• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join High School RP

(ask to join HERE)

Hello, and welcome to the famed W.N. Stormridge High School! Known as the best of the best, it is here where you will utilize your academic prowess to the fullest. Your orientation will be tomorrow (Saturday, August 4) at 10:15 A.M., where Headmaster Frank Ravi will tell you about the school and you will receive an agenda and a manila folder full of necessary documents, such as available clubs to join, your 1st Semester Schedule, etc. Your first day of school will be on August 6, Monday. Our staff cannot wait to see all of you at our orientation, and once again, welcome to Stormridge! Go Serpents!

~The Counselors

Dylan got up from his bed after he was done reading through the letter and used pieces of tape to attach it to his wall above his desk. He smiled as he ran a hand through his hair and adjusted his glasses. Dylan walked out into the living room where Hugo, his 2-year old Samoyed jumped him and licked him furiously. He laughed as he tried to push his pet off to no avail. "Agh! Come on, Hugo! Can't you see I'm wearing a black shirt?" Dylan chuckled as he let Hugo lick his face a few more times before getting off and attempting to brush off the copious amounts of white fur left on his tee.

After noticing that his futile attempts weren't working, Dylan shrugged it off and went back into his room to change into a blue t-shirt, throwing his fur covered black shirt into the laundry bin. He opened one of his drawers and took out a leash, holding it up in Hugo's line of vision with a grin on his face. Dylan's pet dog bounded toward him and sat down a foot away from him, tail wagging furiously. The 15-year old chuckled as he fastened the leash onto Hugo's collar and opened the door, calling behind his shoulder, "Gonna walk Hugo! Be back in a bit!" Dylan walked along the sidewalk, cleaning up after Hugo's occasional messes. He looked around the neighborhood, wondering if anyone around would be attending Stormridge this year as well. It would certainly be convenient to have a friend who lived nearby who attended the same school as well.

“Well, I’ll be...!” Lis’ mother, with her faint French accent, squinted at the piece of paper before her. Lis stood behind her, a light smile on her face, as she had already read the letter multiple times. “Oh, Lis... I’m so proud of you,” Annabelle Fifer turned around, dramatically throwing her arms up to embrace Lis in a tight hug. “He would be proud of you, too,” her mother murmured in her ear, holding her tighter.

The pair stepped away from each other, each with the same beautiful features, and opposite features as well. Lis glanced at the clock on the wall, and sadly smiled. “It’s about that time,” she said to her mother, who nodded. The duo grabbed their jackets, though it was fairly nice out, then straightened their dresses in sync, and head out the large door with a fluffy bouquet of flowers in Lis’ arms.

Lis and her mom, hand in hand, traveled down multiple blocks with sort of sad expressions along the way. They passed a teenager who was walking his fluffy dog, to which Lis glanced at him with curiosity. However, she soon focused back on the sidewalk, and not before long did the pair arrive before a metal gate with a cross on it. They entered, already knowing where they wanted to go.

Of course, they arrived to their spot, looking forward at the lovely marble engraved with a name, and a phrase of comfort. Lis and her mom hovered at the spot, before Lis set the flowers down in front of the gravestone. She felt her mother’s arm wrap around her, and she leaned into her parent.

“11 years today. We miss you, papa,” Lis whispered. When Lis was a mere four years old, her father was killed in a car crash on his way home from a business trip. Luckily, little toddler Lis was able to say her goodbyes, not really understanding, but still knowing something was wrong.

Last edited:
As Dylan was walking Hugo, he came across what looked like a mother and her daughter. Her daughter looked to be about the same age as Dylan, and they both had somber expressions on their faces. Dylan made eye contact with the girl, who seemed to be eyeing him curiously before returning her gaze to the sidewalk in front of her, a bouquet of flowers in her hands. Looking at the direction in which they're walking, the bouquet, and the formal attire, I'd say they're headed to the cemetery. Honoring a loved one, probably. Despite a slight pang of sympathy, Dylan kept walking until Hugo showed signs of wanting to return home. He complied and turned around. heading back to his abode.

Once the two arrived home, Dylan unfastened Hugo's collar, letting him roam around the house freely. "Oh, you're back?" His mom called over her shoulder as she stood at the kitchen, washing the dishes. "Yeah, I'm home. By the way," He started, taking off his shoes and stepping into the living room. "I saw a girl and her mom walking down the sidewalk across from our house, and I think they were going to the cemetery; do you know them?" Dylan knew that his mother, Audrey Sage had quite a level of popularity around the neighborhood, so he assumed she would know. He described the girl and her mother to his Audrey, who stopped abruptly and turned off the water. She turned around and glanced at her son with a grim look. "Those would be the Fifers. The girl you mentioned is their only child, Lis. Their father passed away quite a long time ago." Suddenly, the pang of sympathy that had infiltrated Dylan's mind like a pebble hitting a window came back with huge force. "...Oh." His mother dried her hands with a paper towel and sighed. "Thanks for reminding me, actually. I'm good friends with Annabelle, so we're gonna go visit her family to pay our respects. Grab that bouquet of flowers over there." Dylan complied and took the bouquet from a jar filled with water sitting on the window sill next to the kitchen. So that's what those were for. He walked to the front door and slipped on his shoes, ready to leave.

After several minutes of silence, besides the occasional sniffle, Lis’ mother cleared her throat. “Well... we don’t want to waste the entire day being melancholic, hm? He wouldn’t want that,” she spoke gently, a hand on her daughter’s back. Lis nodded, wiped her nose with her jacket sleeve, and then turned around, squinting up at the sky. A couple of seconds passed until Annabelle began walking down the path, and Lis began to follow.

They spent the walk home reminiscing about when the three of them, teaching Lis to walk and talk and... well, grow up. When they entered their home, Lis slipped her jacket off, and head up the main staircase and into her room. Her thoughts were cloudy as she picked out a pretty outfit for the next day. Oh... tomorrow! After being sidetracked, Lis had totally forgot about the letter, which was set on the table. She smiled, grabbing a random dress and setting it across her desk.

“Lis! Come down here, please!” the teen’s mother voice called out to her from downstairs. Lis slipped out of her room, straightened her dress and brushed a strand of silver hair from her face, and walked down the stairs to see her mother at the door, a soft smile on her face. Guests, Lis thought, a pretty smile growing on her face.

After a few minutes of walking, Dylan and his mother arrived at the Fifers' house, where upon arrival, the latter rapped her knuckles at the door, waiting for it to open. Every year, his mother would usually pay her respects alone, but this time, out of his own sympathy and some curiosity, Dylan volunteered to tag along. He held the bouquet of flowers in his hands, waiting for Mrs. Fifer to open the door. Who knew, maybe he would also develop a friendship with Lis as well.

Abby sat at her desk, her knees brought up to her chest, reading the letter she received from Stormridge. She folded the letter up and placed it next to her idle laptop. Her laptop came to life as she pressed the space bar, a soft glow coming from the screen. Once logged on, Abby opened up Notepad and started making a list of school supplies she would need for the school year. She and her mother would have to go shopping either tomorrow after orientation or Sunday. It took her about fifteen minutes to finish her list of everything she could think would be essential. Abby printed out her list and taped it to her bedroom door so she wouldn’t forget it. Before she left her room, she grabbed her necklace off her nightstand. It was a gold chain with a college ring hanging from it. She put the necklace around her neck and put the ring under shirt.

Closing her door as she left her room, Abby descended the stairs and went into the kitchen. She grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and headed to the front door. “Mom! I’m heading out for a bit!” she called into the house as she slipped in her shoes. “Just be back in time for dinner!” her mother called back. Abby acknowledged her mother and headed out, locking the door behind her. As she walked down the street, Abby pulled out her phone and opened up the Pokémon Go app.

Annabelle opened the door, revealing Audrey Sage - only behind her was a semi-familiar face. Her son, probably... actually, I’ve seen him. Lis stepped forward, politely smiling as her mother started introducing Lis. “Evening, Audrey,” the woman started. She noticed the bouquet and held a hand to her chest. “I’m sure you know already, but this is my daughter, Elisabeth.” Her mother glanced at her.

“Hello,” Lis started, “It’s nice to meet you.” She smiled. He looks cute. Wait, can I think that? Internally, she blushed, but kept a composed expression on the outside.

Audrey smiled sadly and gave Annabelle a brief hug. "It's good to see you again, Annabelle. It really is a tragedy, what happened to your husband all those years ago." She looked at Lis and chuckled, giving her a hug as well. "It's good to see you too, Lis. You start to look more like your mother every year. This is Dylan, my oldest son." Dylan stepped forward and offered Mrs. Fifer the bouquet, smiling warmly. "These are for you, Mrs. Fifer. My condolences for what happened." He glanced at Lis and flashed her the same grin as he stepped back.

“Yes, well... it’s long in the past, can’t be helped now,” the French lady sighed, but she smiled, accepting the flowers. “Thank you very much,” she said to the pair before her. Lis simply stood and watched, resisting the urge to start crying. The wave had hit her when her mother began speaking about him, and it was hard to control as her eyes welled up. She glanced at the letter on the table one last time before shakily taking a breath. “Excuse me,” she said quietly, voice cracking as she turned around a quickly head up the stairs, already wiping her eyes.

Immediately, she went into her room, throwing herself on her bed, and burying her face in her arms as she silently began sobbing. She knew she should have been strong, but after bottling it up all morning, her emotions decided to escape from her.

Downstairs, her mother disappointedly gazed at the stairs for a few seconds - she wanted Lis to stay longer. “I’m terribly sorry.. this day has been very rough for her every year,” she sighed, turning around and setting the flowers near the envelope. “Please forgive her.”

Audrey sadly smiled as she watched Lis hurry up the stairs and sighed. "How could it ever be easy? It must've been no less than utterly devastating." She then turned with a sudden ferocity and grabbed Dylan's ear, twisting it and shaking it around. "Dylan! What are you doing just standing here?! Go comfort her! Make a friend!" Dylan cried out in pain and pushed his mother's hand away, caressing his almost red ear. "Jeez Mom, you didn't have to be so rough about it." He smiled, however, and nodded in compliance. Dylan turned to Mrs. Fifer and softly asked. "Excuse me, where is Lis's room?"

“When you go up the stairs, turn down the right hallway, and it’s the first room on the left,” she smiled, turning to Audrey to catch up on how things have been.

Lis pushed herself up from her stomach, sitting with her legs crossed. Her nose was red and she looked tired, but somehow didn’t look terrible. She bent her neck down, gathering all of her hair and tying it into a ponytail with a scrunchie that was around her wrist. With her hair out her face, she rubbed her eyes and sighed, slipping out of her bed, and walking towards the main window in her room, which had a seat built into it. She sat down on the right cushions, pulling her knees to her chest as she looked outside.

Dylan smiled and nodded in thanks before heading up the stairs and making his way to Lis's room. He opened the door a tiny bit and saw Lis sitting on a chair in front of the window in her room. Dylan took a long breath and exhaled, opening the door all the way and stepping inside. "Hey, there." He smiled and leaned against the wall adjacent to the door, waiting for her to turn around. Upon first glance earlier, Lis was quite cute, but it was a thought Dylan quickly dismissed. Maybe it would be revisited if the actual visit was under different circumstances.

Lis glanced back from the corner of her eye at the new figure who entered her room. She turned her head slightly towards him with a faint smile. “Hello,” the girl spoke quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. “I’m sorry we couldn’t have met under better circumstances. I’d say I made a terrible first impression,” she joked, sniffling throughout the sentences.

Letting her legs fall back down, she straightened her back and turned around so that her back was pressed against the window, but she remained seated.

"It's alright. You haven't made a bad impression at all. Actually, I would say the contrary. You seem like the kindest person I've ever met, to be honest." Dylan chuckled as he put his hands in his pockets. He looked out the window Lis had just now been staring through, enjoying the view. "It is quite a nice view outside. Would you like to take a walk, maybe find out more about each other along the way?" He had always had a bit of a soft spot for walks. It was something he enjoyed, to feel the gentle breeze of the wind and indulge in the silent scenery around him.

Lis paused for a moment before nodding. “That’d be nice, actually,” she replied, pushing herself off of the seat. She grabbed her jacket from before, which she had hung up near a couple of hooks on the wall. Slipping the clothing on, she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, before opening them again and smiling. “Okay, I’m ready when you are.”

She slipped out the door and down the stairs, weakly smiling at her mother as she awaited Dylan to follow.

Dylan smiled and followed Lis down the stairs, glancing at the two parents and grinning. "We'll be back in a little bit, I promise. Don't worry Mrs. Fifer, your daughter's in good hands." He opened the door, waiting for Lis to exit the house before following suit and closing the door. As the two walked, Dylan breathed in the evening air and smiled, feeling the joy that came with his walks he had known all too well. There really was nothing like it. "So, school starts soon. Where are you going this year?"

Lis walked rather slowly, feeling the warmth of the sun embrace her. She let her hands fall to her sides, glancing around at the flowers and birds that danced about. “So, school starts soon. Where are you going this year?” the male beside her started up a conversation, she slightly turned her head towards him, looking at him as she replied, with flushed cheeks. “Actually, I got a letter not long ago from W.N. Stormridge. There’s an opening ceremony tomorrow, which I intend on going to,” she said, kind of excitedly. “I can’t wait. It’s a great school - or so I’ve heard. Either way, I’m rather excited.”

She smiled. “What about you?” Subtly, she studied him with curiosity. I was right. He is cute, she triumphantly hummed in her head. Her ears blushed into a reddish pink color before she turned her head to look forward once again.

“Skylaaa... Skylaaa? SKYLAAAAA WAKE UP BRUDAH!” A miniature voice screamed as a small figure pounced on its prey. “SKYLAA, SKYLAA, SKYLA-“

“Ungh, Darcy I’m awa- Ungh, please sto-,” the prey known as Skylar groaned as it shifted from under the small aggressor, wiping its dreary eyes before sitting upright. “Bud I get it, I’m up now! What do you need?”

“You’ve been taking a nap all dayay, and a lettah just came in the mail for you! Mommy wants you to come and read it before you go out tonwight!” replied the predator named Darcy as he folded his arms, looking accusingly towards Skylar.

“Alright bud, I’ll go see what Mom has to say, I’ll just need to freshen up a bit.”

Seemingly satisfied, the young brother managed his way off the bed and headed down stairs. Taking extreme will to get out of bed, Skylar headed towards the shower.
—-

Skylar began lacing his shoes as he reflected on his new school. It was the third year in a row that he was going to a completely new school due to his father’s work, and he had no idea if he would be able to stay past this year either. On the bright side, at least this year everybody would be new. Sighing, Skylar stood up from his front porch, dropped his skateboard onto the ground, and began to skate towards the skatepark he had seen on the way to his new house.
—-

Deep in thought, Skylar skated around a corner to find a solemn couple taking a stroll around the block. “Honestly, people these days, it seems like all they are interested in is getting into relationships,” he muttered to himself as he skated around them. Moving faster towards the skatepark, he failed to recognize a girl around his age swiping at a phone until it was too late.

“Look out!” He panicked as he swerved to the side at the last second, tumbling into a well placed bush face first. Well that hurt, he thought as he shifted himself out of the bush and into a sitting position.

"Oh, what a coincidence!" Dylan chuckled, walking along with Lis. "I happen to be attending Stormridge this year as well. I guess we'll be seeing each other more often. I'm pretty pumped about it, too. I've heard great things about the school, so I would expect no less than a challenge." He glanced at her and found her trying to subtly look at him as well. Dylan chuckled and redirected his gaze to the stretch of concrete in front of him. She is cute, but I'd rather start out as good friends for now. No need to try anything too extreme.

Abby was in her own little word, grumbling about her game as she walked down the sidewalk. Occasionally, she would look up from her phone to make sure she wasn't The Pokemon on her currently on her screen was being rather difficult at being caught. Her pace slowed to a brisk walk as she gave the game her full attention. Just as she was about to throw the next ball, she hears some call out. Jerking her head up, Abby spots a boy riding a skateboard right towards her. She quickly jumped to the side opposite the direction of the boy and watched him crash into the bushes.

"Are you okay?" Abby asked as she rushed over to the skateboarder.

Y’know what, he doesn’t think of you that way, the little voice in her head promised to her. She was sort of upset - not that she wasn’t before, but she briskly brushed the matter away. “That’s lucky,” she replied quietly, burying her hands in her pockets and fiddling with a nickel that was lost ages ago. They walked for many silent moments, as Lis didn’t have very much to say.

After awhile, she spoke up. “He was really amazing - my dad, that is. He was a doctor, and a mighty fine one at that,” she began. “I was four years old when he got in the accident. I didn’t really know what it all meant, but I did know that I wasn’t gonna be growing up with a father figure anymore.” Lis was quiet as she bit her cheek, eyes stinging. “It was really hard, especially on... on the ‘bring your parents to school’ day,” she managed a weak smile. “But... I guess I learned to live with it, sorta - even though it seems like I’m not very good at it.” Lis added the last part of the sentence under her breath, staring at the sidewalk as they walked.

Dylan nodded silently as the two walked, listening to Lis reminisce about her father. "He must've been a great father. I really am sorry about what happened." Soon, the two arrived at a dead end in the sidewalk as a vast expanse of grass waved with the wind before them. It was quite a beautiful sight, seeing the assorted colors of flowers spread out in the sea of emerald. "Wow," Dylan breathed, marveling at the vivid, colorful scenery. As if this couldn't get more cliche.

Lis stepped forward a few more steps, a couple feet away from Dylan. The grass brushed against her bare legs as she closed her eyes, sighing silently with her hands at her side. Eyes still closed, she began to speak once again. “Thank you - for walking me here, and letting me go on about him. He would have liked you,” she concluded with a little nod, a smile growing on her face.

She opened her eyes, examining the scenery around her. She took off her jacket, let it drop to the grassy ground, and sat on it. Lis sprawled her legs out, holding herself up with her hands. A couple of flyaways from her ponytail tickled her forehead, but she paid no attention to them as she stared on at the flowers before her.

Dylan chuckled and nodded. "Anytime. Just doing what I can to help." He took a seat next to Lis on the grass and sprawled out one leg, bending the other. He watched the erratic swaying of the grass and flowers as they bent and danced in the wind, entranced by the sight. Birds flew around and sang out with shrill cries as they hovered above the field. "This really is a magical place." Dylan smiled as he glanced at Lis, who was staring at the flowers.

A few moments passed, and a shade of indigo begin to spill into the bright blue sky, signalling the approach of the evening. Dylan got up and sighed. "Well, it's starting to get dark out; we better get back to your house before our parents get worried, huh?" He held out a hand to Lis, offering to help her up from her spot on the grass, a warm smile on his face.

Lis glanced at Dylan from the corner of her eye as he stood up. She nodded, but stayed watching for a couple of seconds, before turning and taking his hand, standing up and grabbing her sprawled out coat.

The pair began the “journey” back to Lis’ home, pretty quietly. I’ve said enough, I don’t need to bother him more, she inwardly sighed. She fiddled with the button on her jacket’s arm cuff, suddenly taking an interest in it with not much else to do. God, I feel so awkward. He could totally tell that I was studying him, and now I’ve basically told him my childhood. Great, she groaned in her head. However, she kept a blank appearance, walking beside Dylan.

Dylan held the silence during the walk back to Lis's house, and it wasn't long until they arrived. Dylan opened the door to find his and Lis's mother still sitting at the table, engaged in deep conversation. Dylan's mother managed to notice her son out of her periphery and smiled at him, waving. "I see both of you are home. It's good that you didn't take longer, else we would've gotten worried." Dylan chuckled. "Yeah, it's started to get pretty dark out now." Audrey stood up and sighed. "Well, now that you two are back from your walk, I suppose we can finally get back home." She turned to Annabelle and gave her a quick hug, smiling warmly. "Oh, it was so good to see you again, Annabelle. We should meet again sometime. Come on, Dylan. Time to go." Dylan nodded and turned to Lis, a grin on his face. "It was nice to meet you, Lis," He said, offering a hand for her to shake. "I hope we become great friends." Audrey smiled and put a hand on her son's shoulder before slipping on her shoes and opening the door, stepping outside with Dylan behind. The latter turned around and waved good-bye to Lis, still smiling. "See you at the orientation tomorrow!"

Lis weakly waved, a sort of half smile on her face. The door closed behind the boy and his mother, and Lis sighed. Her mother turned to her. “How was your walk?” she asked, leaning against the doorframe. Lis shrugged. “He was really friendly. But, I feel like it was all pretty awkward. I dunno - oh, but it turns out we’re both going to Stormridge, which is pretty cool.”

Annabelle smiled. “Well, that’s nice to hear. I want you getting along with our neighbors,” she paused, “you should take a nap, honey. It’s a tough day today - also, Stormy is in your room, just letting you know.” Lis smiled, nodded, and turned to head upstairs. When she went into her room, sure enough, the grey and white cat was curled up on her bed. Immediately, as if she was pulled toward the sleepy animal, she began to run her hands through the soft fur of the cat, who replied with a “prrt” noise. Lis then changed from her dress into a pair of athletic shorts, and a sporty tank top. Finally, she laid down on her bed, close enough to Stormy so that she could pet him occasionally.

Dylan and his mother quietly made their way back home, which was about a 4 minute's work. Suddenly, amidst the silence, Audrey spoke up. "So, how's Lis?" Dylan chuckled. "She's nice. She's also pretty cute, but that was something I tried not to pry into due to the given circumstances. Oh, I also forgot to mention; she's going to Stormridge as well."
"Well, at least you already have a friend there. You'll get to know Lis better too."
"I guess so."
The two arrived home, and Dylan immediately made a beeline up the stairs to his room. He flopped on the bed, pulling out his phone and scrolling through social media. I wonder what it's gonna be like at school.

At the loveliest house on the block, lived the Michaels family. This family was quite rich, and the son of the father of the house, including the father, liked to indulge in matters with their own money, sometimes bragging or boasting how much money they have and are willing to spend. The son of the family, known as Sebastian, could be seen out in the backyard, reading his book. He's brushing up on the curriculum he might get thrown into in the school. His parents had bought him into the school, but he hated the way the school ran things. It was too aloof in his own opinion. He had reviewed the floor plan of the school numerous times to get to know the place, and now studying up on history, math, science, and grammar to better get through the school year. His parents were getting their son ready for the school year by picking out clothes for him to wear that are reasonable, and to stuff his backpack with all of his essentials.

After dusk started to set, the young boy got up, his white golf shorts and tee were as white as can be as he walked back inside. He walked upstairs after giving his parents a hug, putting his book down for once to allow the boy some hugs. He then walked back upstairs after his mother pecked him on the forehead and he saw his filled backpack and some nice dress clothes for the school day. The clothes were nice and formal, yet casual enough to not get picked on. His backpack was actually a satchel that matched his clothe's color scheme and he peeked inside his bag. Satisfied with what was put in there, he smiled a little and closed his door, getting ready for bed and sleeping early to get ready for the school day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, in a nice looking house, but definitely not as nice as the mansion, lived a young girl with her younger brother and her parents. The Langleys were all but ready for the day to start, but their daughter, not so much. They finally got her into a nicer school system, where she could get some friends, but they seemed to be completely oblivious to the fact that the reason why their sweet daughter hardly got any in the last school was because of her rude behavior. Angelica Langley, the bratty, yet sweet teenager, was stuffing her makeup essentials in her purse. She heard her door knock and she practically yelled through the locked door to leave her alone and that she was busy, assuming it was her brother. She was correct, but her brother yelled through the door, his prepubescent voice cracking a bit as he yelled.

"But, sissy! Mommy needs you!"

With that, the boy ran off, leaving the girl to sigh in frustration. She got up to see what her mother needed her for, unlocking her door and leaving her pink and girlified room. Her mother welcomed her with open arms, to which Angelica went into, but half hugged her back with not as much enthusiasm as her mother. Her mother caught on to this and asked her. "What's wrong, sweetie? Everything alright?"

"Yea.. I just don't see the point of going to this school if it's going to be the same as the last one."

"You need friends, honey. I don't know how you keep losing them, but whatever you were doing before, just keep doing it. If they just leave you like that, then-"

"I don't deserve them, I know..." said Angelica, afraid that her mother was going to catch on to her white lie. "Um... But are you able to drive me there?"

"Why, yes, honey. Anything for my little angel," replied Lydia, causing a groan of disgust from her daughter, to which Lydia thought was the cutest thing ever.

"Anyway, I'll be in my room."

"Wait, that thing I called you in for. I got you food. Taco Bell, to be exact," replied her mother, to which she held up a bag of the fast food.

"Thanks mom," said Angelica, taking the bag and then rushing off to her room to eat it all. Lydia just chuckled, as her husband came back home from work, greeting her with kisses on the cheek.

Meanwhile, Angel was chowing down on her gorditas, careful not to get any crumbs anywhere. After her meal was done, it was already dusk, and so she got her clothes planned out for the school day by laying them on the edge of her foot post on her bed. She then got everything ready for the school day in her purse and she relaxed in bed, getting into her pajamas and browsing her phone on social media. Neglecting her need for sleep for a bit, it quickly became late in the night, and she forgot to set her alarm for the day. Whoops. She fell asleep after 12 at midnight, her actions she'll regret in the morning.

A pair of yellow converse stepped enthusiastically into a nice, large home. The boy who wore them closed the door behind him before continuing into the kitchen, where his parents had texted him to meet them due to some 'amazing news'. Liam, the windswept blonde, had hoped that the news was important, because this was an interruption to his band's practice - the 4 other members awaiting in the guest house garage next door. Liam walked in to the marble kitchen to be greeted by his parents, who both held out a letter with huge grins on their faces.

The 15 year old's light brown eyes grew larger, as he knew exactly what was being displayed before him. He raced up to his parents and took hold of the letter, his eyes scanning the content. It indeed had been the acceptance letter from Stormridge High, one of the top schools in the district. He began laughing in an uncontrollable tone and embraced his parents in a hug as they congratulated him.

"You're a Serpent, baby!" His mother cheered.

"Congratulations, buddy. This is just the next step! This academy will teach you everything you need to know in order to keep on the family's success." His father, Calvin Young, had responded.

He was the founder and owner of YNG Clothing, a recent fashion brand that had exploded in popularity in the past couple of years. It was the main source of wealth within the Young family, and even though Liam wanted to become a singer professionally, his dad had not quite accepted the fact that his son was not interested in the business world. Liam had slightly rolled his eyes at his father's comment while embraced in a hug, but kept a bright smile on his face.

"This is crazy!" He exclaimed, before coming to a realization. "Wait... Orientation is tomorrow - it's already 7:00! I need to get ready. Let me go tell everyone and I'll get set for tomorrow. Love you guys!" The boy called before jogging out of his home.

Upon arriving to the large open garage of the guest house, Liam explained the news to the group of older teens. Liam was the youngest in the band, and aside from him there were four other members; a boy and girl aged 16, and another boy and girl aged 17. The band held the name "U-Six", as there was another girl the same age as Liam who was the other main vocalist, but she had left the band due to moving away - leaving the group at five members. Joshua, the main guitarist, was 17 y/o and already a Junior at Stormridge, so thankfully there would be at least one familiar face around.

Liam then went back home, made a couple posts on social media about how stoked he was for the next day (as kids do), and had set out an outfit for the orientation. The actual school would begin a couple days following after, and normally Liam would dread the school year beginning. However, he was suddenly feeling pretty good about his freshman year, and was looking forward to it.

(And God spoke upon the world, "Let the RP breathe life once more", and lo and behold, it became so.)

After a few more minutes of scrolling through social media, which consisted of posts from most of Dylan's friends sulking about the upcoming start to the new school year, Dylan got up from his bed and stretched, getting ready to go to sleep after noticing that it was getting quite late into the night. He brushed his teeth thoroughly for about 2 minutes, rinsed his mouth, and washed his face. After changing into a white tee and black athletic shorts, Dylan flopped back onto his bed and buried his face into the pillow, slowly falling into a deep slumber.

Time-Skip, August 4th, Saturday at 9:00 A.M.

The shrill sound of an alarm pierced through the morning silence that filled Dylan's bedroom. The teen mumbled something better not said clearly and reached for his alarm clock, missing it several times before managing to turn off the alarm. He crawled out of bed and stood up groggily, yawning as he ran a hand through his wild bedhead. Dylan sighed to himself briefly before getting ready for the upcoming orientation, brushing his hair, washing his face, changing into a more acceptable outfit, all that jazz. Now in a white tee and khaki pants, he headed down the stairs into the living room, where a steaming hot bowl of white rice and a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and a stack of dried seaweed sat on the dining table. "Mornin', Mom," Dylan called out quite brightly, contrary to his attitude several minutes prior. He sat down and dug into his breakfast, excited for the event that awaited him. He was also excited to meet up with Lis, the girl he had met yesterday, hoping to get to know her better. Soon, it was 9:45, and the teenager's mother shooed him out of the building, scolding, "You're gonna be late! Hurry up!" Dylan laughed and complied, heading to his car and driving to the campus he often passed by on other trips. He parked his car in the lot in front of the Stormridge Auditorium, easy to distinguish due to the two words plastered in big, bold letters along the top. Dylan entered the building and took a seat in the middle area, sinking into the cushioned chairs as he waited for the orientation to start.

Last edited:
Lis woke up early. Like, four o’clock in the morning, early. The reason was unknown to herself, even. Simply, she slid out of her bed and crawled into her little window perch, where she spent a fair amount of time watching the sun rise. By the time the sun had crept up, illuminating all it touched, it was nearly six. Lis internally groaned, wishing it was later. She felt much better since yesterday, and had an eargerness to get on with the day. However, she didn’t budge and continued to watch the sun fully rise above her. When Lis finally decided to slip from her seat, it was 7 o’clock. She exited her fairly large room, navigated the halls, and stepped into the bathroom, where she stripped down and began her routine; consisting of a shower, a thorough hair drying, a touch of makeup, and getting dressed.

After heading back to her room, wearing a soft towel clinging to her lovely frame, she opened her closet in search for a pretty outfit for the school-day. She rummaged through a couple different things before pulling a hanger from the mess of clothes. On it hung a white romper, decorated in exotic floral patterns. It was shoulder-less with fairly long sleeves, and a white ribbon was tied around it as a belt. Shrugging to herself, Lis dropped the towel, put on her undergarments, and slipped into the article of clothing. It complemented her eyes kindly, and gave her an overall pretty look - sure to give her a good first impression to most. Lis walked back into the bathroom, and began untangling her wet hair.

It took some effort, but she dried and combed through the silver mess. Neatly, she twisted her swept bangs back into two separate braids - one on each side. Then, she tied them and the rest of her hair into a fairly high ponytail, and ended up curling it, too. With a couple swipes of mascara, she looked friendly and cute, and stepped out of the bathroom. Lis picked up her phone, which was on her bed. 9:29. She spent a great deal of time on her appearance.

Grabbing a small, brown hand bag, she dropped her phone in it and hustled down the stairs. When she walked into the rather grand kitchen, a bright sticky note lay on the counter. Written in French, the note read, “So sorry I couldn’t be with you today. You’ll do great, my butterfly.” Lis smiled. Her mother was a very busy woman, so it came to no surprise that she had to miss today. She wandered around the pantry for a moment before snatching a granola bar and heading towards the door. She slipped into a pair of birkenstocks. Lis made sure the doors were locked before leaving, and stepping into her car, which was parked in the large driveway.

In a meager few minutes, Lis turned into the parking lot of the school, found an empty space, and parked. She, once again, locked the doors after stepping out, purse in hand. Before she knew it, she was in the auditorium, seating herself in a random spot near the middle. She recognized nobody around her, but when she turned around, she found herself facing none other than Dylan Sage. “Oh, hi,” she said with a smile on her face. She nearly forgot that he, too, would be attending this school.

Dylan sighed and checked his wrist-watch. Still 9:53. I don't know how to kill the time. Maybe I should have come later. However, despite his current dilemma, the teenager was quite excited for the new school year. Stormridge was a state renowned school, known well for its large success in academics, so he was eager to see what kind of challenge the campus would provide. Dylan had enrolled in multiple Advanced Placement classes like AP World History, AP Biology, and he had selected band as his choice of music education. Since middle school, he had been quite a proficient euphonium player, and it was rather exciting to find out what kind of music he would be playing in high school. However, Dylan's daydreaming was cut short as he heard a familiar voice in front of him. The teen looked towards the source of the voice, and he ended up staring into the eyes of Lis Fifer herself. He grinned back and waved. "Hey! It's good to see you."

Lis rubbed the back of her neck, glancing around. “This place is really full, huh?” she continued, a bit nervously. It had only just then dawned on her that this was the place she would be living in for the next few years. She turned her eyes back to Dylan. “What classes do you wanna take? I’m gonna spend as much time as I can in art and music - vocals, that is.” She also planned on spending a lot of time with art, volleyball, and basketball. Overall, there was a variety of things she’d like to do.

Last edited:
Dylan chuckled softly at Lis's remark, grinning. "It really is. I honestly wasn't expecting so many people." He leaned back in his seat and glanced at the stage before answering her question. "That's cool. I'm thinking of focusing on more challenging academic classes; AP Bio, AP Euro History, all that good stuff. Gotta build that GPA for college, right?" He added the last part with a laugh. "I'm thinking of taking band the entire 4 years. Been playing the euphonium since 6th grade. My audition for band placement is today after the orientation, so fingers crossed I get top band." He smiled once more and glanced at Lis. She is pretty cute, I have to say, even though I can't; it's much too early. Yet..

“Oh, I’m rotten at History,” she laughed. “Actually, tryouts for the separate choir group is after orientation, too. It’s a group of ten boys and ten girls, and if you make it, you get to go on special trips to perform in different locations. I intend on trying out,” Lis continued. “Wanna try and meet up after our auditions?” The girl slightly perked her head to the side, a semi-curious glance in her eyes.

After a bit more chit chat, Lis turned around, barely sinking in her seat. She pulled out her phone from her handbag. On it, rather bored, she scrolled through social media, catching up with friends from years ago that she hadn’t bothered to meet up with.

Dylan laughed along with Lis upon her remark. As the two kept talking, the teen heard Lis bring up the idea of meeting up after their respective auditions. He smiled and nodded. "Of course, I'd love to!" After more chatting, the two quickly fell into silence, and Dylan checked his wristwatch, relieved to find that it was now 10:13, meaning that the orientation was bound to start any minute. Suddenly, the red curtains on the stage opened to reveal a man with a microphone, a smile on his face. "Welcome, future Serpents! My name is James Corinth, and I am the Headmaster here at Warren Newhill Stormridge High School. This is... quite the prestigious school among the others, and the teachers here have a high expectation of your academic prowess. Our school is known for our success, and most of if not all of our accolades are results of your efforts and ambitions. I am extremely excited to see what every single one of you bring to the table, and once more, welcome to Stormridge High!" Dylan cheered along with the other students, applauding with them as well. "When you leave the auditorium, there will be a row of tables with the PTA handing out your agenda, school supplies, schedule, and other important documents for you to pick up. You will be split into different lines varying on the first letter of your last name; A-K or L-Q, for example. Now, you will meet the leaders of all the clubs, along with our StuCo, who will tell you more about the social aspects of this campus." (Probably gonna timeskip through the last part)

Students began to get up from their seats. Standing up as well, she meekly followed a tall boy who seemed to know where he was going. Where he, unknowingly, led her was a group of people with lots of diversity scattered throughout it. Lis gave herself a reassuring finger cross.

The next thing she knew, the group was being addressed by the Student Council, who encouraged them to campaign and help the school become a better environmental building. Personally, Lis wasn’t a huge fan of being very relied on to improve ‘the learning experience.’ She glanced around, and noticed the tall boy that she had trailed was looking at her from his peripheral. Lis gave him a friendly smile, and he quickly cleared his throat and whipped his glance towards the StuCo. There was a stern expression on his face, but he appeared to be sort of flustered. Lis dropped the smile, sort of confused, and paid attention back to StuCo. The next several minutes, Lis found herself half-listening to what each group had to say to them. At one point, the separate choir, simply called the Serpentiers, had come before the group and explained what they did and why. Lis paid close attention to what they explained. However, she tuned the rest out rather quickly.

Dylan found himself separated with Lis as he merged with other new students who seemed to be taking band as well. The group came across the Band Officers for the new school year, and the Band President led the presentation. The list of officers consisted of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Spirit Captain, and Crew Captains. The Stormridge Marching Band was known as the Serpent Stride, and the group was able to meet the band directors: The head director Mr. Magnus and assistant directors Mrs. Evelyn and Mr. Kenneth. Dylan paid close attention to the presentations made by the groups he was particularly interested in, and soon, the group presentations were all concluded. Dylan made his way to the lines that formed in front of the PTA desks and received his schedule, agenda, and other school necessities before heading out into the lobby area of the auditorium. He looked around, keeping an eye out for Lis, as he wanted to talk to her for a little more before they both left for their respective music auditions.

Eventually, the events came to an end, and students clamored as they began to file in lines. Lis quietly followed them, received her supplies, and glanced around. She stood near the tables, close to the wall as she stared down at each slip of paper. She bit the inside of her cheek before finishing reading, folding the papers up, and neatly stuffing them into her bag. Truthfully, she hoped to get a few words in with Dylan before her audition.

Wandering around, Lis peeked into different rooms. She found herself in the lobby, eyes traveling around the room. It didn’t take long for her to spot him, and her eyes lit up as she saw him.