• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Help with my team

hey everyone, I thought i had a pretty strong team but i find myself getting beat alot by others on wifi. i'll list my team and theyre moves. i appreciate any advice you guys are willing to give

Salamence(blackglasses) Flareon(quickclaw)
fly Flamethrower
dragon claw dig
crunch body slam
steel wing bite

Starmie(twisted Spoon) Jolteon(leftovers)
surf thunderbolt
thunderbolt double kick
psychic secret power
icebeam shadow ball

Victribel(miracleseed) Heracross (blackbelt)
Magical leaf megahorn
Sunny day brickbreak
Slugebomb earthquake
Solarbeam rockslide

Salamence:
Dragon Claw
Arial Ace
Dragon Dance
Crunch

Flareon
Iron Tail
Fire Fang
Body Slam
Dig

Starmie is fine

Jolteon
Thunderbolt
Baton Pass
Agility
Shadow Ball

Victreebel
Giga Drain
Sunny Day
Synthesis
Toxic
I would just Huck it for Roserade =/

Heracross is fine

Thats my two cents, but as I mentioned... I cant think of much for Victreebel =/

I would Replace Salamence`s Steel wing with a move called Draco Metetor or something like that. Its powerful (140) Its accuracy is 90.But It lowers Sp. Attack sharply. I bleive its found on Route 210 in a house.

I'm going to have to disagree with that. If you're in the middle of a competitive battle, you won't want your pokemon to become weaker!

Anyways, you might want to try something like this for your Salamence.

Salamence:
Dragon Claw / Dragon Pulse
Earthquake
Stone Edge / Flamethrower
Dragon Dance

I know that it's not sounding that amazing, but it does help you with those pesky ice-types.

It's probably just me, but I'd have to say that your team would work better with different items, whatever changes you make.

The little "slightly boosts ____ moves" items really don't make a significant enough difference for it to be worthwhile. I'm a big fan of berries, myself. Slap on a few Liechi/Salac/whathaveyou berries, get a free stat boost. Or you could try for a Persim/Outrage or possibly Thrash or Chesto/Rest thing.

I also wouldn't recommend Leftovers for Jolteon. Its base HP isn't really astounding, and it's too frail for the recovery to make a big difference. You'd probably have better luck with a Shell Bell, if you're set on HP gain.

what about the Pokemon themselves, should i switch them for other pokemon, i was thinking of switching heracross with tryanatar and victribel for roserade

Tyrannitar is a good Pokemon but I think your Heracross is fine the way you have it. Victreebel has higher HP, Attack, and Defense whereas Roserade has better Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed so they're equally good. It just depends on the moves you want to teach them. If you want a grass type with a lot of Special grass type attacks go with Roserade.