• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Help Pokecharms - Get Beta Invite

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
With all the rampant growth going on at Pokecharms this summer, our server costs will continue to rise and rise. It's not very easy to manage those costs on just the ads alone, so - if you can - we'd like to ask for your help in keeping Pokecharms going onwards.

If you could make a donation (ideally no less than £5, or else Paypal will simply take all the money anyway and it wouldn't really be worth it) using the button below (or above as it will be soon), it would be very much appreciated and will go towards paying for upgrades to the server for your benefit.

If you include your Pokecharms user name along with your donation, you will receive a special donor rank, unique Pokeballs under your name and a place in the Beta program for an upcoming major seekrit project. Without your donations, this project may not even be possible - so please believe me when I say every donation counts.

Thanks to anyone that donates.

HTML:

[img]https://www.paypal.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif[/img]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hey. When I tried clicking the donate button within the thread nothing happened. Clicking the button placed above, however, does go to the proper page. Maybe I'm the only one having that problem, but just a heads-up if the coding is a bit wrong.

Yeah, the donate button is not doing anything for me (the one on the post).

I suspect it is because you're using the HTML tags and not using a translucent BBcode alternative.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Yeah, the donate button is not doing anything for me (the one on the post).

I suspect it is because you're using the HTML tags and not using a translucent BBcode alternative.

Don't really have a BBCode alternative though, it's a Paypal constructed button with specific referals built into the form. It works fine on the main page and on the buttons applied to every page - so it wont really matter.

[quote author=BeginwiththeEnd link=topic=6388.msg109345#msg109345 date=1245782087]
In US$, roughly how much would 5 pounds be?
[/quote]

Approximately $10.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
[quote author=BeginwiththeEnd link=topic=6388.msg109345#msg109345 date=1245782087]
In US$, roughly how much would 5 pounds be?
You should be able to use an online converter for that.

Anyways, Alex, will giving ya more money bring us more benefits?
[/quote]

I'm sure if people make a large donation I could find something extra to throw their way as a thankyou.

Ok, Let me get this clear it costs $10.00 and we will get the special donor group? I will set up a paypal account in about a week, so you can be expected me to pay. By the way is the group permanent?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
No.

You are highly advised to read the rules and the SPAM explained thread to see why what you just posted gained you this warning. Welcome to 'Charms.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Gasp! We discovered a new PokeMon! It can only say its name! o-o

Well, allow me to introduce you to an old friend of mine, he's a Star Trek character.

(drops a 16 ton weight on the n00b)

WESLEY CRUSHER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8NsJn_KpM

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I wont be adding the stuff like that until later on - closer to the time of the beta stuff. It's the easiest way for me to keep track of them all. :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just a note for people who would like to donate, or are planning to - if you could please do so within the week, that would be extremely helpful.

Unfortunately, since we've returned from our downtime, not everyone has made their way back to the site and the ads aren't paying what they did before we went offline. This is leaving an even greater deficit in the server costs - and I genuinely don't have the money to plug the hole myself.

If enough donations aren't received this month, we could be facing another period of downtime. Unfortunately, this could be even longer than the single month before.

The best solution for helping the site is to make regular donations - ideally of over £20 a go per person. (Though if you add an extra £2.50 onto your donation, you will cover PayPal's fee also and allow us to use your full intended donation). I know it's a lot to ask - but I've poured thousands of pounds of my own money into this site over the past few years and right now I simply cannot afford to make up the cost of the server on my own.

So, thanks again to anyone who does donate - and I really hope plenty of you do (as should you).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
An update on this month's situation:

No-one has donated at all this month - thus, with a payment due the Monday after the coming one, we really need people to offer what they can. Please, if you can donate anything at all, do so before tuesday so Paypal can transfer the money in time for the payment.

I'll let you know how the ads hold out next month and whether any donations will be required - but, thankfully, once January comes around, this shouldn't be a problem any more. So, if you can, please, help us out for these last two payments this year - else we could be facing the harsh reality of a Christmas without Pokecharms...

(Don't forget that if you wish to, you can subscribe to make regular payments by going to the 'Paid Subscriptions' area in your profile and signing up via PayPal).

Hey, welcome to the forums.

I don't want to play mod but your post isn't exactly necessary. You can introduce yourself in the corresponding topic (http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=1968.325), but if you abuse smilies and the like it can make the forums hard to navigate.

There are no mods online, which is why I figured to let you know, and if I were you I would read the rules, especially on spamming before posting again.

I hope you enjoy pokecharms, and cool card.

PTP, I should have told you this before but the staff does not really like it when regular members police the forums. Please stick to using the report post button and leave the disciplining to the 'Charms staff.

As for you, paul123, the Charms regulations express disdain towards posting in inappropriate threads and the overuse of smileys and emoticons in posts. Please learn to use them less while you are hear at 'Charms. You shall be warn'd for failing to read the rules thoroughly.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And furthermore, paul123, if you want to have a trainer card in your signature, attaching it to every post is not the way to do it. Upload it to an image hosting server such as Photobucket, and place it between img tags in your signature, which you can edit through your profile.