• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Here, have some Arceus artwork

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Better late than never.

Recently CoroCoro released a picture of Arceus' official artwork, and a scan of it has been floating around Pokemon websites for a few days. Thankfully however, to coincide with CoroCoro's announcement the Pokemon Company has officially unveiled Arceus on their Japanese website and the 12th Movie website. Included was some nice quality Sugimori and Anime-style artwork. So, take a looksie. Thanks go to Bulbanews for collecting the images.

Also, since Pokecharms hasn't mentioned it yet and the news can be noted on the sites linked to above, an image showcasing the three Johto starters (Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile) and Heatran has been revealed for the 12th movie. All four are said to be included in the movie somehow, we just don't yet know to what extent.

Click images for full sizes

*Girlish squeal*

Eee! I can't wait for this movie to be out! This is amazing!

I wonder when the Pokemon will be given out to the public.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm honestly just happy to finally get to see Arceus' eyes properly. You could never really tell with the sprites.

But yeah, movie 12 sounds insane thus far. Can't wait to see it, even if it'll be a long wait from now XD

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm glad the 4th Gen finally got finished after 2-3 years. It's nice to finally see Arceus up close and personal.

Not stop should be a GSC remake or the 5th Gen. That is assuming of course either one will come to pass and that this isn't the end of the line.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
He's a weird looking Pokemon, but it's nice to see the official art after so long. I'm sure it will be ages before the UK gets an Arceus event, but having seen him properly now I'm rather interested in getting one XD

what type of pokemon is he ??? I know hes a god nd all but i dont get what he is suppose to be nd when you catch him in pearl it doest say what type exactly

It SAYS he's a normal type, but depending on the plate attached to him, he changes type. The sprite change color when you attach different plates to him.

(If he has a Mind plate attached, he's a Psychic type, Splash plate = Water type. etc.)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
He's a weird looking Pokemon, but it's nice to see the official art after so long. I'm sure it will be ages before the UK gets an Arceus event, but having seen him properly now I'm rather interested in getting one XD

For once, we'll probably get Arceus at roughly the same time as the yanks in this case. Though - not necessarily at the first opportunity. What'll probably happen is that Toys R Us in the states will have an event for it and at some point later down the road the WiFi Mystery Gift will give out the actual in-game Arceus (as will happen Japan the same as Darkai and Shaymin recently) - and we'll probably get that at pretty much the same time.

'Course, if we get the 11th Movie and Shaymin through some event (though it's not gonna be at Woolies this time, obviously) relatively soon, it might give us some indication of when we can expect Arceus here.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Ah yes, I was forgetting about WiFi events. I'm glad then, because that mean's I'll definitely be able to get my hands on one, since I missed out on Darkrai because I couldn't get to Chesterfield on the day. Thank God for Ranger.

Awesome, thanks Alex ^^