• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Help Rename the Misc/Serious Discussions Boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As a little extra for the site relaunch on March 1st, it was suggested that we give the "Miscylenious... Random Chatter" and "Ya Srsly" boards new names. So, we're opening up the floor to everyone - staff and regular members alike.

Drop us some name change ideas (with new board descriptions if you please). All I ask is that your suggestions aren't crud and somewhat resemble the boards they're meant to (ie. No El Fan Clubs. Or Twilight. Or Jonas Brothers. >=O [size=5pt]ILU El :3[/size]).

I'll leave this open until about Wednesday, then gather some of the suggestions and slap an actual poll up until the boards go down on Friday. Whatever gets the most votes is what we'll use =)

(Note: If nobody wants the names changed, that's cool too. Let us know~)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Drop us some name change ideas (with new board descriptions if you please). All I ask is that your suggestions aren't crud and somewhat resemble the boards they're meant to (ie. No El Fan Clubs. Or Twilight. Or Jonas Brothers. >=O [size=5pt]ILU El :3[/size]).

Given my way, the whole site would be called El Charms ¬¬

That would be funny, El, though it may displease some people.

For the 'Ya Srsly' board, I would call it 'Ze Zerious Talkz.' Yes, I know the name is meant to be read in a funny accent, making it somewhat stupid. However, as it is supposed to contain more serious stuff, this makes it somewhat comical. :p

For the 'Miscylenious... Random Chatter' board, I would call it 'Non-n00b Spam.' Hopefully people get the last part ('Spam') is only supposed to be a somewhat humorous description of the sometimes random discussions on this board. As for 'Non-n00b,' it means that people still have to follow the rules.

I hope these are acceptable.

D'erm... uh. Hmm...

I dunno, I have the feeling that Ya Srsly should probably go along something like Srs Dscsn (Discussion) (a better acronym could be used), because people actually discuss stuff in that board.

Something along the lines of what Secad said would work for the "Misc" board, cuz it's a lot a lot of random postage. I want to call it "Stamps" now, but that's just me after I said random postage. So yeah. Go with Secad's idea on that XP.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Y'know, to go against the flow (kinda) here, I think the "Ya Srsly" board should have a more formal-ish name. Because I somehow get the feeling some n00bs might feel they have every right to post random spam/crap into a serious discussion if the name of the board wasn't serious itself. But maybe that's me. So... that means, I feel like the name should be changed to something like "Serious Discussions" or something. Yeah I fail at names. ^^;

As for the Misc. board... I kinda like the name it is now, though I wouldn't say no to Secad's idea.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My only issue with the "Non-n00b Spam" idea is that it might deter discussion on the Misc. board. While it isn't a spam board, it does allow more flexible topics and posts. We might want to steer clear of any mentions of spam/n00bs for that reason. Just my two cents.

Going with what Shiny said, TBA suggested we simply changed the Misc. board to "Miscellaneous" and Data suggested "The War Room" for the serious discussions board.

Anyone else have ideas? Might end up closing this thread sooner than anticipated otherwise XD

I think that the Misc. board should either be titled "Random Chatter" or "Miscellaneous" not both. The title seems too long in my opinion as is. But hey, that's just me.

I think The War Room is a cool idea for Ya Srsly. It doesn't mention serious discussions at all in its name, but war rooms are that, serious.

So what you should get from what I've said is that I think they should be named "The War Room" and "Random Chatter". :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I must admit that I was expecting to get more input than this, but I can't say much. I had no ideas for it myself. Just figured it'd be refreshing to rename them :X

Me thinks I'll lock this thread now and put up the actual polling, leaving an "other" option for ideas not yet named. Gonna post the polls on both this forum and the Ya Srsly board, me thinks.

Edit: Nevermind. I'll leave this unlocked until I actually have the time to start the polls. Definitely don't now >>;

Thanks again for the suggestions from the people who have replied ^^

I'd really like to name the Serious thingie The Auditorium. It sounds fancy and commanding and seems like one would go there for intelligent discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.