1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Not receiving emails!

Discussion in 'Questions and Site Feedback' started by Shen: King of the Mist, Jul 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Shen: King of the Mist

Shen: King of the Mist Previously Shen: Ghost Gym Leader

i seem to be falling behind in my roleplays and conversations as of late due to my emails not coming in. I’ve checked my notifications, privacy, security, and personal settings. All of which didn’t do anything. Does anyone know a way to fix this? This is the second time this has happened

Retro Master likes this.
  2. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

This belongs no where near the actual RP forums. Moved to where it's actually supposed to go.

3. Shen: King of the Mist

Alright, I apologize for that Stellar. Suppose it was rather peculiar looking back on it haha.

4. Teapot

Teapot Virtual Duck Enthusiast

I've replied to your PM on the same subject, but for the benefit of anyone else with this issue, here's what I replied to you with:

Try this:
    1. Visit the All Watched Threads page.
    2. Tick all the threads you want to receive e-mail notifications for.
    3. At the bottom of the list, click "With selected...", then "Enable email notification," then click Go.
    That should restore the e-mails you get when you receive replies to those watched threads.

If a thread doesn't appear in that list, you're not watching it – go to the thread in question and click "Watch Thread" at the top-right to re-watch it.

5. Shen: King of the Mist

I never knew this menu existed. I’ll see if this works. I appreciate the help teapot! :)

6. Shen: King of the Mist

Okay so while this could work for those threads, what about private messages? They aren’t selectable.

7. Teapot

On your Contact Details page, tick the "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" box, then scroll down and click "Save Changes." :)

8. Shen: King of the Mist

So I didn’t get an email from this forum, so that first tactic didn’t seem to do the trick I’m afraid :(

Also that receive email tick box has been ticked for a long while now

9. Teapot

I've isolated the issue here – it's on the server side, but it's going to take longer to fix than I currently have. I've put in a workaround for now, but I'll look at it properly later on.

10. Shen: King of the Mist

Ah okay. Well I appreciate you trying your best to solve the problem. I hope that this problem is solved hopefully soon, and that you don’t break your head over any work load you may have

11. Shen: King of the Mist

So when (estimate wise) would you think there would be a solution to this problem? I don’t mean to be pushy or put any kind of stress into the situation, but I would like to know. That would be most appreciated

12. Teapot

There’s no firm estimate at this time, sorry.