• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Help with a team I'm considering:

I'm not so great with team building, movesets or strategy. Although I don't battle with people over Wifi, I have recently considered it. After a glance at my team, I have decided to ask the people of 'Charms to help me out.

Well, with that said, here goes nothing:

Infernape@Life Orb
Naive natured
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Close Combat
HP Ice/Nasty Plot

Electivire@Expert Belt
Adamant natured
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Thunderbolt

Staraptor@none
Adamant natured
Close combat
Fly
Return
Quick Attack

Tyranitar@none
Bashful natured
Crunch
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Thunder

Garchomp@none
Adamant natured
Slash
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

Floatzel@Mystic Water
Adamant natured
Waterfall
Crunch
Attract
Surf

Like I said, needs some work, advice would be greatly appreciated as well as any ideas of who I should take out/put in.
Thanks in advance

Some EV spreads would be nice, but it isn't the end of the world.

Some of your Pokemon could use better natures.

Tyranitar usually wants either a Jolly or Adamant nature, but it looks like you're using a single special attack, so Brave might work. Offhand, Thunderbolt is usually better than Thunder. Less power, but a consistent 100% accuracy compared to Thunder's 70%.

For Floatzel, Surf is a bad idea, considering Waterfall is there and it runs off of the higher Attack stat. I'd say Attract is useless, but a certain someone would say different. Putting in Ice Fang and Brick Break gives you great coverage. The Choice Band will give all your moves a nice 1.5x bonus.

Staraptor shouldn't use Fly. Brave bird will work nicely, otherwise Aerial Ace is there too.

I just skimmed over this, but those were the obvious points. I'll go in-depth later and check it out. Blasted English homework. >_>

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Garchomp@Brightpowder
Naughty Nature [Lonely if you decide not to use Swords Dance]
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Swords Dance

EVs:
252 speed, 252 Attack
or
252 speed, 152 attack, 104 special Defense
Second EV set is if you prefer to set up with Swords Dance nearly every time, while the first is more for if you want to directly sweep and occasionally throw in a Swords Dance.

Since you have a Tyranitar, I'm sure you use the sandstream to increase Garchomp's evasion... Brightpowder makes for a second evasion boost, furthering your chances to entirely avoid an attack. This aids with using swords dance in the set.

Earthquake will be your primary attack. 150 power after STAB, combined with Garchomp's attack will destroy most pokemon that stand in your way.
Dragon Claw is your secondary attack. 120 power after STAB, and hits everything that isn't a steel type for neutral damage [and other dragons for super-effective damage]
Fire Blast/Flamethrower Specifically for Skarmory, but will work well for Steelix, and is really the only option for Bronzong.. that and you seem to like having mixed movesets XP
Even keeping your adamant nature, Flamethrower can 3HKO most Skarmory.. and with Lonely/Naughty Nature, Fire Blast will always 3HKO even a full special defense and HP trained Skarmory with perfect IVs and a pro-special defense Nature, no matter your IVs/Training.
Swords Dance for a major power boost whenever you can get it off... the first Swords Dance will double your attack; if you can get off two, you'll have triple attack and won't even need Fire Blast/Flamethrower anymore.