• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Help with Aggron

Need help on a good move set and item for my aggron

Aggron@item:????
(impish)
(rock head)
EV's(252DEF, 150ATK, 100HP, 6 SPEED)

HP-300
attack-302
defense-499
sp.attack-136
sp.def-146
speed-120

any is help is appreciated.

Upon seeing the stats...for attacking moves, might I suggest moves like Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Giga Impact, or Dragon Claw..,something physical yet powerful. Also since it has Rock head, Double-Edge would also be good.

For the defensive moves, I would use Protect, Iron Defense, Roar, or Sandstorm. follow my suggestions?

Also, go to any move tutor and see what kinds of moves it can learn from them, some you might find very helpful.

Hope I have helped.

[quote author=dragon_dude link=topic=6079.msg100890#msg100890 date=1242303539
Need help on a good move set and item for my aggron

Aggron@item:????
(impish)
(rock head)
EV's(252DEF, 150ATK, 100HP, 6 SPEED)

Impish isnt good for such a pokemon. Go for Adamant. If you want it to be Defensive go for Relaxed.
Maybe Choice Band with 252 speed and 252 atk ev with Adamant?
And add some Earthquake! D:<
and your EVs are kinda messed up. you cant divide 150 and 6 through 4 so you miss some points.

Another thought you should consider is whether this is for in game or for competitive. Are you willing to rebreed for nature or egg moves? Impish and Rock Head are decent to start with, but without knowing the initial moveset there isn't much we can help guide on. How do you want to use it? Do you want to wall or try to tank?