• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join High School RP

Dylan checked his wristwatch and found that it was now 11:04, and his audition was at 11:30. Shoot, I have to leave. He was quite bummed to find he would have to leave without talking to Lis some, and he was getting ready to head out of the auditorium before he turned one last time and saw Lis looking right at him, her eyes shining brightly. Dylan smiled warmly as he made his way towards her and waved. "Hey! Our auditions're in a bit, but maybe we could chat some more before we both leave? If that would be okay with you, of course."

“Oh, yeah, that’s fine. I’ve got a keen sense of direction, so I should be able to make it there in time,” she joked. Lis folded her hands before her waist. “So, what’d you think of it all? All of the curriculums and such, I mean,” she pressed. “I find them all pretty interesting. The school seems to offer a promising amount of events for the students,” she added quickly. Lis glanced around a few more times before meeting Dylan’s gaze once again.

He’s really nice. Unusually nice for most of the teens in our neighborhood. Then again, all of my friends don’t live around me, and I’ve never really talked to anybody else, Lis found herself wondering.

Dylan chuckled at Lis's joke and smiled. He then heard her question that followed, and he thought for a brief moment before answering. "I agree. The school here, despite its reputation as one of the most challenging academic campuses in the state, feels... almost sort of laid back. There are a ton of extra curricular activities that could possibly help one get away from all the stress of their studies. Of course, you have to focus on your core classes, but the large number of electives serves as a kind of freedom from that, in my opinion." He checked his watch and saw that it was now 11:20, and albeit rather reluctant to leave, he got ready to do so. "Well, our auditions are in 10 minutes, so I guess we should be heading out now. But first," He quickly added, getting an idea. "Would you like to exchange phone numbers? I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other quite a bit throughout the school year."

Lis nodded to what he spoke about, agreeing that the school had interesting features. The conversation went on for some several minutes, and ended with Lis typing her phone number into Dylan’s contacts. When she took her phone back, Lis looked up at Dylan with a smile on her face. “I’ll see you later. Good luck with your audition!” she said before turning to the direction of the choir room.

As she walked down the hall, her heart seemed to flutter a bit. Lis cleared her throat as she stood before the door to the room. She was just about to gently rap on the wood before the door burst open. Luckily, it swung inward, so Lis wasn’t brutally thwacked with a door. Taken aback, Lis stumbled backwards a few steps. Standing in the doorframe was the same y’all boy from before. He seemed to be fuming. He glared at Lis before storming out of the room, and stomping down the hall. Lis stood in her startled state for a few seconds, until a man’s voice said, “You can come in!” Obeying, Lis cautiously stepped into the room, closing the door behind her.

The room was rather large, with lots of space for voices to fill in. Sitting before a music stand was the man who had summoned her in. He was surprisingly young, probably in his early thirties. He looked up from the clipboard he was jotting words down on. “Ah... My name is Lis Fifer. This is my first year here,” Lis told him, walking over to the piano that was a few yards away from him. She sat herself down on the bench. “Alrighty, welcome Miss Fifer. My name is Mr. Sydney. Just tell me what song you’re going to sing, and then you can start,” he replied to her. She nodded. “Okay, I’m going to be singing Hikaru Nara by Goose House..” she said, a bit awkwardly.

After a few seconds, she took a deep breath and started playing the song on the piano. She wasn’t a fantastic player, but she knew quite a bit, and it sounded lovely nonetheless. When she came in singing, her voice seemed to surround the room, carrying a very beautiful melody. Lis, who was singing the English version of the song, closed her eyes as she performed. The entire thing felt like only a few seconds, but she found herself singing the last word and playing the last few notes. When she had finished, she stared at the keys, fingers resting on them. She looked up at Mr. Sydney, and found that his jaw was dropped, and his eyes were cloudy. He stood up, walked over to her, and held out his hand for her to shake. She smiled, stood up, and shook it firmly. “You’re 110 percent on the team... congratulations. That was the best audition I’ve heard in all my years of teaching.” With that, he nodded once and excused Lis. She beamed happily as she passed the next student to audition. They eyed her in an odd way before entering the room. Lis walked down the hall once more and into the lobby, where she awaited Dylan to come back as well.

(KIMI DA YO, KIMI NANNN DA YOOO; OSHIETE KURETAAAAAAAAAAAAA)

Dylan typed his own number into Lis's phone and flashed her a grin before leaving. "I'll see you soon!" He called out as he made his way to his car that was parked outside. The teenager opened his trunk and hauled out his euphonium, which was sitting in a large case. Taking it with him, Dylan headed toward the Band Hall, easily locating it through the signs on the walls. He arrived at the double doors that led into the room and opened them, grinning at the three band directors who would be his judges for his placement auditions. He uncased his euphonium and checked that is was functioning properly, fingering his valves and adjusting his tuning slides. Dylan took out his audition excerpts from his instrument case and set them down on the stand in front of him, raising it up to his eye height. He waited for the head director to give him the OK before playing his excerpts, nailing the important details perfectly. Once Dylan was finished, he put away the audition excerpts and took out another score of music. "For my prepared solo, I'll be playing Blue Bells of Scotland, by Arthur Pryor." The judges gave him the signal to start, and the teen launched into his solo, once again playing it almost perfectly, aside from a small note crack. At one point, Dylan could see from his periphery that the judges all had their pens down, just listening to him play. Once he finished, the judges grinned and put their evaluation sheets filled with Dylan's name, grade, and their comments onto a stack of others before telling him that results would be posted later and dismissing him to go. Dylan bowed and smiled before casing up and leaving the band hall. He soon arrived at the lobby and saw Lis, prompting him to smile and make his way toward her. He waved and called out, "Hey!" as he walked up to her. "How'd you do in your audition? I think I did fairly well."

Last edited:
Lis looked up, seeing Dylan walking over and greeting her. “Oh, hey!” she greeted. At his question, her eyes lit up and she grinned. “Mister Sydney - the choir director, that is - told me that I had definitely earned a spot. I’m really happy,” Lis sighed dreamily. “You’re sure to make band. If I can make an audition, you can too,” she kid. “Come to think of it, sports tryouts are tomorrow...” She added to herself softly. Lis looked back up at him. “You play the piano, right? I’m not the best, but we should meet up to duet sometime - singing or playing.” She could hear her heat beating in her chest.

Dylan smiled warmly and patted Lis's back. "That's great! Congratulations! The band directors told me that results are gonna be posted tomorrow, so that's something to look forward to, I guess." He chuckled and nodded in gratitude. "Thanks for the encouragement. I'm a little bit anxious to see what band I place in, but I'm pretty confident I did well." He heard Lis's remark and chuckled once more. "Yeah, that sounds really fun! We live near each other, so meeting up shouldn't be that hard. I'm looking forward to it!" He looked around and saw that a large number of students were leaving to go home, and Dylan realized it was time for him to do the same. "Well, I gotta head home kow, Lis. Talk to you soon!" He waved as he began to make his way to the double doors leading out of the campus building.

“Bye!” she called as he left. Lis turned around, deciding to further get to know some students that went to or were going to Stormridge. She ended up staying for quite awhile, and was able to befriend a bunch of people. However, she found that she was rather worn from all of the walking around and the laughter. Lis excused herself from the building, and hopped into her car, and drove back to her house.

When she stepped into her home, after unlocking it, that is, she slipped off her shoes and set her keys on the counter. Her feet hurt, and her throat was beginning to get sore. Lis was about to sprawl herself around the living room, but remembered tryouts for various sports were held the next day. So, instead, she head upstairs and swapped her outfit for athletic shorts and a t-shirt. Her hair was already out of her face, so she left it the same and hurried back downstairs. Slipping into a pair of tennis shoes, she stepped outside and walked to her backyard, where a sturdy basketball hoop was mounted. In a matter of seconds, she had grabbed a ball that rested near it and began practicing.

Jake got home and just threw his bag on his bed as he usually do, without a word to his family. The orientation had gone poorly. That didn't matter to him though. He wouldn't be in school if he didn't have to. His mom didn't have time and he never wanted to see his dad again so no homeschooling either. Oh well. That's just how life is. He didn't bother packing up as he didn't really care about what he brought to school and therefore never had a reason to unpack his bag. Except for his computer he had nothing of interest in his bag. He picked up the computer and turned it on. While it was loading, he picked up his phone and looked on snapchat about anything of interest. Nothing. He have no friends, why did he even still have the app? Useless crap. He threw it on the bed and focused on the computer. He got on crunchyroll and began rewatch Naruto

Lis had been outside, shooting accurately, for about an hour. After a few ‘last couple shots’, she set the ball down and wiped her forehead, heading back inside. She stepped out of her tennis shoes, rolled her neck, and grabbed her phone, which she had left on the counter while she was outside. Grabbing a drink, she scrolled through the feed of several social media apps. After a few seconds of that, she hesitantly went towards her text messages. Having exchanged numbers with Dylan, she felt like she should actually get to know him more. So, she started small talk by simply sending, “hi! what’s up?” Lis looked at the sent message for a second, then turning off her phone.

She walked away from the kitchen to go upstairs to her room to freshen up. It took her only a few minutes to regain a clean composure. Lis found herself, however, leaning over her window seat, examining the outside. She could see, obviously, her neighbors homes. She head back downstairs, grabbed her phone, and rolled onto the large couch in the living room. Lis turned on the TV for background noise as she dove back into social media.

Dylan got into his car after putting his euphonium in his trunk and drove back home, opening the door and greeting his mom as he climbed up the stairs. He changed into a more casual outfit, a white tee with athletic shorts, and flopped onto his bed, sinking into the mattress. Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pocket, and the teen pulled it out, reading Lis's text. Dylan chuckled to himself and began to type for a bit before hitting send and leaving his phone face down on his pillow. "Nothing much; just got home. You?" He turned into a sitting position and pressed the power button on a remote, turning on the TV that sat on a stand in front of him. He inserted a DVD into his player and began to watch his favorite movie, the first Avengers, as the teen waited for an answer from Lis on his phone

Lis tapped the notification, a light smile on her face. “Me too. Just been lazing around for a little bit,” she glanced at the TV, adding, “Jurassic Park is on. Definitely one of my favorite movies." She typed. After a quick proofread, she pressed send, and turned her gaze to the movie that was playing at the moment. Her phone, still on, lay right beside her. It actually was one of her favorite movies, so she paid attention to it fairly quickly.

Dylan kept watching the movie until his phone vibrated once more, and he picked it up and responded to the text, typing rather quickly before hitting the send button. "Jurassic Park is a pretty good movie; I enjoyed it a lot. I'm watching the Avengers right now. Enjoyed it since I first saw it was a kid." He then directed his attention back to the movie before he suddenly got an idea and began typing up a text to Lis once more. "Hey, are you free right now?"

It took Lis a second to realize her phone had dinged. Since it had them turned off, she turned it on once again and checked her texts. Smiling, she replied, “I love Marvel - and DC, too. Spider-man is my favorite. Him, or Ironman.” She hit the send button before reading his next text. “Yeah, I don’t have any plans. What’s up?” she typed, hitting the button once more. Lis stood up, staring at her phone as she paced around the coffee table, awaiting Dylan’s next reply. On her second time around, she picked up the remote from the couch and turned the TV off.

Dylan smiled and mentally pumped a fist into the air triumphantly before typing up his next message. "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom just released in theaters, and I got 2 free tickets for today in about 50 minutes. Interested?" He hit send and placed his phone on his pillow once more, directing his attention to the movie. It then hit him what exactly he had done. Oh. I may have just asked Lis out on a movie date. That's awkward.

Lis grinned when she received the text. “Absolutely! I wanted to see it since the previews aired. Meet me outside in like... a few minutes?” The teen sent, and made her way to the staircase, which she jogged up. Hastily, she went into the bathroom and redid her hair; simply undoing it and putting it into a neater ponytail. She had already cleaned up beforehand, so she didn’t bother changing clothes. She stared at herself in the mirror for a few moments before wondering aloud, “Is this a date?” The thought warmed her ears. “No, it’s just a friendly movie. We’ve just met, and besides - he thinks of me as a friend... right?” Lis murmured, stepping out of the bathroom. She went back downstairs, grabbed a pair of sneakers and stepped into them, and stood near the door for a couple of seconds before heading out.

"Sounds good! I'll pick you up in about 5." Dylan sent the message and heaved a sigh of relief, thankful that his invitation hadn't been questioned any further. He changed his outfit once more, slipping into khaki pants and a white v-neck tee before pocketing his phone. He freshened up for the event and smoothed his hair with some water and his hand before hurrying down the stairs, some money and the two movie tickets in hand. "Gonna watch Jurassic World with Lis; I'll be back soon," He called out to his mom before leaving the house with his car keys. He got into his car and started it, driving off to Lis's house. After about 5 minutes, Dylan arrived, and he pulled out his phone, texting Lis, "I'm here; feel free to come out when you're ready."

Lis stepped right back in before heading out. She felt really underdressed all of the sudden, and sprinted back upstairs in mere seconds. In a flash, she stripped down and threw on a fairly nice sundress that fell to above her knees. Feeling much better, she sprinted back down and slid into the birks she wore at orientation. Then, with a composed face, she stepped outside and smiled. She quickly walked to Dylan’s car, and opened the door, seating herself with a friendly look in her eyes. “Hey, thanks for offering to take me with you,” she looked at him while she buckled herself in. “I wanted to go to this movie anyway, but my mom doesn’t like action-y movies. But, I didn’t want to go alone, so it reassured me to go with a friend,” Lis finished, turning her gaze to the windshield before her.

Dylan smiled as he watched Lis enter the car. "It's no problem. My mom isn't too fond of action movies either," He responded with a chuckle. Once Lis was buckled in, he began to drive to the movie theater, which was about a 15 minute car drive away. As Dylan drove, he turned to look at Lis and smiled warmly once more. "You look great, by the way." Dear God, I'm actually treating this as if it were a date. Why? In all honesty, maybe it was that he had feelings for her. Of course, they had only met the day prior, but Dylan couldn't help but feel a connection with his newly found friend, bigger than he would like to have revealed out loud.

Last edited:
Lis brushed a loose strand from her ponytail out of her face. “Thank you. To be honest, I wasn’t quite sure how I should have dressed,” a laughed softly. “You look good, too,” she added, cheeks growing rosier as she looked out her window, hoping to hide the flush that crept onto her face. As they drove past, Lis studies the colorful homes and restaraunts that were along the drive to the theater. She noticed a playground, with a few children chasing each other on, that reminded her of an old playground she and her parents would go to when she was little. At the thought, she smiled to herself tenderly.

Dylan chuckled and thanked her in reply. "Thanks. I just went for a business casual look." After some more conversation, the two finally arrived at the movie theater. He checked his wristwatch and found that the movie would be starting in about 10 minutes. Dylan parked and got out, going to the other side to open the door for Lis. "Well, we're here." He smiled as he looked at her. She really did look quite nice.

Jake watched a few of the Naruto episodes before deciding that he should get going if he wanted to make it in time for that movie. He grabbed his bag and packed down chips and orange soda in it to sneak it in. He planned on telling the staff he's jacket was in there so he had something to put on in case it got cold. To avoid making a lot of sound with the chips he opened the bag and poured the chips into a rather big glass jar with a lid. And to make sure the staff believed him, he took a woolly sweater and put over the snacks in case they looked. A jacket could look rather big if it was packed poorly and Jake knew he looked like a guy who would pack poorly. And when he would be inside the theater there wouldn't be any problems as you could actually buy snacks there so those who watched would probably just shrug it off. Jake thought of all of this but still doubted his own brain? Anyway, he grabbed his helmet, keys, phone and the ticket and took off on his motorcycle to the theater. When he got there, he picked up his phone and checked the time. Still 10 minutes left. Good

Lis stepped out of the vehicle with a thankful smile. She brushed off her dress before leading the way into the movie theater. In a few moments, the tickets were exchanged, and the duo was led into the screening room the movie would take place in. When they stepped in, it was hard to miss that the place was absolutely packed. Both old and new fans filled up the rows, many dressed in merchandise and the like. Lis scanned the velvet rows for two open spaces. It took her a moment, but she eventually found one, next to a boy in a jacket who was checking his phone. “Ah, well.. that’s the only spot I can find with two open seats,” she said, nudging her head in the direction of the empty spots. She waited a second before leading the way to the row. Lis ended up entering first, so she sat beside the boy a bit shyly.

She turned her head to Dylan. “Did you want any refreshments? I’m not hungry,” she said with a suggesting tone.

Dylan smiled and sat down in the cushioned chair next to Lis, sinking down into the seat comfortably. "No, I'll be fine. Do you want anything? I can pay." He checked the numbers at the bottom of the two seats the two currently occupied and confirmed that they matched the number on his tickets. Reserving seats online truly was a god-sent. He watched the previews that played on the screen before the movie as he awaited an answer from Lis. As much as he wanted to believe that this was merely an outing between two newly made friends, Dylan couldn't shake the thought that it really was a date. Was he even ready for a relationship? Sure, he may have wanted a significant other in the past, but it was nothing more than just a fleeting thought here and there throughout his life since middle school. He had never found a girl he had considered his type ever since he considered going out with someone, but with Lis... it felt like there was an exception.

“No, but thank you,” she smiled, slightly sinking into her seat as she watched the previews before her. Occasionally, she’d avert her gaze to Dylan’s, and a friendly smile would grow on her face. When she’d return her line of perception towards the screen, she’d quietly wonder. As she waited for the advertisements to finish, she inwardly spoke to herself, This feels like a date. A very shy, and inexperienced date, but one nonetheless... I like it. Happily, the teen sighed, and found herself giving a quick glance to the boy she sat next to. He seemed familiar from somewhere, but the feeling was sort of faint. Eventually, she found herself trying to place her finger on where his recognized appearance was from.

Finally, after a few minutes of previews, the lights began to dim, and the logos began to roll as the movie began. Dylan leaned back in his seat, glancing at Lis occasionally and smiling as he did so. Maybe this really was a date. It sure as heck felt like one. The movie played, and Dylan paid close attention. It was a good movie so far, and he was really enjoying it. Watching it with Lis made it exponentially better, and he was glad that it was her. He chuckled quietly with the rest of the audience at the humorous parts, and scooted to the edge of his seat in eagerness during the intense parts of the movie. Dylan felt like the two latest movies paid good homage to the original Jurassic Park movie, as they consistently kept the first movie's vibe and tone.

Last edited:
Jake sighed when the couple sat down next to him. They seemed familliar in some way. He shrugged it off and began thinking of his problem. Now he couldn't take up his snacks unless those two moved away. So he would have to sit through the whole movie without snacks. Which meant the soda would get warm and undrinkable until it cooled down. Not like he could drink it in here anyway. What was he thinking? The sound of a soda bottle opening would be heard through the whole theater. He sighed again. Maybe he could sneak his snacks up during an intense scene? And during a loud scene he could open his soda bottle? Surely this movie had to have those. Impossible to be Jurassic Park related without intense moments and lots of loud screaming and roaring. He looked around discreetly and when he made sure no one saw he took up his snacks. And during that loud scene he anticipated, he opened the soda bottle. He underestimated the sound. The people near him might've heard it. Not good. He looked around anxiously but discreetly

By the time the movie had begun, Lis had long forgotten what she was trying to remember. During a rather loud, suspenseful scene of the film, she noticed the shuffling of the boy beside her in his coat, and then the hiss of a cap being opened. She simply glanced at him with a smile, understanding that movie theater snacks were way overpriced. Letting a silent sigh escape from her lips, Lis averted her attention towards the large screen before them. Currently in the movie, the threat of the volcano was more intense than ever before. As the scenes carried on, Lis became further engulfed and intrigued with it all.

Soon, the movie was concluded, and Dylan smiled as he got up from his seat, having enjoyed the movie thoroughly. He turned to glance at Lis, the warm smile still lacing his lips as he held out a hand, offering to help her out of her seat. "That was a good movie, huh?" He looked into her eyes, and his smile grew warmer. Finally, the feelings gently poking into his mind ever since he had met her became clear, all pointing to one thing. She's the one. As much as I hate to do so though, it might be best she doesn't know until later. It'd be too early if I did it now; we literally met yesterday.

Jake noticed that the girl next to him had noticed the sounds but didn't make a fuzz about it. Good. And bad. He was uncomfortable with attention so throughout a few minutes of the movie he sat still until the movie had made him forget about the girl. Then he began eating his chips and drink his soda. He finished them somewhat quickly and put the empty items back into the bag. When the movie finished he calmly picked up his bag and began walking out of the theater. He walked out to his motorcycle and put on his helmet. It had been getting a bit chillier than before so he put on his sweater and drove off. He got back to his house, put the jar in the dishwasher and the soda bottle where they had their bottles that they were gonna pledge in a store. Then he went back to his room and turned on the tv to start playing videogames.

Lis stretches her arms forward as the lights turned back on. The familiar boy beside her had quickly made his exit. She turned back to Dylan smiling. “Oh, definitely. Especially with the raptors, and the lava,” she added cheerfully. She took his hand, standing up slowly. Lis found herself still holding his hand, gazing at him, for a few moments, before realizing what she was doing. Carefully, she brought her hand back and held it in her own. “Well, we should get back, hm? Unless you want to further hang out, that is,“ She said a bit quickly, face flushed.

Dylan smiled as the two made their way out of the theater, stepping out into the afternoon sun. "Whatever you want. I'm fine with anything." He stretched as he walked beside Lis, squinting slightly in the bright sunlight due to the fact that they had been in a dark room for about 2 hours. He saw another kid walk past him, leaving for home, and Dylan thought he looked the slightest bit familiar. He began to ponder where he might have seen him as he awaited an answer from Lis.

“Hm... no, I can’t think of anything,” Lis said, looking down to avoid the jabbing of the sun’s golden rays in her eyes. “She’s not home, but my mother will want me at our house for most of the afternoon,” she added. They walked on until arriving at Dylan’s car. When Lis sat down and shut the door, she got an idea. “Hey, we’ve got a grand piano at my house. We could play together, if you’d like,” Lis suggested, buckling herself in.

Dylan brightened up at Lis's idea, quickly disregarding the kid he had wondered about as he walked with her to his car, buckling up as well. He nodded and smiled warmly, starting up the engine and heading for Lis's house. "That sounds great. I haven't played in a while, so I might be a bit rusty." Having taken lessons since a young age, Dylan was known as the "piano prodigy" among family friends, often asked to play for them. He would comply with a smile, but nowadays, academics were getting in the way of his practice, so it was likely that his skills had deteriorated a bit.

“Cool,” she smiled. “I’m sure I can dig up some older pieces I’ve played before.” With content, she leaned back in the car seat. The drive was a quite a few minutes, but seemed rather quick. Lis stepped out of the car and walked up her own driveway, holding the door open for Dylan. When he had entered, she led him upstairs into a different twisty hall, that ended at a door. Behind it was a spacious room, with an oak, grand piano sitting in the center. Various paintings - by none other than Lis - were hung about on the walls, and a large bookshelf leaned against one. Throughout it, novels and sheet music folders were scattered about. Lis, who had taken her shoes off long before, quickly stepped over to it, Standing on her toes to reach a folder on a higher shelf. When she grabbed it down, she opened it and flipped through the papers before slipping a couple pieces from the folder.

She walked over to the piano, setting the sheets down on the slanted piece of wood. Lis straightened them before speaking. “These shouldn’t be too hard. Maybe a bit of a challenge - for me, that is. They’re a couple years old, I’d say,” she said, hovering near the large instrument.

Dylan took off his shoes as well upon entering Lis's house, looking around. He hadn't really been able to take in the interior of the house last time he visited, as the circumstances were extremely different. He smiled and chuckled quietly as he stepped into the room where the piano sat and rested his hand on the keys. "Quite a nice place you have here." He skimmed through the music scores Lis showed him and nodded. "You're right. They're not too challenging, though it'll be a bit of a pain to sight read this on the first go." Dylan chuckled softly as he began to think, getting an idea all of a sudden. "I actually remember a piece I used to play, back when I was serious about lessons. Would you like to hear it?"

“Yeah. My mother is a designer, so she brought in enough to get us this kinda stuff,” Lis said quietly. “Sure, I’d like to hear you play,” she then added in reply to Dylan’s question. She stood near the wall, examining an older painting of hers while she waited for Dylan to begin the piece. The artwork was a messy acrylic to Lis, but was truthfully very interesting, and often caught the eye in a pleasing way. The teen smiled softly to herself.

Dylan smiled and complied, sitting at the piano bench. He rested his hands on the keys, praying he would have enough skill left to play that hadn't been wasted away due to his piano "hiatus". He began to play Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2, and as he played, he drew an image that reflected the tone of how he played. It was a couple on a peaceful moonlight stroll, the night sky brightened only by the shining moon and glimmering stars, no street clamor interrupting the peace. It was nice and serene, and Dylan found himself smiling warmly at the moving picture, playing out in his mind with vivid color. Much different from the movie he and Lis had just watched, it was very calm, and the music imparted a soft feel upon the ears. Thank goodness; I still have it.

Jake heard there was someone who played the piano somewhere on this street. He lost focus for a second and died in the game. Then he just put on headphones and shut the noice out. He didn't want to hear it. But now he only had ears for the game. He was playing Overwatch. He wasn't a pro but not a noob either. He was average. He killed a player but was killed immediately after by someone else. He didn't care though. The game was just a way for him to escape reality and his own mind. It wasn't a good way but it was better than nothing. He heard his mother open the door and was killed again. He sighed, said AFK and turned to his mom to hear what she wanted.
"I asked if you can take out the trash" she said.
"Fine" Jake said and reluctantly got up and walked out with the trash. This family was rather picky with which container they threw their trash in so he had to sort it. He did so and walked back. When he was almost at his room again his mom asked him to do the dishes. He moaned but agreed. He couldn't say no cause she would just find a way for him to do it anyway but she'd be angry with him because he refused at first. Might as well do what she asked him to do even if he didn't want to

Lis’ ears perked up as Dylan started playing. She turned around, fascinated by how he played something so lovely so effortlessly. She glanced at the wide, curtained window, which was open slightly, meaning a few people outside were sure to hear the music. When he finished, Lis stood leaning against the wall, a bit dumbfounded. “That didn’t sound very rusty to me,” she, somewhat, teased. Walking over to the piano, she set her hand near the lid and smiled. “Mind if I play something? It might not sound as pretty, or classical, as yours, but I’d say it’s something,” Lis said.