when their conversation started and unintentionally eavesdropped on them. "Well, Xavier definitely got himself into some trouble." He thought as he listened to the first part of their conversation where Xavier asked about where homeroom was and Sirius feeding him false information. He then got to the part where Xavier agreed to being thrown after babbling for a while, clearly not understanding the hostile intention in Sirius's words. This made Kevin question what was Xavier's train of thoughts. With his Shadow Step wearing off, Kevin found himself rephrasing into existence now walking alongside Sirius and Xavier. He pulled one of his hands out his pocket and raised it up for a casual wave. "Yo."

Skylar flinched when the paper hit Dracula, "L-Lorenzo.." She whispered, "You really need to watch out.." She quickly thought to James, "Your dad just got hit with a paper ball by Lorenzo, I hope he's not in a bad mood.." She smirked, "Maybe it will be lesson time and you'll get to run off!" She then looked at the clock, and it really wasn't time yet, "Nevermind.." She sighed.

After watching the paper bounce off of Dracula, Dante held back a laugh. He smirked a little to try and help control himself. "What will happen next?" The most logical out come is Dracula will brush it off and not make much of it, maybe give an intense glare to the culprit as a warning since he doesn't seem like the type to make a scene.

Hmm, maybe she should've just beaten him after all. In fact —swoosh!

Her shoes went flying through the air —and straight at Xavier's face— as the were-girl bristled with irritation. 'Reward her'? Had this guy lost his marbles?

She had half-a-mind to throw him anyway, just to stick the point that his permission was merely a decoration. However, before she could act on any of her more aggressive intentions, Kevin made his presence known. His appearance was exactly surprising, but rather a bit unexpected. The end result, Sirius flinched, swiveling around and redirecting her dissatisfaction at the shadow dweller.

Isak finished showing the first years around with showing them their homeroom. The dorms had already been shown to them and they had left their belongings in there.
"Now i'm leaving you. Your class should start around 11 p.m. and you're free to do whatever you feel like until then. Get aqquainted with each other or something. I don't need to care anymore" he told them and left them there.

He decided to go back to his classmates down at the school gates and see so that there wouldn't be too much trouble down there. Sirius had a little angry tone to her earlier and if she got that angry by that little, he should make sure things were going well. He personally didn't want to stop a fight (in fact, he would probably film it), but he would make sure things didn't go too far

Skylar saw Dante looking at Dracula, who'd just been hit with paper, and gave him a small wave and whispered over to him, "It should be fine, I know Dracula's son, he's even my boyfriend!" She smiled again, "I'm sure he won't want his own students in trouble already."

Scarlett strolled up to the school in her wolf form and up to the gates where she stopped to place down a small backpack she had to carry in her mouth. She changed back and pulled out a left over slice of pizza which she heated up with a small flame from her hand. She quickly munched it up and looked around, spotting a group of students at the other end of the gates. She saw the shoes being thrown and found herself laughing where she stood.