• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Help with pokemon EV training.

so i have been looking at sites on how to EV train, and its going okay, but i want to get the most out of my Pokemon. I wont get my Pokemon's stats as high as i was hoping they would be. and sometimes it takes forever for the pokemon to get the EV's.

also any ways to make the Pokemon get the EV's faster?

any tips, ideas, tricks would be great lol :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
1. Firstly, the Clinic is for competitive teams/moveset ONLY - that means no EV training advice, no in-game teams, nothing but competitive moveset and team advice goes here.

Try reading the rules next time Dragonair. Topic moved to Games Discussion.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Shocari said:
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/EVs

That will tell you everything you need to know and more about EVs and EV training. It also has several tips such as using Pokerus, Macho Brace, and power items effectively.

That link Sho gave pretty much covers anything I would've suggested (from where to EV train to how to EV train quickly), so let us know if you need a further explanation regarding anything. :)

Vitamins(proteins,calcium etc.)can give you a max of 100 EVs, so it makes training shorter.
The power items give you 4EVs of that paricular stat(power wheight gives u 4 in HP, etc.) so its 4+a(the number of EVs the defeated poke gives)
Macho brace doubles the amount of EVs gained. if you defeat a crobat, who gives 3 spd evs, u get 6 with the macho brace. so its 2a

Pokerus gives the same effect as macho brace, 2a. You can also use it with other items, for example, you want to train speed. If your poke with pokerus defeats a crobat, which as you know gives 3 Spd EVs, and its holding a power anklet, you get a total of 14EVs in 1 battle. You get 3 from crobat, 4 from the power anklet, and u have 7. With pokerus, it becomes 14. so an expression could be (presuming all the Evs are for 1 stat) (a+4)2 a=amount of EVs from the defeated poke, added to 4 of the EVs from your power anklet, multiplied by 2 from the pokerus. Hope this helped, and good luck ;)
Make your poke