• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Hero High - Semester 1

Amalia woke up from her slumber around a quarter before seven o'clock, which was a bit earlier than she put her alarm to, but figured that she could get up from bed already and start her day. Her body was still tired from the Bronze tier entrance exam, and waited for her test results to see if she had improved any from her last exam. The room was still dark, so the ginger haired girl assumed that both of her roommates were still asleep, so she tried her best to ready and leave as silently as possible. She changed her clothes from her pajamas to a t-shirt with a popular sports brand logo on it and to a pair of leggings, quickly brushed her hair and put it in a loose ponytail. She also grabbed her water bottle, phone and wireless bud earphones (so that she could listen to music while training) and left the bronze tier dorms.

The ginger haired girl was on her way to train a bit for herself. She started doing it about halfway through her last year to try and improve herself and her powers faster and her plan was to continue it on her second year too. Her plan was to try to train her powers for at about an hour or more .When Amalia did her training was very inconsistent, as it was determined by when she had time to train. Sometimes she trained early in the morning and sometimes even late in the evening. She walked over to the lake that the Bronze dorms were built around and looked for a bigger rock or a tree to make her 'opponent' and it didn't take long until she found a decently sized tree near the lake. Amalia's training session was about an hour long and it consisted mostly of some quick warm-ups and then some 'repetition' training. It mostly meant that she repeated her some of her more noteworthy skills that she either learned at the end of her first year or even during the summer, which mostly related to ice and controlling it.

An hour went by quickly and the ginger haired girl returned back to the Bronze cabins. Her body felt tired and the aching in her body felt like it had doubled, but somehow also energized at the same time. She showered quickly in the community bathrooms and went over to the dining hall to get some breakfast. A sudden reminder popped up in her head and that was the boot camp she and her fellow Bronze tier students were supposed to go to, but luckily Amalia had packed most of her stuff the evening before. Just as she sat down at one of the tables, the ginger haired girl noticed that Drake was also in the dining hall.

"Hey Drake. Over here," She said, raising her voice a bit and waving her hand towards the scruffy haired student. At the same time her phone pinged, which she opened and checked what the notification was about, and it turned out that the entrance exams results came in.

Amalia Lumi Ek
Strength - 2
Speed - 2
Intelligence - 3
Power - 3
Technique - 4
Adaptability - 3
Cooperation - 3

Over all the was pretty happy with her results, but she knew that she had a long way to go if she wanted to continue improving herself.

Drake was just about to make his way out of the dinning hall when a familiar voice called out to him. Looking over, he could see Amalia waving to him from a nearby table. Drake grinned back at the ginger haired girl, putting away his dirty plate before joining her.
"Well, good morning." Drake said, sliding into a seat from across Amalia. "Today's the big day, huh? The start of the boot camp."
It was at that moment that Drake noticed Amalia had her phone out. No doubt she had gotten her test scores back as well.
"You got your test results back? How did you do?" Drake asked. "You don't need to tell me if you don't want to."

Adrian's sleep was silent and blissful. It would have been longer if it were not for his custom alarm clock. given his powers constantly draining sound regular chimes or even vibrations wouldn't be enough to wake him. Instead, he had a small piece of wire tied to his ears that would shock him awake. No matter how many times he did it before, the zap would always startle him. Today was no different. He leaped out of and landed on his backside. Taking a moment to recuperate, Adrian thought of what he needed to do today. apparently was the day the students were to begin their training and get there scores. Adrian quickly got dressed in his boring school uniform and dash to the field. The training was exhausting, but fun. He had his chances to run around, punch stuff with sonic booms, and overall feel like he was doing something worthwhile.

Having finished he doused himself with a few water bottles and moved to the bronze cafeteria. He grabbed as much food as was allowed and, upon seeing Drake and Amalia, walked over to them. "The first day of being a hero. I say it went well." he stuffed his mouth with ham while he was talking. Luckily he had the courtesy to cover his mouth. "I'm sure after the bigwigs see how good I was doing they'll boost me all the way to gold". As if on cue Adrian's phone rang and displayed the results.

Adrian Araponga Tai
Strength - 5
Speed - 1
Intelligence - 1
Power - 2
Technique - 1
Adaptability - 2

He almost spat out his ham. "WHAT?! That's total bull!". He reread his results. A one in speed and intelligence. Adrian always thought he was way better than that. Like a private jet that's also killer at chess. And technique had to be an outright lie. He remembered screaming cool ability names and even stylishly pulled off poses. At least strength was where it should be, but since the rating did not go to double digits it didn't look as cool as he wanted. "I bet they lowered the scores just cause I'm still in bronze, there's no way I'm this bad."

Aria listened to Ajax with interest before Aerospear began handing out assignments and the agenda.

~Next Day~

Aria awoke with a slight headache but it was to be expected from the previous day’s tests, luckily it was minor enough that she was able to largely ignore it, the pain being a minor annoyance at most. She was glad that it was not as severe as she thought but she still packed her medication and injector into her bag before she really did anything else. She took a shower in a much too glamorous stall that had a wall of glass and water sprayed her from pretty much all sides, it was exuberant and something she never got used to but she enjoyed it nonetheless. She checked her e-mail on her computer before heading out and saw that the test results from yesterday’s assessment tests.

Aria Vovk
Strength - 3
Speed - 4
Intelligence - 5
Power - 5
Technique - 4
Adaptability – 4

Nothing out of the ordinary and to be expected, the school’s grading system is quite similar compared to the system she’s used to from the Institute, so she was no stranger to such tests. She dressed herself and slipped onto her bag and exited her room, she didn't have a hero costume but rather preferring her usual attire over anything flashy or excessive. When she entered the common room she saw Ajax and Tyler already there. She smiled at them and waved shyly. “So how’d you all do? Everything up to your own standards? Or was there some unexpected surprises? Nice costume Ajax.” She added seeing him all geared up and ready.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Aisha listened to Drake's explanation, her mind spinning. She had waved aside the previous joke, a power like that would not belong in Bronze Tier. She thought back to his words. How interesting, and he's also a first year. Before she could open her mouth and respond, as she was heavily lost in thought, Aerospear passed by and headed inside. She nodded her head in apology before following her inside.

-Timeskip-

She woke up when her alarm blared, her eyes opened to gaze above. After a few seconds of lying still, she moved to turn off the alarm. She winced at her slightly sore muscles, the result of yesterday's grading exam, as she got up from bed. She had dealt with worse before, thanks to her training regime. Aside from the slight ache, she felt refreshed thanks to the night of sleep and the shower she had taken yesterday. After she made her bed, she headed over to the closet and put on her hero costume. It was hanging near the front of the closet, as she treasured it greatly. She slipped it on and went further in to grab a purse of hers. One of the flaws of the costume was that it had no pockets. She walked back to the front of her dorm room, ready to depart when her phone dinged. She looked down at the notification, surprised that the results were out. She unlocked her phone and read as she began her walk to the common room.

Aisha Frye
Strength - 4
Speed - 4
Intelligence - 4
Power - 3-5 (depends on form)
Technique - 4
Adaptability - 5

She supposed it was right. She had been in Gold Tier for a while, and her training regime helped. She knew that her human form wasn't overly muscular, but she was fit. Not to mention, the many books she had spent hours, days, or even weeks analyzing. She was a quick reader, also credible to her childhood after she had outgrown her toys and had turned to books. While she could thank her parents for raising her to be a successful person, she had hoped they would've been more interactive. She paused as she stepped out of the elevator. The doors closed behind her while she was lost in thought. However, she didn't reminisce for long. Now was not the time to think of her past. She would have to keep her focus, a clear mind helped her power function better. She allowed a relaxed, unbothered look to take her face as she entered the common room. Instead of joining a conversation, she looked through her phone. She wasn't sure if she could muster up a decent sentence at the moment.

Tyler nodded and smiled when Aria stepped out into the common room and asked about the test. His golden blond hair became uneven again when he turned to her direction, but he didn’t care. “Yeah, I’m pretty happy with the results. Gotta 5 in strength,” he said as he punched his fist into his palm, “Probably from my powers or my training. Something like that.” He frowned afterwards, and sighed. “The thing that I’m confused about is the whole strength V.S. Power thing. Are they measuring your strength without powers, or are they measuring them with powers. Or is power measuring your powers strength?”
Tyler laughed at himself for a brief moment before smiling. “Maybe this is why I scored a 3 on intelligence. I was homeschooled.”

Ajax smiled as Aria approached
“Why thank you, I just had it re-fitted. The testing actually went pretty well I guess, got a 4 in technique and a 5 in adaptability. Probably because of this...” The Gold Tier student fidgeted with his gauntlets for a second before his fists began to glow. In an instant he launched them forward with open hands. Rather than firing off a beam of intense energy the energy seemed to arc outwards and form a makeshift barrier. “Energy shield. The gauntlets project an energy framework which my beams naturally flow into. It works kinda of like the holograms do except I’m filling it with high power cosmic energy rather than just light.” Ajax reabsorbed the energy and switched off his gauntlets. “Are you guys ready for some actual Hero work? Seems a bit intimidating if I’m honest. But hey we’re the best of the best right?”

“I do believe the strength is calculated without powers, so I’m guessing it’s raw physical strength with no power influences, I only scored a 3 in strength,” Aria laughed lightly, “I think a 3 isn’t too terrible, I was also home-schooled, so I’m right there with you.” Aria turned to Ajax, “Well, you look very nice in your suit. I’m sure your nerves will calm right back down once we get started, I mean… assuming you took your training to heart your instincts will take over and serve you well.” Aria winced slightly in pain as her headache spiked in pain for an instant before going back to its low steady pain.

Drake managed a small grin and nodded when Adrian plopped down at the table. He had to admit, Drake found the African American's over the top bragging to be rather funny. At the very least, the guy's total confidence in himself was pretty inspiring. Adrian's phone went off, and Drake flinched as the other bronze nearly choked on his food. He looked over Adrian's shoulders to take a glance at the scores, and felt an unusual simultaneous feeling of surprise and pity. Surprise from the 5. Adrian had scored a 5 in strength?! How strong was this guy? And more unusual was the rest off Adrian's scores. all 1s and 2s, but mostly 1s. Massive oof.

Drake patted Adrian's back.
"Hey, it's okay man. We all got things we need to work on. I mean, if we were perfect, we wouldn't be in school." Drake said. Still, ones and twos, that really stunk. "Plus, you're not the only one that didn't do so hot. I mean, check my grades out."
With that, Drake turned his phone to Adrian to show the other student his own grades.
"My power got stuck at one. At least you got a two." Drake said, trying to help Adrian feel better.

Amalia looked up and saw that her two roommates had seated themselves beside the hydrokinetic student. Like Drake, Amalia looked at Adrian's test score and had mixed emotions of the test results that African American student got. She was impressed but she also felt pity for Adrian.

"Yeah," she said to Drake trying to reassure his statement, "The ones and twos just mean that we can work on ourselves to be better," the ginger haired girl continued and tried to say it in an encouraging way. Truth be told, Amalia's first test results in hero high weren't too pretty to look at, or that's what she thought of them, so in a way she could relate to her roommates

Amalia glanced over at her scores and felt that she could trust her roommates enough to share her scores.

She turned to face both Drake and Adrian and showed her test results from her phone.
"Eh, well.. I'm pretty happy with my scores, though I still want to improve on them" she began and gave a small nervous chuckle, "How about you Drake? How did you do on your test?"

Drake nodded at Amalia's test results. It looked like they ranked the Finnish girl as being all-around pretty good, with her strength being in technique. Thinking about it, Amalia said she was, what, Hydrokinetic? She could control water. You could do a lot with that, so it seemed like she knew how to use her power pretty well. Drake supposed he'd get to see all she could do soon. Speaking of see all Amalia could do, Drake began to wonder. Was there going to be combat classes here? Probably, since they were training to be heroes. That had been the main reason he had joined, after all. More for being able to fight people with powers, rather than be a hero. But hey, he might as well become one while he was here, right?

Amalia's question snapped Drake out of his thoughts. With a small grin, he showed Amalia his test results as well.
"I'm a little confused about my test results, if I'm gonna be honest. I scored higher in Intelligence than in Strength or Speed, which I wasn't expecting. And I think the twos in Strength and Speed are a little harsh. But the 1 in Power I completely understand. Kinda hard to score good in a section you haven't, uh... 'studied' for, right? And even though I scored a 1 in Power, they seemed to like how I used it."
Drake shrugged before putting his phone back into his pocket and rubbing his eyes. He had just had breakfast, and he was already feeling kind of tired.
"Did Orion tell us yesterday who was going to be leading us in the boot camp? Do either of you know?" Drake asked, looking from Amalia to Adrian.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Aisha continued to scroll through her phone, her eyes darting across the screen as she read an article about cats. Her parents would send her information on animals a few times or once a week ever since she was little. Though she already knew most of the information they sent, she still read the articles. She smiled sadly as she clicked backed onto her messages. Over her years, she had made many and lost many friends. Though she had many texts from her friends, especially in the group chats, the only texts she had gotten from her parents recently were the articles and reminders for the training regime. With a sigh, she hit the power button on her phone, letting it rest before she set it down. Though they hadn't left yet, she began to do some stretches. One could never be too ready, and fewer people were likely to converse with her if they saw her stretching.

“I mean yeah I guess ur right” Ajax mumbled, he had rambled once more and was probably making a fool of himself. Before he became too engrossed in his ever-unravelling internal monologue Aerospear entered the common area. For the first time in over three years since she’d accepted the position at Hero High, the Whirlwind Hero was wearing her hero costume. The thirty-one-year-old wore a skin-tight white bodysuit with silver circuit designs. Her boots and gloves bore similar designs, Snow White with polished metal finishes, while a pair of lustrous magazines sat on each of her hips. Completing the outfit is a simple face mask, consisting of a sky blue tinted visor and respirator.
“Alright everyone, quiet down. As you would already be aware your preliminary assessment scores have been posted if your scores aren’t what you were hoping they’d be then don’t worry. There’ll be another round after we get back from the island. Speaking of which I believe it is time I finally reveal to you your assignments for the next two weeks. There's sixteen of you in Gold this semester, the groups are as follows when I call your names please head out to your allocated transport. Xavier, Bolt, Vovk and Frye you four are going to be stationed on Storms-Eye, head for transport 1..." Ajax shook himself free from his daze and wandered his way to the elevator, pushed the button for the transport bays and waited for his peers to enter. The elevator flew upward before sliding horizontally to bring the capsule to a stop next to its corresponding transport. Ajax entered the transport and strapped himself in.
"You guys ready for this?" he asked smiling before the transport launched itself outward and toward the groups assigned locale

--- Bronze Tier ---

"Listen up!" Stren called out to the crowds of Bronze students, the students continued to chat amongst themselves "SHUT UP!" silence spread quickly over the crowd,
"Thank you, Stren, now as many of you would have already realised your first round of test scores have been released, unfortunately, due to the sheer number of students in Bronze Tier this year and a clerical errors some of your test scores were incorrectly reported. Adrian Araponga Tai, your strength and power scores were reported incorrectly, you did not actually receive a 5 in strength and 1’s in speed and intelligence. those numbers were supposed to be a 3 in strength and 2’s in speed and intelligence. Apologies for the error however I’m surprised it wasn’t clarified sooner, it is impossible for a Bronze student to have a 5 in any category. Now everyone head back to the submarine terminal, the trip to the other island should only take 20 minutes." Ceri hauled himself up to Stren's shoulder to deliver his message.

Last edited:
Leon had already done everything he needed for the morning before he made his way outside to join the other Silver Tier students to their transport, part of him was eager to start--and more importantly, pass--this trial, not because he has an arrogant attitude that makes him see himself as the best of the Silvers, but because he greatly abhors the thought of losing, something he knows is downright humiliating.

Leon Cloud
Strength - 3
Speed - 3
Intelligence - 3
Power - 4
Technique - 4
Adaptability - 4

Leon held out his hand to test his powers once more, a spectral red knife emerged and levitated above the palm of his hand only to vanish when he closed his hand in to a fist.

Adrians frown broadened at the news "See! this is what I'm talking about. They hear bronze and they think uncapable " Adrian glossed over the improvement of speed and intelligence, though he still thought those were wrong. "If you guys saw what I could do you think I have a strength score of seven or twenty-five. or infinity times two" he huffed up his chest, filling himself up with unreasonable pride. "In fact, they probably screwed with you guys results too, I bet if we saw what each other could really do then you'd at least understand. Let's get to this island and prove these clowns how awesome we are." After finishing the remains of breakfast plate he dusted himself a bit and strode towards the submarines.

Ceri simply laughed at Adrian’s temper tantrum “I believe the word you were looking for was incapable not incapable. You need to understand that even some Pro-Heroes with strength increasing abilities don’t have a 5 in strength. Stren here has a 5 in Strength, because he was genetically engineered for strength and power. Keep that attitude up and you’ll earn yourself a disciplinary strike. You are here to learn and develop, that arrogance is a one way ticket out of here.” Stren took a looming step toward Adrian after he had huffed himself up, ready to knock the student back into line if it came to that.

there was silence as Adrian stared at the tower of a being. Stren, the twin of pure might. there was no such thing as a punch that would hurt him. "Engineering, I can do that" he was not exactly sure what engineered strength meant. "All right Stren, Pro hero of muscle, if you're at 5 five then my goal will be 6, I will take whatever challenge you stab me with to show I can do it. I'll drink juice, do sprints, whatever, this training will be a walking piece of cake."

Adrian looked into his eyes, the intensity and power that overflowed from Stren caused some part of Adrian to crack, he didn't have the look of defiance, his chest deflated, his voice lost its bravado, but he did not look away. "I know what you see when looking at me, you think this bronze nobody cant do anything, but ill do it. Whatever is on that island ill do it, ill give it my all."

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Aisha shifted her gaze towards Aerospear as she began to speak. A feeling of excitment bubbled within her as she made her way to the transport. Ajax was already inside, not wanting to be late, she stepped inside and strapped herself in. "Are you excited?" she asked. The fact that they were working with heroes was one step closer to her working alone as a hero. A scary determination, quite contrasting to her usual carefree kind personality was shown in her gaze. It's going to get real, it's time to focus.

Drake couldn't help but to shoot Adrian a sympathetic look as his changed grades were called out to the entire Bronze Class. That... was less than kosher. Talk about embarrassing. Yet Adrian seemed to take the change pretty well. He responded in a rather expected Adrian fashion, boasting about how much cooler he was and even claiming that the test screwed with him and skewed his grades to be lower than he should. It was about then that Drake had spotted Ceri and Stren approaching. In a silent, panicked fashion Drake tried to signal to Adrian to stop talking. But it was too late. The teachers had heard everything.

Drake merely stepped away as Ceri began to berate Adrian, a hand on his face. For a moment, it even looked like Stren was about to hit Adrian. It was then that Drake was about to step in to try to smooth the situation out and take some of the heat off Adrian. But Adrian seemed to suddenly deflate. That unshaking self-confidence Drake had seen before looked, well... shook. Drake walked back over to Adrian, putting a hand on the larger student's shoulder.
"It's okay, man. We're all here to improve, so that's what we're gonna do. Now c'mon, let's get to the sub." Drake said, and began to try to guide Adrian in the direction of the sub and away from Ceri and Stren.

Tyler listened to Areospear intently before heading off, following Ajax and Aisha to Transport one. His spiky blond hair ruffled as he strode, but payed no attention to it. That was his curse. The gold student flicked a switch on the side of his headphones to boot them up, and Karen's voice came on informing them that they had been connected to his form. "Phone connected," she said calmly. Tyler lifted them to his head and swiftly put them on while stepping onto the transport, sitting a seat away from Aisha so that he was on the far left side of the transport. Away from the others. To Aisha he responded with a simple and quick, "Yeah," and told Karen to play an album from VenomDragon5, a popular EDM artist Ty liked. Karen began playing the music.

Shay didn't know how long this transport would take, and hopefully it wouldn't take long. The annoying thing about this ride is that there wasn't any dark matter to absorb here, so he had to be careful in using it. Be wise. Shadow ignored everyone else on the transport in his dark corner. Best to not be discovered and feel pain.

~Aria~
Aria responded to Ajax’s excitement with a pursed lipped smile. She recollected herself on the elevator and sighed deeply as she strapped herself into the transport. As much as she was accustomed to ignoring the low buzzing pain of her minor headache she can’t help but feel that something was amiss, more than just whatever they were heading towards, something much worse was brewing, but Aria chalked it up to being nerves, she had rarely been deployed on the field with others, especially when not under the supervision of the Institute.

~~~Gold Tier~~~
Ajax smiled as the transport continued to gain speed, forcing him into the back of his chair, it was a feeling that Ajax found strangely comforting. The transport took just under 2 hours to arrive at Storms eye station, the base had once been a staging ground for a team of American heroes during the cold war but in recent years was used as a training ground for Hero High. The station had been placed intentionally at the crest of a hill overlooking the city below, the distance barely a mile and a half though due to the winding trail between them the road is almost 4 miles long. As the transport lowered itself onto the helipad of the station, Ajax turned to face his team.
"You know what guys, I'm really glad we got assigned together for this mission. Now if I'm not mistaken we do have access to an emergency beacon to call the teachers but other than that we're on our own." the transport landed with a slight jolt and the four young heroes were feel to exit the vehicle. The station was fairly bare-bones. A small helipad in the rear of the complex, office space on the ground level with living quarters above. The second floor consisted of a main common area and kitchen with four bedrooms all opening off the main area.
"Welcome to Storm's eye station," Ajax said as he threw his rucksack down on an empty couch.

~~~Silver Tier~~~
Emily-Jane stared aimlessly out of the transport window until they arrived at the Silver Peak mountain range.
"Alright everyone off the transport, yall will be working in teams of three so listen up." Knight-Light rattled off a variety of names until finally yelling "Wilder, Newman, Cloud you guys are group 7, you'll be starting in 15 minutes, get your butts over to your assigned start line". Delta had decided to wear her hero costume for the challenge, it meant she didn't have to worry about wardrobe malfunctions when she chose to alter her size.
"Guess we're together for this thing" she mumbled to the two boys who were making their way toward the assigned starting area. "I'm not sure we've met, I'm Emily-Jane but you can call me MJ if you want." she did her best to smile and seem approachable to the pair. "So... what're your powers like"

~~~Bronze Tier~~~
After the difficulties of certain students earlier that morning, Stren and Ceri had imposed a noise limit on board the submarine for the duration of the journey.
"Listen up everyone when we arrive you will be sorted into 3 groups for the rest of the training camp. You then will rotate through activities and exercises each day with these groups. At night you may be asked to join a one-off training class specifically aimed at your ability type. So Emitters, Manipulators, Mutants. Technically the night periods of training are not compulsory however you can not just be messing around if you choose to miss a night training. we expect you all to be doing something productive" Ceri's eyes found Adrian and emphasising the 'productive' element of his sentence. "Everyone please take a schedule and try not to get lost" Ceri chirped once more as the submarine began to resurface next to a large jetty.
"Get out all of you and go find your first training session" Stren yelled as the doors of the submarine opened and a small wave excited bronze students spewed outward.

Leon stepped off the transport with his hands in his pockets and turned his head to Knight-Light upon the mention of his last name, before he said anything else, he immediately walked over to his assigned team with a small wave. "What's up." He greeted as his attention diverted a little more to the girl of the group. "MJ, huh? Call me Leon." He replied nonchalantly as he held out his hand. "Ad for my powers... I'm able to create what I like to call a "Spectral" version of simple solid objects, maybe another pair of hands, sharp objects, walls, floating platforms, etc. So long as the design of what I make is simple to remember." He explained as his hand seemed to give off a red steam like aura and an ethereal looking red cube appeared above his hand.

Tyler walked next to Ajax when they headed up to the station. It looked pretty cool from far away, and it kept its appearance when they went inside. He powered off his headphones with a digital blip noise and lowered them of his head to rest on his shoulders. "Hmm. This place is pretty nice for an American base. At least that's what a search on the web told me," he said grinning. Tyler set his bags down and explored around the massive kitchen area. Well, he thought it was massive. It was the biggest one he'd ever seen.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************
Shadow eyed his partners. He knew that one of them made a spectral hand, but he didn't know what the girl had. My powers are going to remain undecided right now," he said suddenly giving no explanation otherwise. The mysterious figure shook his head.

"Ok then everyone, once we're set up our stuff I say we split up to do a quick patrol then get some lunch" Ajax suggested as he started to unpack his rucksack into the open shelving of his room. The rooms were a little cramped in comparison to the gigantic suites the gold students would be accustom to but ultimately they were far from small. Each room was ultimately comparable to a Silver Tier dorm room. "I think that our biggest issue here is going to be the distance from the station to the city, that trail snaked its way up here pretty steeply meaning we'd probably be relying on flying there as our means of swift transport. Aria, Aisha do you think you'd both be able to carry Tyler if the need arose?" he called out from his room as he placed the last of his possessions and threw the now empty rucksack under the bed.

~~~

MJ rolled her eyes at Shadow's response "Ok then mister edgelord, my powers all relate to density. SO I can basically change the size and mass of my body at will..."
"3...2...1...GO!" Knightlight screamed at the trio firing a bright beam of light into the air to mark the beginning of their ascent
"Oh, great um quick this way" Emily-Jane had been caught a little off-guard by the sudden noise but started to run down their assigned trail before she even realised she might have left the two boys behind. While running she decreased her mass to allow her greater maneuverability with the caveat that she was much more suspectable to being knocked over or sent flying by a hidden trap.

Aria went into her room after they arrived at the station, she had no preference for rooms, she spent most of her life in a rather minimalistic room, and she always found them more cozy and homely. She quickly unpacked her few things that she brought along, it wasn’t much as most of it was superficial to her., and the more important things were things that she would never leave without. After setting things up she left and headed back to the common area.

“Oh flying won’t be a problem at all, I can make Tyler fly no problem or anyone really.” Aria answered Ajax from the common area and taking a seat in an armchair. She looked at the bookshelf next to it to see if there were any interesting reads as she waited for the rest of the group to finish.

Leon simply scoffed at Shadow's response before he turned his head to Knightlight who suddenly started the challenge without warning. "Thanks for the heads up." Leon said with clear sarcasm as his body began to elevate underneath an ethereal red platform that suddenly flew in the same direction as where Emily went in an attempt to catch up. "Hey, wait for us." Leon said with a clear smile as the platform he rode on created a faint red light within the cave alongside his hands that emitted the strange object he surfed on.

Adrian strode outside. submarines were definitely not his style of transportation. He breathed in the outside air and looked at his two roommates. If he was moody before, it seemed to fade back into his usual spirits. " So boys, seems like we're doing some squad training. First things first whos going to be squad leader?" Adrian finger gunned Drake. "I nominated this guy over here. any objections?"

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Aisha unpacked her belongings. The room was smaller than she was used to, but she didn't mind. She listened to Ajax call out and laughed. "I'm sure we could arrange something," she said, smiling. She felt a bit embarrassed, she had been so lost in thought earlier she wasn't sure if she had accidentally ignored someone. She couldn't help but feel as if something was going to happen, hopefully, it would be good. Her gut instincts have always been stronger than an average human's, but what could happen with so many heroes around? After a while, she finally unpacked all of her items. They were neatly placed where they belonged. "Well, I hope they have good food. A healthy diet can really boost how one's power acts," she said, smiling. She exited her room and closed the door behind her as she waited for the others.

Tyler laughed when he heard the others talking about carrying him while he unpacked his bags. He had brought clothes and other belongings such as his headphones, his phone and a series of sweat shirts he bought before coming here. "You guys don't have to carry me. I'm a lot faster than any normal person. I'll probably be a bit slower, but its more convenient for you to save your strength." He laughed again suddenly.
"I'm the odd one out. Am I the only one who can't fly?"
Tyler changed into a different lighter sweatshirt with another venom dragon design, a black dragon who was in a glowing green lake. He slipped his headphones around his neck and headed downstairs after looking at his room. To him it was still huge. Where he lived he shared a tiny apartment with his mom, so anything looked like an upgrade.
The gold student trudged down the stairs and stretched his arm out a bit before powering on his headphones again. Tyler didn't put them on and decided to wear them whenever they started to leave.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Shay got a spike of frustration from the MJ girl, which brought a pain to his head for only a moment, but then got transformed into dark matter. Shay chuckled to himself. That's right. Keep getting mad at me. Increase my power. I can feel your emotions......
He lunged forward after MJ once the lady fired of the signal off, not showing anything whatsoever of his power. He was saving that for another time. If they had something that he could succeed in like one on one fights, he would show. If he gathered up enough dark matter Shadow could pull something off that would attract attention. Although attention caused him being noticed and somewhat popular, there would always be the ones who hate him. And jealousy brings in more power for him.

Ajax had actually been half kidding about the others having to carry Tyler but was glad to see they had taken it as a serious consideration.
“So here’s what I’m thinking for patrol, Tyler Aisha you two take the city, Aria you’re with me, I reckon we should scout out the rest of the island, if there’s any issues get on the comms channel and signal the others.”
Ajax made his way to the small office space below the living area and begun typing, entering the groups plans to go on patrol into the official log of the station. Account keeping and admin were a mundane fact of life for Heroes posted to stations without support staff.

~~~

MJ was the first of the three silver students make it to the first challenge. The Canyon Crawl, was the name imprinted on the sign outside a large cave entrance below which was an explanation of the requirements to advance
‘Each team member is required to enter the cave and retrieve one third of the missing cog key. Then one member must take the completed cog key to the peak of the canyon to open the passage to allow their team to continue onward. Note: flying is not allowed for this final challenge’
“Oh great, ah who wants to ferry the finished key to the top of the canyon?” She friend asking her peers

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Aisha listened to Tyler as he talked. It was a relief that he was faster than the average human so at least movement wasn't too much of a problem. She turned to Tyler after Ajax had explained his idea. "Hm, that sounds like it could work. You want to stick up or separate once we get to the city?" she asked Tyler. From what she recalled his power seemed to do with strength, at least that was what he had shown previously. If they stuck together they would probably cover less land but would be more prepared in case they had to act. If they separated they would cover more land but getting together and immediate actions would be harder. She started to stretch herself as she waited for an answer, getting ready for what might be a hard day of work. Even though it was their first day, it didn't hurt to be prepared.

So Tyler would be paired up with Aisha? From what he had heard she was the one who could turn into animals. He turned to her as she spoke to him, and immediately noticed Aisha's off colored eyes. They didn't stand out that much, but there was a difference. Tyler thought that was pretty cool.
He crossed his arms in thought while grinning at Aisha. "Well, being by ourselves doesn't seem to be a good option at the moment. I mean, we should get used to each other before we start heading off in different directions. It's the first time I've ever done something like this, so I think it's safe to stick with each other," Tyler said nodding to himself. "Is that okay with you?", he asked Aisha.
Tyler knew that the city was a dangerous place to be by yourself, and even if you going on patrol you could be attacked. The opposite of what they were doing. If there were multiple enemies, he wouldn't be sure if Aisha could take them all out. But then again if there was a runaway, Aisha could track them down if she morphed into something fast. Teamwork seemed like the best option.

Shadow reached where MJ was, and heard her ask who would volunteer. "I will. But I need Leon to make platforms for me to get up. I'll have my own way to deal with the others," he said with a sickening grin. With that, he rushed into the cave to get the key. It was dark. Very dark. But it was perfect for him.

"well then I guess it's settled, Aria with me lets do a flyby of the city then head north, I want to double-check the communications array at the top of the mountain. If that were to go down we'd lose our connection to the mainland" Ajax having finished the necessary admin-work made his way out to the helipad and waited for Aria to join him. His hands and feet glowing with energy as he prepared to blast off.

~~~~~~~~

Mj followed after Shadow, racing down the second pathway and starting her ascent toward the second piece of the key. A large boulder cam barrelling down toward her, taking the rare opportunity to show off while still in the line of sight of her teammate, she rapidly increased her density and ran toward the boulder
'denser, stronger, denser, stronger...' Delta continued to race toward the stone as her body became stronger and stronger before finally letting out a startling cry as the boulder shattered around her.
"STONEWALL DEFENCE!" The stone shards bounced off of her harmlessly before launching and embedding themselves into the stone cavern around her.

“Sounds good to me.” Aria stood up from her armchair, “Good luck to you guys on your patrols, hope nothing serious happens.” She said to the others with a pleasant smile and followed Ajax out onto the helipad. “So you want to take point? I’m perfectly fine taking support, but if you’d rather we both just go then I’m fine with that too.” As Aria spoke she lifted off into the air floating with no deviation at all until she was about ten feet off the ground. “So, to the array then?”

Leon watched as the trial's obstacle was to stop giant rolling boulders and gave MJ a slow clap when the boulder smashed around her. "Nice trick, let's have a go, stay close." Leon said as his hands emitted a faint red steam as he saw the next boulder roll down towards them, Leon put his hands to the ground and suddenly a ramp appeared before them. As the boulder rolled down, it went over the ramp and the trio. "How about that, huh?" Leon asked with a smile on his face.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Aisha nodded along as Tyler voiced his thoughts. "I think it's a great idea," she said with a brief nod of her head. "You too, be careful though," she replied to Aria. Some said animals had a sixth sense, she always figured it transferred over to her as a gut feeling. The previous bad feeling from before deepened, but she shook it off. She had a task to do. "Well, we should get going also. Maybe we'll even find a cool hideout place," she remarked, keeping her tone light. She walked towards the door, stopping once she was there to wait for Tyler.

“I’ll take point, stay close.” Ajax’s demeanor shifted immediately from his usual easy going self to a serious scowl as he fixed his mask to his face and activated his comms system.
”alright everyone sound off for comms check, Hero names only. Quasar sounding off” Ajax launched off from the helipad, toward the telecommunications tower at the peak of the islands tallest mountain. The three spires piecing the sky to such an extent that low hanging clouds would be sliced by the tall thin towers. At the base of the towers sat a tiny relay station, a secondary communications unit for the Hero station and the city’s main supply.
“Near the top of the towers, at the last connection bracket is a transponder box, open it and check the fuses are all set. I’ll check the main controls”

~~~~~~~

“Not bad, I’ll see you two once we’ve got our keys” Delta continued to smash her way through the boulders before racing down the middle of the now diverging paths for the students.

Tyler nodded happily that Aisha agreed with him, and followed her outside. His comm unit was programmed into his headphones beforehand and he powered them on. ¨Is it bad that I do not have a code name?¨, Ty said with a grin into the comm. He shrugged as if it were no big deal and stretched out his legs outside. After he was ready, he looked to Aisha. ¨Lead the way,¨ he said.

Shadows path was different than the others. His path was lacking boulders, but where the key was, there were massive rock spikes jutting out of the ground and ceiling. Each one was about 10 feet tall and 2 feet wide. The obvious way to get through was by going around them while ducking, but he had a different idea...

"What, me?" Drake said to Adrian. "Why the heck should I be the leader? That's a lot of work."
Drake said the last part jokingly. While he was flattered by Adrian's nomination, he was a little confused by it. Drake would have thought Adrian would have nominated himself for that sort of role.

Taking a training schedule for the three of them, Drake quickly glanced it over. It looked like the first thing they were doing involved them taking the red trail and heading to the eastern side of the island. It looked like it was a bit of a hike.
"Hey guys. Seems like we're heading this way." Drake said, pointing towards the red trail and starting walking. As he walked, he glanced back at Adrian.
"So, where are you from?" Drake asked Adrian.