• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Highschool Rivalry! Magic and Superpowers!

Is this okay.. or what?
Name (First and Last): Scarlett Dowry

Appearance: Bright red hair (she dyed it), a black top with the short sleeves going from her shoulders, a short, red skirt and black heels. Sometimes she wears a short denim jacket.

School: Institute of Superpowers

Superpowers: Pyrokinesis, Energy Fields

Personality: She’s a trickster and likes to use her powers to scare people. She laughs quite a lot, often with other people’s failures or mistakes, and doesn’t like listening to orders. She likes doing her own thing and can sometimes warm up to people if they are the right friend for her.

Vampire (Ilvermorny): /
Werewolf (institute): Yup

wolf_anholt1403-kira-02_20170129_1068445144.jpg

Name: Kevin Briggs

Appearance: Kevin is very tall with a fit physique and has light brown hair that goes to his neck with the bangs wept above his right eye who are dark brown.

School: Institute

Magicpowers:
Magic level:
Superpowers
: Pump up and Shadow step: Pump allows Kevin's physical abilities the more he gets warmed up, Shadow step allows Kevin to disappear and become intangible for a short period of time

Personality: On the outside, looks like an intimidating individual, but he's actually a kind guy once you get to know him. He also has a mischievous side but won't actively play tricks himself, he'll just laugh along when tricks are being played on others. Doesn't really care what others think of him as he is pretty carefree and laidback.

Backstory (optional): TBD

Vampire (Ilvermorny):
Werewolf (institute)
: Yes

Relationship: TBD

Other: MJAOW :)
Name: Xavier Noirwoods
Appearance: Xavier has black hair and eyes and wears a gray sweater. His jeans and shoes are black and he's very pale.
School: Institute of Superpowers
Superpowers: Darkness control, he can make items out of his shadows and limbs and can move through shadows. In dark places he also has this power so he's strongest during the night.
Personality: Xavier isn't very enthusiastic about most things and doesn't really enjoy using his power unless it's for self-defense. He's relatively friendly and won't deny a fight if someone else initiates it, but he also knows when to toughen up. Will stick up for his friends.
Other: MJAOW also he's a hooman
Both accepted

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Indeed so. It all depends on how quick they can react to a laser beam projectile coming at them.
OK, thanks for clarification. It seemed like he just looks at someone and they're either hurt or petrified and they couldn't do anything to stop it, though I should've assumed that wasn't the case xD

You could either show the first years around or you could go to homeroom. I remembered just a little while ago that we totally forgot to figure out what classes we should have. I've tried talking to @Joelkjn about it but he won't reply (he's probably asleep right now). I think we should have normal classes and PE will be about our powers (both theoretical and practical). But i would certainly appreciate suggestions on what lessons we could have

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
You could either show the first years around or you could go to homeroom. I remembered just a little while ago that we totally forgot to figure out what classes we should have. I've tried talking to @Joelkjn about it but he won't reply (he's probably asleep right now). I think we should have normal classes and PE will be about our powers (both theoretical and practical). But i would certainly appreciate suggestions on what lessons we could have
I mean, for the Ilvermony school I think you can just use the Harry Potter classes

I thought she was more of the rowdy girl than sadistic xD
Depends on the Moon really, and more feral than Sadistic. She'll probably, 99% chance, try to bite her opponents and draw blood.

That's her feral aggressive side though. If it gets closer to the new moon then she'll be pretty peace-loving and even avoid fights entirely.

Attempted murders for everyone as soon as we hit the Waxing Gibbous phase xD

By the full moon she'll just straight up attack anything in sight.

Speaking of that, what phase of the moon is it now?
I would like to match it with Sirius behaviour right now (because i find this interesting and want to see how her behaviour develops xD) and say that we might be around halfway to the full moon if that's how you pictured the pace of her change in behaviour.

I would also like to match it a little with real life but that won't work at all due to the pace the RP is in now.

@Joelkjn what do you think?

I would like to match it with Sirius behaviour right now (because i find this interesting and want to see how her behaviour develops xD) and say that we might be around halfway to the full moon if that's how you pictured the pace of her change in behaviour.

I would also like to match it a little with real life but that won't work at all due to the pace the RP is in now.

@Joelkjn what do you think?

https://www.almanac.com/astronomy/moon/calendar (Moon Phase Calendar | What is the Moon Phase Today?)

The Full Moon is the 20th to 21st according to this though.

So we'd be a week away.
It'd be pretty hard to match it to real life because we don't change dates as fast in the Rp.
They can be put down though. But i don't know that mrthod would work against a magical creature xD
I think they'll be too busy with all the other rampaging werewolves to put down Sirius lol

Not legally but there’s probably at least medication to control themselves and if they don’t take it then it could be illegal
Forced consumption of drugs? That method definitely isn't legal xD

Any measures in place to control their rampages would be up to the institution they're based at. So if Sirius rampages and hurts people then the school probably takes the blame for not having adequate measures in place. The school would need to think of some way to deal with the rampages.

https://www.almanac.com/astronomy/moon/calendar (Moon Phase Calendar | What is the Moon Phase Today?)

The Full Moon is the 20th to 21st according to this though.

So we'd be a week away.
It'd be pretty hard to match it to real life because we don't change dates as fast in the Rp.

I think they'll be too busy with all the other rampaging werewolves to put down Sirius lol
Yeah. Like i said. It doesn't fit well with the pacing of the RP.

Maybe. But they'd probably go after the most troublemaking one's first. As far as i know, Sirius will probably be one of those werewolves that cause most trouble. Some werewolves will be less willing to attack a human because they might be too small to engage a human or that's just how their nature is. Not all wolves are the same.
Yea, but they probably involve immunity for werewolves since they can't help themselves on the Full Moon.

It'd fall under the clause of 'not being in their right mind', so they couldn't be legally tried and convicted.
Since their magical creatures, magic is the best thing to use in order to restrain them. And therefore vampires could be deployed to deal with them. Which would just deepen the hatred between the races

Forced consumption of drugs? That method definitely isn't legal xD

Any measures in place to control their rampages would be up to the institution they're based at. So if Sirius rampages and hurts people then the school probably takes the blame for not having adequate measures in place. The school would need to think of some way to deal with the rampages.
Due to the fact that the principal is a werewolf herself, she probably knows how things can go. And therefore she can take action based on the danger of the situation.