• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS help!!

hey I kinda need help I dont know which moves I should teach my gallade at the moment he has leafblade focusblast psycho cut and false swipe
I really need him to be strong so I really need help

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
First of all, using grammar and punctuation in your posts would help you a great deal. You've effectively used no punctuation whatsoever in your post. Keep that up and you will be warned for it. Secondly, your moveset should be laid out like this:

Pokemon's Name@Held Item
Nature
EVs (If you want to)
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4

That way, it is far easier to read. Note that you haven't mentioned your hold item, your Nature, or your EVs (if it has any.)

Thirdly, your moveset isn't that great. Focus Blast, or any Special attack shouldn't be on Gallade since its Attack stat is far superior to its Sp.Attack. False Swipe is effectively a waste of a moveslot if you plan to use this Gallade competitively, so you've effectively got three moves, and one of those three is effectively useless.

Here's a basic idea of what to look for with Gallade:

Gallade @ Salac Berry
Adamant/Jolly
Steadfast

- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Essentially a stat-up and sweep set. Swords Dance to boost your Attack stat, and Substitute guarantees you'll get to use the Salac Berry for a Speed boost. From there, you simply start killing stuff - Close Combat is your strongest attack by far, so that gets a slot by default, and Night Slash grants you an attack to strike down Ghosts with, since Close Combat can't damage them.

That's just one example of a Gallade set. See what other people suggest as well, since Gallade can run several different movesets with impressive efficiency.

Gallade@ Life Orb / Muscle Band
Adamant

-Thunder Wave / Swords Dance / Will-o-Wisp
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch / Night Slash / Leaf Blade
-Psycho Cut / Night Slash / Leaf Blade

Close Combat statys as a main STAB.

Ice Punch gives it some coverage on Dragons.

Night Slash and Close Combat has great coverage with each other.

Psycho Cut gets STAB and with Night Slash over Ice Punch, the trio attacks of Psychic, Dark and FIghting hit everything for neutral damage at least.

Leaf Blade has uses against Ground and Water-types.

Swords Dance is obvious.

Thunder Wave cripples the opponent's Speed so Gallade can sweep more effectively.

Will-o-Wisp can make it easier on Gallade the next time it switches in, since the opponents attack is lowered, so it won't do as much on Gallade, who has a weaker Defense stat than Special Defense stat.