[img align=right]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Linkachu166/HGSSScreenShot-1.png[/img] The Official Japanese Pokemon Website has finally updated their Heart Gold and Soul Silver page to reveal images and tid-bits of information previously mentioned in Coro Coro magazine. Included is new artwork for the Johto Starters and Ho-oh/Lugia, artwork of the playable characters, and various screen shots. Nothing new, but still worth a look. Check out the comment jump for the images.
To recap what we already know:
- The PokeGear has been redesigned and will now be displayed on the bottom touch screen with the click of the X or Start buttons.
- Starter Pokemon follow behind the hero outside their PokeBalls ala Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow. To what extent this feature will be utilized has yet to be fully stated.
- Much like FR/LG, 3D locational artwork will briefly be displayed upon entering a new area.
- Confirmed: The Pikachu-colored Pichu will unlock an event involving the Notched-eared Pichu near the Ilex Forest Shrine.
- The female player character ("Soul") is not the same girl from Crystal as many had initially expected, instead being a brand new character entirely.
And I think that's it. If anyone has extra information to add, let me know.