• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hiatus ahoy!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Arrived in Florida today (at Disney World again - we pretty much live here) and won't be freely available for much site stuff until I'm back home on the 14th. I have my iPad handy though so I'll be lurking when I can. ^^

Last edited:
As mentioned in my profile page and my signature, I am trying to do a role-playing story for my X game (as a continuation for my Black 2 & Heart Gold games), but today I've decided to go on a temporary hiatus on the forums and my games for several reasons.

Lately, my plans for my story and the development and dynamics for both the characters and pokémon in my game are turning into a hot mess, and after seeing today's XY anime episode, and seeing how the show's especially improving on the quality of the characters and interactions, it made me realize that I'm starting to get stale, predictable, constantly arguing with myself, and breaking my own rules. I want to try and improve my story so that characters are fully developed, the plot and pacing are good, and the dynamics are great.

On top of that, I've been procrastinating with stuff outside of pokémon due to the games, forum websites, etc., which also another reason why I'm struggling with fully developing my story and characters. So, I'm going to start my hiatus off by first getting my life back into order, after which I'll start working on developing Dale's story, the characters, plot elements, and additional projects that I want to try and work on such as three new X & Y trainer cards that I thought of earlier this week and I want to try and post soon on my thread.

So, after today, this is the last anyone may see me for a while, but rest assured I will return . . .

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Hiatus for the next 2-3 weeks or so because of finals approaching. Don't worry, I'll still post int herps, though my presence in chat will be considerably less. If you ever need me, just drop me a PM or a message on my profile and I'll try to get back to you ASAP~

Finals week is coming up, so I probably won't be back on until the middle of this month. Hope I don't miss anything exciting, but knowing my luck, I probably will. :(

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Right, going home for two weeks starting today.. Will be back on January 4th. As always, will still be on site and on chat periodically, but won't be able to do anything technical.

At this moment in time I'm thinking it's going to be permanent, but I'll say indefinite just in case but from the 4th January, I'm leaving Charms. Main reason being is I don't feel like I really fit in anymore and I to be honest don't feel that I'm liked that well. So bowing out for now, I'll see some of you around elsewhere on the internet maybe.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Another one of my school ones, starting tomorrow. But since I won't be bringing my laptop, I probably won't be online as much either as a result. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track with my grades and whatnot this semester and I'll be posting and visiting a lot more during the summer, but until then... see ya. ^^;

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I am off to Canada from Tuesday 28th January until some point 2-3 weeks later. We're not sure exactly since it's a work trip for Richard (my husband), and he can't be certain how long the project he's working on will take to complete.

I am sure I'll be around on chat at least (not sure about the forum - depends how fast the hotel wifi is), but not as much as usual, and probably at different times to normal.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
We experienced a sudden loss in the family yesterday morning and after giving it much debate, I think I need to make myself scarce for a bit after all. I'll likely still be lurking around but very sorry if someone sends me a PM or posts on my profile and I don't reply for a week or two. I'll try my best not to be AWOL for too long. :)

Aimee

Bacon Fairy
So this weekend I'm going to a convention, and then when I get home I'm going to be finally moving out of the ex's place! However this means I won't have internet for a few weeks.....I have some bills to make sure get paid and then I'll be able to dedicate money to the interwebs . It will be a slow transition and I'm moving the computer last for obvious reasons so it should be a while before I full on vanish until I can save monies but giving you all a fair heads up.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As of this evening, I'm going to be away from home until March 25th. During that time period I'll likely be lurking the site but will not be readily available to respond to PMs and such. Anything urgent would be best directed towards another staff member. Thanks! :)

As of midnight tonight, I will be on a definite hiatus until the middle of May at the very most. For the next few weeks, I've got a number of things to deal with such as final projects, final exams, graduating from college, making sure I have a job and a place to stay for the summer, planing on projects to work on for the summer, etc. I may still be on occasionally today, but this will definitely be the last you'll see or hear from me for a while as soon as the clock strikes twelve (Eastern time for those of you in the Pacific coast)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
As of midnight tonight, I will be on a definite hiatus until the middle of May at the very most. For the next few weeks, I've got a number of things to deal with such as final projects, final exams, graduating from college, making sure I have a job and a place to stay for the summer, planing on projects to work on for the summer, etc. I may still be on occasionally today, but this will definitely be the last you'll see or hear from me for a while as soon as the clock strikes twelve (Eastern time for those of you in the Pacific coast)
Good luck with everything :)

I will be away starting June 20th for 9 1/2 weeks, ill be working at my boy scout camp and I wont be able to get on the net at all, ill be back sometime in August

Starting tomorrow, I'll be on a week-long study tour trip through Vermont and New Hampshire meeting children's book authors and illustrators. I may be online every so often to check updates, but for the most part I'll be offline

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Currently not in Canada and will be fairly occupied by a bunch of crazy people until I return back home (</3) on July 9th. It's likely best directing site-related questions at a different staff member in the meantime. :)

voidaquariums

Formerly Luxray901
This isn't ENTIRELY a hiatus, but I won't be as active between 8/16-8/28 I'm going to be at my mom's parents' house in Moldova, and before anyone asks, it's tiny and near Ukraine.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I shall be in Germany and Austria from tomorrow while Saturday, so I won't be around or able to check my messages and such. See you all soon :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
From August 20th to August 31st I'll be away from home without easy access to a PC. I'll have my phone and iPad with me, so I won't be completely cut off from Pokecharms, but any important website or staff-related questions would be best sent to other staff members. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My laptop decided to have a seizure last night so I'll be MIA on both the forums and chat until I get the damn thing fixed or replaced. :/

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Gone to Florida, likely laptopless, for most of next week to attend a wedding. After that I have, yet again, finals and the like. I'll likely still be around with my phone and stuff, but don't expect me to be online 24/7 like I am now. Those who have my number should be able to contact me, regardless; those who don't but would like it can leave me a PM and depending on how close I am to you I may or may not give it to you XD

With the Holiday season coming up, I'm more than likely going to take a hiatus from Pokécharms for a while. Not only am I going to be busy with all things Christmas related such as spending time with my family & buying/making gifts, but there also a few things I need to get done such as trying to find a job & work on a few additional projects (including my Nega-Mega evolution requests). At the most, I'll come back to wish everyone a Merry Christmas & a Happy Boxing Day, but I'll more than likely stay away from Pokécharms until after New Year. So, for now, Happy Holidays & I'll see everyone in January

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Well, I'll be Cruising from this Thursday night on, (As I'll be driving a bit to go to my port),so I won't be online, as they charge for internet. I'll hopefully be back by the 20th, or around that time.

Last edited:

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
So it's Spring Break now, and I'm headed off to Utah (which is the farthest from Hawai'i you can get) and so I will either be off or non-active the whole week until Next Monday :( yay, spending time with cousins that are either girls, 5 years old or like 17-20. The upside of having all of the cousins your age be girls is that They have hot friends who live right next to where you're staying they leave you alone most of the time. XDD

Yes, I know I've been really bad about updating in this thread, but I promise I'll be a good boy from now on :angel:

Anyway, from tomorrow until Monday, I'll be entirely or almost entirely absent from 'Charms due to a lack of available Internet. And why is that, you may ask? Well, it's Band Trip Week, so I'll be in New Orleans for several days! Definitely looking froward to all the museums and tours!

Tomorrow night I'm driving down to Kentucky and Florida to see family, and I might be on for the Florida part, but I won't be on for at least a week while I'm in Kentucky. Bai friends.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heads up that I will be largely away on vacation from, err, yesterday until September 6th. I'll likely still be poking about the site on occasion but not in a notable capacity. See you guys on the 6th! ^^

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I am accidentally on hiatus! Went to Toronto to meet my new boyfriend-from-the-internet in person, but the wifi in our room is beyond terrible. I've had to come down to the hotel lobby to post this.

Shifty says, "Without internet, we have had to find other ways to amuse ourselves. Surprisingly, the TV hasn't been turned on yet."

I'll be back for sure on Friday 11th September when I get home.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Brb for the next 8 days or so! It's vacation time again. ^_^

I'll likely be lurking a bit, as usual, but questions about anything related to the site will be better directed at other staff members until December 7th. :)

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Not that I'm all that active anyway, but I'll be in Scotland for a whole week, so I won't be around all that much in the month of February.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Gonna be relatively inactive from now until the end of the school year; it's crunch time and I really don't have the time or energy to be as active as I have been.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Technically should have mentioned this last Thursday but going to be largely busy/on vacation until September 5th. I'll be poking around in the meantime but not regularly. ^^

I'm going to try and stay away until either the 21st or the 22nd. Since my grad school assignments are piling up & I need prepare for the CTN Animation Expo, I'm going to have to quit Pokécharms for a while. See you guys in a few weeks. ;P

Starting from tomorrow I'm not going to be active on this site. I don't know how long I'll be gone, or it will be as long as the last hiatus I took (which was a couple of months I believe). Heck, there's a even a small chance that this could be a 'gone for good' hiatus, hence why I'm stay for one more day, just incase people want to talk or something (not that anyone will). IDK.
Anyway, the reason for this hiatus is because I'm having another episode of, um, depression? I don't know what I'd call it, but I'm feeling really down, unmotivated, and just all-round shitty in general. I blame 99% on art or creative-related reasons, as per usual. So I'm trying to stay away from any site that is remotely art-related, and Pokecharms happens to be one of those places, due to the Creative Corner and creative-minded community.
I know it sounds silly, but seeing other people's art just makes me jealous of them, and hate my own art. I mean, there are even other artists on this site that make me jealous and loathe my own art, because their art looks amazing compared to my bland, emotionless, stiff, eye-gougingly painful so-called 'art'.
Another reason I'm taking this hiatus is because I don't feel wanted on this site anymore. I feel like my run on Pokecharms is finally up, that this old dog should be finally put to rest.
Lets face it, my art just feels old and stale, and I feel as if people on here just don't care for it anymore. Why would they though, when you've got users on here that do these colourful, lively drawings, and seem to upload them on a daily basis. Compare that to my dull shit, that I only upload like, once every few weeks maybe? Of course people are going to move on to better, younger artists.
I mean, I bet if I deleted every single artwork I've created, no one would even notice, because who the hell would remember 'that person who created shitty art'. No one, obviously.

Anyway, I'm just going to stop now since this has kinda turned into a vent post.
So'll be on here for one more day, and then I'll be gone for an indefinite period of time.
Bye guys.

Tl;dr: Will be leaving the site for an unknown amount of time due to depression and whatnot.