• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS help with diamond e4 =[

as of yet i am using...

dialga, lvl 51
no item
metal claw
dragon claw
heal block
roar of time

empoleon (nick'd gorinan) lvl 50
item: splash plate
aqua jet
aerial ace
surf
metal claw

azelf lvl 51
item: mind plate
psychic
extrasensory
uproar(need replacement move)
nasty plot

luxray (it's my baby) lvl 66
item: none
swagger
thunder fang
discharge
crunch

infernape lvl 47
no item
scratch( need replacement move)
rock smash (need replacement move, and location of move deleter)
flame wheel
close combat

staraptor lvl 54 (got for a lvl 20 finneon on gts as is o.o)
no item
aerial ace
close combat
fly
brave bird
and pokerus to boot!

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dialga- Heal block will come in handy for when you meet the Champion....the Champion's Milotic seems intent on pissing you off at any cost. Took me FOREVER to get that thing down, even with physical attacks. The rest of the moveset is great, I see no problem. For an item, Leftovers.

Empoleon-He'll be your best friend for two of the four E4, so keep him healthy if you use him before the second E4. I always saw Empoleon as more of a Sp. Attacker, so maybe replace Aerial Ace with someting else...Aqua Jet is fine as it gets STAB and strikes first...

Azelf-When I dragged this guy (girl?) along with me, I tought it Shadow Ball to take advantage of it's Sp. Atk. It definitely came in handy for the last member of the E4. Replace Uproar with it, if you want.

Luxray-Swagger works, but why didn't you keep Charge? (Then again, anything he touches wil die since he's such a high level :p) As a general rule, a Poke'mon shouldn't have two same-type attack moves, so teach Luxray something that'll help him fight other opponents.

Infernape-Hmm...replace Scratch with Rock Climb (Meh, there's not much else out there) and Rock Smash with Brick Break. The move deleter is in Canalave City in the house right above the Poke'Mart. In my experience, however, the only two moves I used were Flame Wheel and Close Combat

Staraptor-Wow, nice trade...anyway, looks good. You'll be glad he knows Aerial Ace/Close Combat/Brave Bird...they'll help tremendously. Maybe the guy trading the Staraptor thought Poke'rus was bad. o_0

i beat the e4! woot.

believe it or not, the milotic was cake (!). i just used a couple discharges/thunder fangs on it, and it went kaput. the one i really had trouble with was lucario. at one point i was just reviving until it was stuck with struggle, as i didn't have a chance to do anything else and i had to stay alive. the only ones that could survive more than one strike were dialga and empoleon. and azelf is genderless. i didn't keep charge because i didn't want to get rid of thunder fang, for fear that if i taught it discharge instead, i would be choosing the weaker move (luxray atk > sp atk). also, if i have one of each form (atk, sp atk) i can take advantage of low sp def or def. same here with infernape and flame wheel/close combat.

woot!!!