• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join High School RP

Dylan smiled as he heard Lis's compliment and chuckled. He soon finished up the piece and nodded to her, getting up from the bench and motioning for her to sit down. "By all means, go ahead." He was quite fascinated to see where his piano skills placed in comparison to those of Lis, and he also was eager to hear what she would play. Dylan smiled warmly as he glanced at her, still thinking about what he had felt for her. Surely, his handling of the situation was the right move, right? He hoped so.

Lis sat herself down on the glossy wooden bench, but not before cracking her knuckles. “By no means have I spent a lot of time playing piano, so it’s literally impossible for my ability to sound like yours,” she murmured, placing her fingers on the correct keys. Softly, she began playing Victor’s solo from Lis’ favorite childhood movie, The Corpse Bride. As she started, she realized that Dylan probably thought the song choice was childish. Nonetheless, she persisted with the minor song, crescendoing and diminuendoing at the appropriate times.

Though she hadn’t practiced the particular song in quite a long time, Lis managed to make it sound rather sad, yet lovely and pleasing to the ear.

Dylan listened intently to the piece Lis had begun to play. It wasn't a melody he recognized, but it sounded... rather nice. Dylan's piano practice usually consisted of playing classical repertoire from Chopin or Mozart, so listening to something like this, as unusual as it may have been, was a nice change of pace. He smiled and watched Lis's fingers dance across the keys before saying, "That sounds really good. How long have you been practicing?"

She finished the song with the last final keys. “Eh... not very long. I started playing piano only a few years ago. I haven’t actually played in awhile though,” Lis admitted. The teenager put her hands down on the bench, leaning back a bit to stretch. She glanced outside before standing up and stepping over the bench. “If you want, we can do something else. Or, we can keep playing. I don’t mind either option,” Lis said, curiosity flickering in her pale eyes. Hastily, she studied Dylan’s features a bit more. Her heart occasionally raced and skipped a beat as she did so, until she directed her gaze outside to distract herself.

Dylan chuckled as he watched Lis get up from the piano bench. "That makes the two of us." He then heard her next remark and shrugged with a smile. "It's totally up to you. I'm fine with anything." He occasionally caught Lis sneaking a few glances his way before hastily breaking eye contact and looking outside. That elicited some thought from Dylan. Maybe... the feeling was mutual? No, there was no way. It was way too early.

Lis pondered for a second. “Oh, we both had auditions, right? How about we play our pieces,” the girl suggested, and sat back down. “Let’s save the best for last,” she added quietly, implying that he was far better at music than she. Still, she closed her eyes and took in a breath before softly pressing the keys. As it was her audition piece, she would have to sing to the song she’d chosen. She was a bit nervous, but decided, I can trust him. I’ll have to do this in front of others, besides. Lis played the song smoothly, and before she knew it, she began to sing with the melody. Occasionally, she’d open her eyes to check that her fingers weren’t messing up, but she ended up closing them again, getting swept away by the words.

The last words were sung, and the song came to an end. Lis found herself staring at the keys, even after she finished. Realizing she was spacing out, she stood up quickly and smiled, a bit embarrassed. “Ah.. sorry. You don’t have to play your piece if you really don’t want to. I just couldn’t think of something else,” the girl apologized and admitted. Her gaze traveled to the floor as her cheeks flushed.

Dylan chuckled and listened as Lis played a tune he knew all too well: Hikaru Nara by Goose house. It was a song he enjoyed, and it filled his mind with warmth as he listened. He heard Lis sing the lyrics, and he smiled warmly before saying after she finished the song, "You have a beautiful singing voice. I'm not surprised you made choir." Dylan heard Lis's next remark and chuckled. "It's okay. Maybe I'll play a song I was working on last time I played, but didn't get to finish. A euphonium sounds far less beautiful than a piano." He laughed softly before sitting on the piano bench and beginning to play once more. Dylan decided to run through his all time favorite soundtrack, Merry-Go-Round of Life from Howl's Moving Castle. It was his favorite piece to play because of its waltz-like style, something he thoroughly enjoyed playing. One of his few wishes in life was to dance to this waltz with someone, and that someone felt... very close.

Lis brushed a loose strand of hair from her view, face ever so rosy as she listened to him play. The song made her want to twirl as she admirably listened to him play. As he finished up, Lis spoke once again. ”Wow... where did you learn to play like that?” she asked with a smile, head tilted. Her eyes held a curious glint, wanting to know more about the boy before her. Truthfully, Lis had a growing feeling that both Dylan and she had a budding interest for each other. However, the teen felt it was to early to flirt, and honestly wanted to befriend him more if anything.

Dylan smiled and stood up after he had finished playing, running a hand through his smooth, black hair. "It was just a lot of practice, back when I had more spare time. My mom signed me up for a lot of lessons, and I took them for about 5 years." He chuckled softly and glanced at Lis, noting the small glimmer in her eyes and the rosy tone in her cheeks. Dylan thought for a bit before asking, "Well, anything else you wanna do? I can't think of anything right now." He wanted to spend more time with Lis and get to know her better, considering she was still the only one he knew was going to Stormridge with him.

Last edited:
Lis glanced outside. The sky was shifting into an orange color, signaling the sun was readying to set. “Ah, maybe you should head home? Not that I don’t enjoy your company - I do. My mother might come home soon, and she’ll probably want to spend the night with me,” she said, a bit down. However, it was true that her mother would like to share the evening with Lis. “I’ll see you soon, anyways,” she added, joking somewhat.

Dylan looked out the window and saw that the sun was beginning to set as dark orange and indigo began to spill into the sky. He chuckled and nodded. "You're probably right. Either way, we'll see each other again in two days. Unless," He said with a joking manner, winking as he did so. "You want to hang out tomorrow as well." He laughed and shook his head. "Just kidding. I mean, if you actually do want to, I'm good with that too." Dylan smiled and headed to the front, slipping on his shoes before he opened the door, breathing in the evening breeze. He turned back to look at Lis, gazing into her eyes as he grinned once more and flashed a thumbs up. "See you soon, Lis!" The teen called out before heading outside and beginning the walk back home. He looked up at the sky and took a deep breath, smiling as he admired the scenery. However, his mind was more focused on the girl he had befriended and spent a lot of time with.

Soon, after a few minutes of walking, Dylan arrived at home, unlocking and opening the door with his house keys. Stepping inside, he greeted his mom and headed up the stairs, washing up and changing into a grey tee and black athletic shorts. Dylan then flopped onto his bed and began scrolling through social media on his laptop, and despite the fact that it was a bit.. creepy, he logged onto Facebook and typed in the name Lis Fifer into the search bar, finding the user with a profile picture that matched Lis's appearance and sending her a friend request. He sighed and leaned back against the wall, his pillow acting as a cushion between his back and the concrete as he continued surfing social media.

Lis waved goodbye as the boy left her house. When he shut the door, she found herself standing there, smiling happily with flushed ears. She sighed and quickly head upstairs, throwing herself on her bed. Her phone was beside her, and she opened it quickly. Deciding to catch up with old friends, she started conversations with them and talked about current events. When a notification from her Facebook alerted her, she tapped on it and smiled at what was before her. She tapped ‘Yes’ to accept the friend request, and quickly went back to texting her friends.

Before she knew it, it was rather late and she was getting more tired by the minute. Lis turned her phone off and got up, head into the bathroom, and began her routine. When she came back to her room, she stripped from her dress and threw on comfier clothing, seeing that her phone lit up once more. It wa she’d mother, telling her that she wouldn’t be home until the next day. Lis frowned slightly, but turned her phone off and slipped into her bed, where she began dozing off.

Dylan was still viewing activity on social media, despite the late night fast approaching. Suddenly, he received a notification on Facebook and immediately clicked on it, smiling as he saw that Lis had accepted his friend request. He yawned and sighed, closing his laptop and setting it down on his nightstand that sat next to the bed. Dylan laid back down, sinking into the mattress as he pulled the covers up to his chin and rested his head on the pillow. He fell asleep quite quickly, his mind on a certain.. someone before he lost consciousness. (Time-skip to the first day of school?)

(Sure. I was waiting for that)

Jake went to bed and tried sleeping. It didn't work out as usual. He stayed awake for pretty long. Eventually he lost patience and grabbed his phone. He began watching animé on it to pass time. When he grew tired of that, he played a game. He knew he usually would grow tired anyway. And when he did, he laid his phone away and went to sleep. It took some time but he eventually fell asleep.

Monday, August 6, 8:30 AM

Dylan's alarm blared through the morning silence of his bedroom, prompting the teen to awake while muttering some not-so-friendly words into his pillow. Yesterday had passed by surprisingly quickly. Dylan hadn't been able to get in contact with Lis, a good friend he had quite recently made, but at least he would get to see her today. He yawned and stretched, hearing multiple pops in his back sound before getting out of bed and getting ready. The first day of high school. Based on what Dylan's older friends told him, it was a pretty big jump from middle school to high school, especially in terms of academic workload. It would certainly be a lot to get used to. The teen changed into a light blue v-neck tee and light grey khaki shorts before brushing his teeth and washing his face. Dylan sighed and looked at his reflection in the mirror briefly before making his way down to the living room. At the dining table, a plate of piping hot scrambled eggs and crispy bacon with a small bowl of white rice lay in wait for Dylan to consume. He quickly sat down and dug in after thanking his mother for the meal, finishing his breakfast in a rather short amount of time. The teen slung his backpack-- filled up with needed supplies for each of his classes-- over his shoulder and headed out the door before mounting his bike and heading for the school, which wasn't super far away. He arrived rather quickly and locked his bicycle at the bike rack prior to making his way into the campus. Dylan had memorized his class locations and got to his first period class, AP European History, without much difficulty. He sat down at his assigned seat and began to sort the supplies he would need: notebook paper, pencils, highlighters, and the like. Soon, the teen was all ready for school to begin, and he decided to get to know the other students in his class a bit better and hopefully befriend some of them before the bell rang.

Jake's phone began to blast rock music into his ears when the alarms began and he woke up immediately. He looked at the clock. An hour and a half before school began. Which means, he managed to sleep for 3 hours. New record. He got up groggily and looked around the room for something to wear. All his clothes usually laid on the ground but seemed like his mother had cleaned it up when he was in the theater yesterday. He didn't even notice. Well anyway, he walked over to the closet and grabbed a random t-shirt that he knew would fit and some random torn jeans that would also fit. He took random underwear, put on his robe and walked over to the shower. He threw the picked clothes on the floor. Then he stepped into the shower and began showering. When that was done, he stepped out and began to dry himself and then put on some clothes. He walked out to eat some breakfast and then packed his bag to go to school. He put on his helmet, took his keys, phone and bag and walked out to his motorcycle (one that you can drive when you're 15). He started it and drove off to school which wasn't very far. He checked the gas and saw that he would have to fill it up at the gas stop. He stopped there real quick. When he went in to pay for the gas, he bought some powerking too. Then he finally left for school. He checked his schedule and saw that he needed to go to AP European History first. He went over there and sat down without a word. He took up his phone and began playing some Clash Royale before the bell rang

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
(Quick note: my character is going to alternate speaking from French to English sometimes, don’t get confused by it)

Christian arrived at school, but quickly checked the time before going in. “Bon, il est 8h30, au moins je ne suis pas en retard. (Okay, it’s 8:30, at least I’m not late)” he said. When he got inside the school, he looked through his backpack so he can look for the schedule he was given after the orientation. So my first class is AP European History. Alrighty then. Christian thought. He walked towards the door and let himself inside the classroom, hoping he wasn’t the only person. Christian opened the door and went inside. The room was very big, with many different seats scattered across. Christian gave a sigh of relief, since he wasn’t the only one there and not the last one there also. He sat in a random seat and took out his Nintendo Switch, and continued playing his file of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Jake noticed another guy entering the classroom. That guy had a nintendo switch with him. Damn. Jake wanted one too but his family couldn't afford it. He would have to get a job himself and earn it so he could get it. When he had one, he would also get Pokkén tournament as the first game. That guy seemed to share atleast one of Jake's interests but what about all the rest? Probably not. He closed clash royale, put in his headphones and started spotify to listen to some rock. Then he began looking at memes on the internet with the music still playing in his ears

Lis awoke with a yawn, and a stretch that sent a ripple effect of cracks down her spine. The girl slid from her bed, and walked into the bathroom. She stripped down, turned on the shower, and stepped in for a good fifteen minutes. After clumsily stepping out, she wrapped her silver hair in a towel, and grabbed a separate towel to fully dry off. Then, going to her bedroom, she scanned through her closet before pulling a casual dress out and tossing it on her bed. It had a high collar and was sleeveless, held nicely to her upper body, and softly fell loosely around her lower half, and was overall a light blue with white, horizontal stripes. Humming, she stepped into her undergarments, then the actual clothes.

After doing so, Lis glanced at the clock on her wall. 7:12. She bit the inside of her cheek and unraveled the towel upon her head. Her hair was still somewhat wet, but that made it all the more easy to work with. Skittishly, she went into the bathroom and combed through her hair, neatly pulling it into two Dutch braids. Then, she added a few swipes of mascara and such, and head out the bathroom and into her room. Lis hustled downstairs, and head for the pantry. She wasn’t the slightest bit hungry, but ate cereal anyways. She still had several minutes before carpooling to school, so she spent the remaining time uninterestingly watching tv. Eventually, the car pulled into her driveway, and Lis grabbed her phone and backpack, slipped into her birks, and head out the door.

The drive was rather quick and quiet, and Lis hurriedly left the vehicle before any words could be said. She spent time earlier scanning her schedule, so she knew what to expect. Entering the building, the girl confidently went in the direction of her first class, AP European History. She noticed Dylan, and cheerfully smiled at him before scanning for her assigned seat. Lis happened to sit near a boy who was focusing on his Nintendo Switch. She tilted her head, watching him play. “I often play as Shy Guy. The yellow one, to be exact,” she found herself telling him. “Ah, sorry. I don’t mean to be weird, watching you play.” Lis glanced away, setting her backpack down near her.

DoggoKing22

After one of the races, Christian looked over and noticed a girl, by the name of Lis, watching him play the Switch. “Oh h-hi, di-didn’t see you t-there. It’s alright if you watch me play, a-almost everyone does when I play t-this. Probably because I’m good at it. And I sometimes I use Green Shy Guy, but I usually use Link or Dry Bowser” He replied over to Lis, after what she said while Christian was distracted. A couple of minutes passed, and the bell finally rang, making multiple other kids barging into the class all at once. When Christian but his Switch back into his backpack, he remembered something. “Um... I-I don’t think we were introduced p-properly. I’m Christian. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, Christian,” Lis turned to look at him with a smile. “My name is Elisabeth. You can call me Lis, however.” She inwardly happily danced. So far, she was already getting to know new people at this new school. The teacher walked in after the bell rang. He set his things on his desk in the front, and cleared his throat, then introducing himself. Lis half-heartedly listened, as what he was saying was merely introductions to his class, which Lis already had somewhat of a grasp on. She found her eyes glance at Dylan, who sat across and a row ahead from Lis. Faintly, she smiled before turning her attention back to the teacher.

Dylan had made a few friends, and he had been chatting with them, the main topic being school. Some students he talked to seemed fairly excited about the upcoming year, while others were quite apprehensive about the workload; not like Dylan disagreed. Suddenly, the teen saw Lis enter the room from his periphery, and he smiled at her in response. The bell rang, signalling the start of first period, and everyone got in their seats. The teacher stepped into the room and adjusted his glasses. "Hello class," He greeted with a friendly smile. "I'm your AP Euro teacher, Mr. Hayes. I'm extremely excited to be teaching you over the school year, and I hope you all are equally as excited to learn. AP European History is quite a difficult class; there's a lot of information you'll be taking in, not to mention the notes you'll be expected to take out of your textbooks, which you'll be issued later this week. That said," Mr. Hayes continued pulling down a slide in the front of the room. "Pop quiz! Everyone pull out a clean sheet of notebook paper, and number the lines up to 60." Dylan could hear multiple students groan in irritation as he quietly complied, getting ready. "Now, this is an identification quiz. The slideshow will present multiple celebrities, famous logos, and the like, and you will be asked to write down the name of that celebrity or logo. Ready... begin." The slideshow began, and Dylan got to work, naming as many things as he could.

Jake had taken a paper and sat down again. He didn't bother very much about the quiz though. He named the one's he could and those he was unsure about or didn't know, he skipped. And they were a lot. He had only taken out one earbud so he still listened to rock in his right ear. His phone was now playing Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi. He loved that song so put his left earbud back in his ear. He wouldn't hear what the teacher said but that didn't bother him as long as he could listen to his music. He finished the quiz (he skipped the last 10 questions), put the paper aside and just relaxed in his chair while the others continued. Since he skipped so much, he was the first one to complete the quiz

DoggoKing22

Christian took a piece of lined paper and started the quiz. While listening to Mr. Hayes, Christian went through the test like a Jolly Rancher and completed it, turning the quiz in, and sat back down and took his sketchbook out of his backpack. He started with a cap with eyes being thrown, and then sketching the person throwing the cap. The person was a Italian plumber with a red shirt and blue overalls (incase you don’t understand the drawing, it’s Mario throwing Cappy). After that, Christian took out his colored pencils, and filled in the empty spaces that needed to be colored, and finished the drawing. Christian felt a little proud of himself completing the drawing, which looked like the real thing.

Jake saw what that guy infront of him did. He was drawing Mario. Then he took back his focus to his phone. As soon as Blaze of Glory was over, he put away his phone and picked up his nintendo 3ds from his bag. On that, he started a program that he had downloaded where you could draw in 3d. He was pretty good at it even though he thought that all his drawings were crap. It wasn't the same as the program on his computer. On that, he could even make an animated video. But he never did as he would need to record voices to do that. And he couldn't do all those voices himself. And he didn't have any friends to ask if they were interested. Even if he did, they'd probably say no. He didn't want to ask his sister because he felt like that'd be weird. And he thought his brother was still too young. So anything like that never happened. Even if he wanted to

Lis breezes through the quiz rather quickly - her mother made sure to gush to Lis about celebrities and popular cities she’d love to visit. She carefully tore the paper from her notebook, setting it aside. Lis noticed movement behind her, briefly seeing a male whip out his Nintendo 3ds. Lis couldn’t help but wonder, Ah... is that allowed? She kept quiet, however, and looked to her side instead. There, she saw Christian neatly coloring a sketch of the ever so famous Mario Jumpman. She smiled and reached into her backpack, pulling out her own sketchbook. It was small, like a journal with unlined paper.

There was quite a few students still working through the quiz, so Lis decided to pass the time by drawing - similar to the students near her. She found herself drawing little illustrations of Link and Zelda, both rather clean and detailed though they were pretty chibi. Lis leaned on her left hand as she doodled away, eventually filling up the page with little drawings from the game franchise.

Dylan finished the quiz as well, taking a little bit more time than he had hoped. He turned it in and went back to his seat, noticing Lis in the chair behind him and busy doodling away in her notebook. The teen grinned and sat down, staring at the desk in front of him briefly before sighing and pulling out his music binder. He quietly yawned as he flipped through a piano score for a piece he had been trying to learn, back when he actually practiced the instrument regularly. Tapping the table lightly with his fingers as Dylan "air-played" the piece, which was Chopin's Etude Op. 25, No. 11, he smiled once more as his digits danced along the table.

Jake noticed a shadow over him and looked up anxiously. It was the teacher.
"Young man, i'm gonna have to ask you to put that away. If it happens again, i'll have to take it from you" he said.
"I was only drawing like everyone else around here. I'm not playing any games. I don't even have a game with me" Jake said and showed the teacher what he was doing and that the hole where you put the games was empty.
"I'm gonna need more proof than that. Let me see your bag" the teacher said.
"Why? Even if i did have games in there, i wouldn't be able to open it in here. You'd hear it. Everyone else would too" he said. He didn't like making a scene but knew that had already happened. Most students in the classroom looked at him. And therefore he thought that he could take it the whole way. The teacher gave up and walked back to his desk

(If this is too edgy, let me know and i'll edit it)