1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Nintendo Switch SD Card Reader

Discussion in 'Small Talk' started by Mr.Munchlax, Jan 4, 2020.

1. A while ago I had problems with my Switch’s micro sd card reader not being able to read ANY card. I called customer support and told told me to hard reset my Switch by holding down the power button for 20 seconds.

It worked for a while but after I took out my card to back up my album onto my computer, resetting my Switch doesn’t seem to work anymore!! Now the problem seems to start up whenever I play my Switch for several minutes & then try to view anything in my album. I either get Error Code 2802-1002, my card randomly becomes full of these question mark files from nowhere, or I get Error Code 2802-2002 . I tried turning off my Switch & re-inserting the card, but when that happens I end up getting error code 2016-0641 instead. I also tried putting in a new card, but I’m still getting the same problem.

All of my game files are on my Switch’s hard drive, but this is getting ridiculous and I don’t know what else to do. I was going to send my Switch to Nintendo so they can fix the card port, but they said that Pokémon Sword & Shield don’t support cloud saves in case anything goes wrong, so I don’t want to risk losing everything I had on those games. PLEASE HELP!!!

#1 Mr.Munchlax, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020