• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Heli: The World Without Humans

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie nodded. "I'm still weak, but I can try..." Instead of using one of the moves mentioned, she began using a different move. Her eyes glowed green as a massive stalk of vines and leaves emerged in front of her, reaching the sky. Using Quick Attack, she launched herself to the top, and then used Glitzy Glow. This weakened her severely, and she Quick Attacked back to the ground, stumbling slightly.

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Glow came up to the tired Eevee and apologized. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to tire you. I packed some berries with me so that might help." He put down his pack that he held on his back and gave the Eevee some Sitrus and Leppa Berries. The Heliolisk followed the Eevee's lead, not noticing the other Pokemon and used Quick Attack to dash up the Sappy Seed. At the top, he used Charge to build up power and then Parabolic Charge to shoot out a supercharged yellow orb. Once high in the air, it began shooting bolts into the air around it. He used Quick Attack once again and checked on the Eevee.

"I'll send my own signal," Sunny said. She knew that her team wouldn't come unless it was her signal. The one she showed them. Sunny used Quick Attack to help her climb the trees. She then used Shadow Ball, then followed with Swift, lastly a Dazzling Gleam.

Nightfall saw the bright lights and noticed Sunny's signal among them. "Come on, this way!" She shouted as she ran towards the bright light.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
(I deleted my other post, I think it was too irrelevant. I'll do something else instead.)
While heading in the direction of the psychic energy, Nijima felt a powerful blast of psychic energy in the area. Afterwars, he looked up to the sky and saw bright yellow electricity strike, and a big figure that looked like a sort of plant. "Hey, did you see that?" Nijima asked Frosty and Charles. "Yeah, I did! Very flashy!" Frosty said. "Maybe that's where the energy is coming from?" Charles suggested. "Possible. We should probably go check it out just in case. Let's go." he replied, speeding in that direction. Frosty and Charles followed, the Cryogonal floating, and the Krookodile underground by digging.

Nightfall didn't look at Stamp and only said. "The Shadow Ball, Swift, and Dazzling Gleam combo, yes. Of course she isn't in any danger or she would of used the Swift, Psychic rebound combo. So she is safe. But I still want to get to her a quickly as I can."

Sunny smiled and said, "Nightfall is coming now! She won't be to long, I think."

Pollen-Puff

Clever and Fortune looked up to see a large plant with moves being executed from on top: first a Glitzy Glow that Clever told Fortune that came from the Eevee. Next, Fortune saw a strong Parabolic Charge. This excited both of them as they knew this was Glow's favorite move. They then saw a combination of moves and heard some other Pokemon racing to the giant plant. The two of them ran as quickly as they could and found an Eevee, Glow, and the missing Espeon. Fortune ran over to her team member, relieved to see him. Clever followed and Fortune gave him a hug while Clever awkwardly tried to move his straight arms in a hug shape.

Sunny looked at Allie with concern. "Here, let me help," she said as she used Sunny Day then followed it up with Morning Sun on Allie. "Feel better?" She asked after attempting to heal the exhausted Eevee.

Nightfall made it to Sunny. "Oh thank Arceus! Sunny where were you! You had me worried sick! Sneaking out like that, I thought I taught you better! Now let me take a look at you, don't want you to get an infection from a random thorn in your paw," Nightfall said as she looked Sunny over.
Sunny just smiled and said, "I'm fine! I didn't use Morning Sun on me, Nightfall!"

Pollen-Puff

The trio of Team Ripple Effect was happy that everyone was okay. Fortune used Teleport, a move that she had learned recently from a Pokemon at Pyukumuku Lake. They all held Fortune's hands and in a flash of light, they were back to their battlefield. Fortune asked Glow to come with him. She put on a smile that worried Glow as he knew it was bad. "What are you going to do to me?" Fortune smiled and replied, "Oh, just a bit of Misty Terrain for leaving us ALONE IN THE WOODS!" The Clefairy used Misty Terrain, emitting sparkles from her body. She then sang a note and the sparkles burst into small pink lights which caused a mist to surround the two. Fortune Teleported out and begin to manipulate the mist.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
After the three Pokémon had finally gotten to the source, whatever caused it seemed to have gone off. However, an Espeon, Eevee, and Absol remained at the scene. “Well, I guess whatever happened here’s been settled. We have no reason to bother with them. From the looks of it, they’ve already gone through a lot anyways.” Nijima said as his teammates regrouped. “Yeah, somthin’ big musta happened in order for someone to go through the trouble of forming a beanstalk and unleashing powerful attacks at the sky.” Charles agreed with his teammate. “Aw, but, I wanna ta-“ “No, Frosty. We’ll be better off not disturbing them” Nijima interrupted before Frosty could continue. And so, they began to head off towards the Jeweled Taiga... well, except Frosty. Instead of listening to his teammates, he went invisible(read Cryogonals Pokédex entry, it’s possible for it to go invisible by use of acid armor, which Frosty has) and watched the three Pokémon from a semi-close spot, still invisible. Of course, he wasn’t maliciously stalking, but rather being playful in his watch of the three.

Pollen-Puff

Team Ripple Effect decided to go treasure-hunting in Carta Tunnel after they all forgave. When they got to the cave, they started walking through. Fortune felt a strong presence that drew her towards it. Following it, she found a rock which she knew was important. "Guys," she said, "look at this rock. Can't you feel some sort of energy?" Glow rolled his eyes and continued walking, as did the others. Glow then felt the same sort of energy as Fortune and found a small orange rock in the shape of a sun. He picked it up, knowing that it was a Sun Stone, much like the one that he evolved with. The three moved on until they found a side tunnel. Moving down it, the three felt a small chill. In a cave with magma lighting some of itself, this wasn't normal. The trio continued on until they felt winds above them. They looked up and saw blue lights, ice, and snow rotating in midair. The spinning thing glowed until life-size icicles came down from all angles and trapped Team Ripple Effect in ice.

Shard dashed up to three Pokemon trapped in his Icicle Crash attack. They had intruded in his part of the cave. He slashed the icicles with Metal claw and kept his claws turned metal while asking "Why are you here? This is my chamber. Leave." One of the three, a Metang, surrounded himself with dark energy and dashed at Shard with Pursuit. The Sandslash rolled quickly, bashing into the attack and spun sideways to spin the Metang as well. The Metang looked hurt so Shard decided to spare them. "Go home. Leave."

Singe was busy waiting for his friends at Pyukumuku Lake. They were really late this time. 'Where are those two losers. They should've met me at the Glimmering Shrine when I arrived. Don't tell me they got lost!'
The young litleo should have been the last pokèmon to talk about getting lost. This often happened to him on occasion.

He also wasn't serious about the latter stament about his friends being losers but it felt good anyway to imagine evolving before the both of them. The explosion of energy did startle him-not that he would admit it-but it wasn't his concern. All he cared about was seeing his friends for the first time in a month. All the while, glaring at the pokèmon that dared invade his personal space, he also remembered his wish he made.
'I wish that Team Wild Flames would become the strongest of them all!'

Little did the rash litleo realize that most of the Explorer Teams had no idea their band of misfits even exited since it was founded just 4 months ago. Still, he was determined to change that. His friends, Rumble and Echo, had agreed to meet up after giving up offerings to Jirachi at Pyukumuku Lake to test how much they had grown in their time apart. The dedication spent training was ridiculous and even though they haven't evolved yet, they are close to it. After training until sunset, Singe usually picked berries in Fable Fields to snack on in secret.

Now, sitting perilously close to steep drop-off, he made a silent promise to himself.

'This month, I promise I won't tumble head over paws into the Lake again like I did last month.'

Pollen-Puff

Shard sighed, seeing the trio leave. He proceeded to cool down his area with Hail and Blizzard and set down fragments of Icy Rocks. The Sandslash then walked back to the Carta Cave entrance for his challenge with an Ursaring. The bear arrived and they glared at each other. The Hibernator Pokemon couldn't take it and attacked Shard with Slash. The Mouse Pokemon then rolled into a ball, taking the hit and glowing grey. Uncurling caused the powerful move Metal Burst to activate, sending a grey, metallic energy wave with double the power of the Slash towards the Ursaring. They both fell back and then Shard used Ice Ball and the Ursaring used Wood Hammer. Ice Ball helped Shard dodge the initial strike, but the Normal-type wasn't done. Ice Ball Shattered and Shard used it again to make a bigger ball around himself didge again. Ice Ball was sued again and it collided evenly with the Wood Hammer. One more Ice Ball hit the Ursaring hard and he lost lots of health and got finished off by a Metal Claw. "There aren't enough challenges here..."

Meteor charged at Fury with his blades powered up, and succeeded using Arial Ace, though unfortunately for him not a critical hit. Following soon after, Fury struck the Gallade with a Flame Charge.

Meteor and Fury like to have battles to test their skills and their moves, and this time it was hosted at Pyukumuku Lake near the water. There were Pokemon watching, and neither wanted to let them down.

Again charging at Meteor, Fury cloaked herself once again in flames and went for Meteor with a Flame Charge. Right before she hit, the Gallade dodged and used Psycho Cut from behind. With no time to dodge, it resulted in a critical hit. The crowd cheered.

Fury was quick to get up and used Fire Spin from the tip of her stick right at the Gallade, catching him in the swirl of flames and she added her own twist to the move, exploding the fire. Again, the crowd began to cheer.

Meteor jumped right up when he fell down and sped towards the opposing Braixen, using Close Combat but missing as Fury dodged, and used Iron Tail straight in his back, stunning him. The small crowd of Pokemon cheered again.

After a few seconds, Meteor got up and did the same move, Close Combat. When Fury jumped up and tried to do the same thing, Meteor used Psycho Cut, slamming the Braixen to the ground.

Fury was obviously knocked out, and Meteor helped her up when she was conscious again. “Good battle,” He paused. “but you still have a ways to go before you can defeat me.” Fury rolled her eyes at that statement, walking back to Pyukumuku Lake with Meteor.

Pollen-Puff

Team Ripple Effect knew that an important day was coming: the next Day Of Offerings and this one was supposed to be special. The Xatu (plural) in Featherstone Cliffs had predicted an eclipse on the same night as the Day, so the ceremony would take place at night. They prepared their offerings from all around their home but began to feel like their home had lost a bit of its color. Glow and Clever shrugged but Fortune got nervous and started to examine the area and use Moonlight and Misty Terrain in an attempt to fix their home. Getting excited, they started to wrap their bundles and go to the Leavanny nearby to get leaf bows. Fortune then colored hers with pink and white petals and then put it to her chest and used Stored Power to give it a small shimmer. Glow used a move to brighten his bow and give it functional use. Making a ring electric orbs, he carefully lifted the spinning ring of electric balls and absorbed most of their electricity, shrinking the balls and making them unable to hurt, though they still spun. He then used Magnet Rise on the bow to charge it with electricity and the moved the orbs around the bow so that they would spin slowly around. Clever used Miracle Eye to make his bow glow and have a strange sort of energy to it. This would also allow him to sense the bow in emergencies and see where and who the wearer is. Satisfied with their bows, they all wrote a wish to wrap in their bundles and waited for nighttime.

(Sorry this is so long but I joined late and needed to give my team a big intro to make up for lost time)

Sola was dashing across the Sol Desert on his way back from an unenjoyable rescue mission at Rainy Bay when his parter Bea noticed an injured Farfetch’d fighting against multiple Mandibuzz and Honchkrow. “Sola, that Farfetch’d looks like he’s in trouble, let’s go help.” Sola was exhausted from a day of fighting water types and was about to reject Bea’s proposition, but when he turned to observe the spectacle he saw that the duck Pokémon was guarding a baby Cubone. Now fully understanding the situation, Sola started using extreme speed to rush to the injured Pokémon’s aid as a Mandibuzz began loading a sky attack in what appeared to be an attempt to be a finishing blow. Sola prayed to Arceus to let him make it there in time.

Atticus looked towards the larger scavenger bird Pokémon with nothing but anger in his eyes, he had not been able to take down even a single one of them. What was I thinking, one of them would’ve been challenging enough to beat, but standing up to a whole group was suicide. As these thoughts raced through his mind he came to terms with his fate while the seemingly leader of the group shrouded herself in a white light as she prepared to end him. He was filled with rage, not because he was going to die, but because the Cubone he had rushed in to defend was going to die too, and all because he wasn’t strong enough to protect him. Atticus prepared his leak for a cut attack, hoping it could somehow take down the vulture and save the Cubone.

The Mandibuzz rushed towards them and Atticus braced himself for impact. With blinding speed Atticus was propelled from where he stood, but was stunned by the lack of pain he felt. His vision began to blur and the last thing he saw before he blacked out from exhaustion was a flash of orange fur.

“I cannot believe you made it in time, you’re amazing” cheered Bea. Sola set the two injured Pokémon down and told Bea to take care of them. As the Cherrim went to work using heal pulse on them, Sola, fueled by rage, glared towards the dark bird Pokémon. The Mandibuzz and Honchkrow began charging towards the group of four, and Sola responded with an intense flamethrower. The skill gap was obvious, and those not knocked out by the fire were smart enough to flee. Sola put the three on his back and headed toward his home while Bea went to work healing the severely injured Pokémon.

Atticus awoke, and upon seeing the intimidating Arcanine he attempted to stand up to defend himself, but was far to weak and stumbled over right after. “You shouldn’t be moving in the condition you’re in” scolded Bea. Reluctantly, Atticus agreed and laid down. “Who are you?” He asked, “I’m Bea and that’s Sola, we are an independent rescue team, well at least he is, I just tag along for support” replied Bea “Anyways we saw you getting beat up by those bullies and just had to help.” “I was fine” Atticus lied, then he remembered the Cubone he was protecting, panic set in and he shrieked “Where is he, where’s the Cubone I was protecting.” “There was a Cubone?” Joked Sola. “. “Of course there was a Cubone you dimwit, why did you think I was fighting those guys?” Shrieked Atticus. Sola chuckled “Obviously we saved him, he was in much better shape than you were. His name is Chai and he’s just resting over there since he’s all tired out from playing.” “Oh that’s a relief” sighed Atticus as he passed out once again from exhaustion.

When Atticus awoke again it was night. He walked outside for a breath of fresh air and sat in awe as he gazed at the moon and stars over the clear canyon sky. Remembering his previous failure, Atticus grabbed his leak and began crushing rocks for training. Sola was awoken by the sound and walked outside to check it out. He saw the duck Pokémon relentlessly training “You really shouldn’t be doing that in your current state, and if that’s not enough Bea will kill you for making her healing go to waste.” Atticus laughed and sat down his leak. “Anyways -erm sorry I don’t think I got your name, but what were you doing fighting all those guys? there were way too many for you to handle alone”Asked Sola awkwardly. “It’s Atticus, and I know I’m weak and I know I could’ve been killed but I couldn’t just leave Chai there to die.” Then Atticus began crying “I want to help, I really do. I train myself every day but I’m still to weak to do anything, you wouldn’t understand, I mean look at you.” “Well then why don’t you create a team? I’m sure with a few more Pokémon you’d be in good shape.” Sola suggested. “Well I do have a team, Team Justice, it just that not many Pokémon want to follow a guy like me. But that’s ok I’ll just keep getting stronger until I’m able to save everyone myself.” Proclaimed Atticus. “That’s very admirable” replied Sola as he headed off back to the den “And now you have three Pokémon that would be honored to follow you.” Team Justice thought Sola Finally a leader I can get behind.

Pollen-Puff

The sun started to set, and Team Ripple Effect was getting excited. They wrapped up their bundles and put them on their backs when suddenly a black fog started to roll in. Glow used Flash for light, and Fortune used Moonlight. This helped them see, but the fog got thicker and it started to turn red. Fortune then asked, "Let's go to the shrine and give our offerings. The fog will probably pass by the time we come back." "That sounds like a logical idea," Clever said in his metallic voice. Glow frowned and said, "I'm staying here. You can take my bundle, I'll catch up when this passes." Fortune used Attract, winking and sending pink-and-gold hearts towards Glow, but he used Glare and stopped the move from executing. His gaze also paralyzed Fortune, but she didn't care. Glow waited until they left and then used Parabolic Charge to shoot an orb into the sky and unleash a discharge of electricity around him, then the lightning reversed and came back into the orb, healing him a bit.

Team Rising Sun looked at their offerings. Everything seemed to be in place. Sunny was using Psychic on the bundles and marrily carrying it along. They had to fix their den up earlier, but now everything seemed to be fine. The group didn't live too far from the shrine, so they were there in almost no time. "Everything is right here!" Sunny exclaimed. Nightfall shook her head and looked at the younger Pokemon that they were bringing. They didn't always do this, but Aurora insisted that they all went, as a team. At last, they reached the top of the mountain.

Pollen-Puff

Glow tried everything to stop the fog: Dragon Tail, Parabolic Charge, Flash, Razor Wind, and every other move he knew, but it just came in greater numbers until he could barely see. He eventually started to get angry and the fog seemed to swirl around him. He started to walk backward in fear of the fog, but he was stopped by the fog that had seemed to solidify. it came closer and closer until he inhaled it. He wasn't under mind control afterward, but his anger seemed to have spiked. It was still Glow, just a Glow that had extreme anger coursing through him.

Fortune and Clever made it to the Glimmering Shrine and saw Team Rising Sun already there. The duo greeted the friendly team and expressed their concern for Glow. The Heliolisk still hadn't come back and they both felt some kind of electric charge along the way. Clever tried to put down the offerings but Fortune refused until Glow arrived.

'That's it!' , thought Singe irritably.
'I'm going by myself. I'm tired of waiting here like some kind of Slakoth.'
After standing up and stretching his numb limbs, the litleo began to notice the red fog hovering in the sky growing wider and darker like heavy rain clouds blotting out the sun. He backed up slowly and snatched up his offering before trotting toward Secrecy Forest to place his offering at the Glimmering Shrine.
'I wonder what's holding them up..did something happen?'

He figured that the faster he placed down his offering the better. Hopefully, that would deflect any future criticism from his friends about the type of offering he was giving. He had berries wrapped in a leaf bundle that he loved munching on from time to time. Singe didn't want anyone to see that he was offering Oran berries to Jirachi. Afterwards, he planned on fitting in some crammed training.

He knew it would put a strain on him but he was in quite a rush to evolve. 'I'm sooo close! I can feel it! Then we'll finally be noticed! We'll be the strongest team!' Things seemed to be looking up for Team Wild Flames, but he knew one thing was certain. If the fog over Pyukumuku Lake kept expanding, he'd skip the Glimmering Shrine and go straight home and feast on the delicious Oran berries himself. As long as he had those, he wouldn't care if the fog engulfed all of Heli.

Pollen-Puff

Fortune and Clever made their wishes to Jirachi and out down their bundle. Each one had petals of a different type put together to make a bouquet and a leaf with a design poked in so that the light would shine through in a certain shape. they stepped back and saw some other teams put their offerings on the shrine. Suddenly, a large eye symbol appeared on the largest shrine pillar and glowed. The two stood, rapt in wonder, as a strange Pokemon flew out happily from the symbol. Suddenly, a young and eager voice appeared in their heads. H-hello? Are you all a dream? Wow, this is a really pretty dream! I'm Jirachi, let's be friends!

As Singe scrambled to reach the temple in time, he witnessed a bright light emanating from the Shrine and dropped his bundle. The berries rolled out of the leaf wrap, scattering on the ground. He was temporarily stunned before he could reopen his eyes. Singe sat back on his haunches and rubbed his lids with his plump paws before attempting to try again. This time, the litleo could actually see the Shrine, surrounded by other teams and offerings littering the ground.

What he saw next almost made him faint. 'I-Is that...Jirachi?? That fog must've done something to my head..'
Then he saw his friends with their gifts already placed at the Shrine, the same dumbfounded look was written on their faces as well. Singe shook his head and struck himself on his oversensitive nose.

"Ow! That didn't work.." , he cried, rubbing it gingerly.

The litleo began to wonder if he was hallucinating. Or maybe he was dreaming. There was no way he was looking at the legendary Jirachi. Though if other pokèmon saw him, it must be real. 'W-what do I say? What do I do?? Is there something wrong? Why is Jirachi awake?'

Many more questions quickly fumble through his head. When the legendary pokèmon started talking, he almost stopped breathing.

Last edited:

Pollen-Puff

Jirachi looked around, then laughed. "This isn't a dream! If it was, you would all know me and we would be playing and flying and making new worlds and sle..." The Mythical Pokemon rambled for about a minute or so, then it felt something. Suddenly, its third eye opened on its stomach and Jirachi fell to the ground. "No, not IT... Why is IT here? I thought..."

Glowing eyes appeared in front of Glow, and then a flashing red. Zoroark appeared, fog swirling. This would happen to all others corrupted by the fog, but this Heliolisk was their first target. The fog turned red, and a black beam came down on Glow. His hope hung on through the excruciating pain as a red heart shape which was visible through the odd beam, but it quickly lost all color and turned white. Zoroark then took it and threw it into the sky. This would help him collect power and corrupt others in the same way. Glow opened his eyes, now corrupted of Zoroark's power. This was the beginning of something big.

The Fire-Pokèmon looked up at the angry red and black fog he witnessed earlier, at the mesmirized legendary Jirachi and the menacing Zoroark. Immediately, Singe dove for a cluster of bushes and peeked out, only to see his Teammates do the same. He was terrified, along with confused, petrified now and skeptical of what he was seeing. Echo, the nervous Noibat, had taken cover close by. However, the level- headed Pancham was, unfortunately, nowhere to be seen.

'What's happening?? Am I safe? Should I attempt to escape?'
As Singe continued scrolling through the unorganized rolodex that was his thoughts, he noticed his paws were trembling and a soft rustle came from the trees above his head. Singe looked up, only to see his friend Rumble, consealed in the thick branches and foliage. Another louder sound came from his right. An anxious flutter of wings, a small squeak and a shiver of bushes was all he needed to identify Echo.

Relief swept over him, only to be replaced by uncertainty and fear.

"Is this real?" , he whispered disbelieving to his friends.

"Most likely." , murmured Rumble shifting the leaf dangling from his mouth.

Echo looked horrified beyond return, shivering and realesing small squeaks whenever he could. Singe started to get curious and chose to address him.

"What's the matter?"

Echo looked at the Litleo, replying in a grave tone.

"That's the Zoroark. A Nightmare. My mother used to tell me about him all the time." , he said still shaking.

"You mean that creepy creature is a Pokèmon??"

"What does it matter?" , interrupted a disgruntled Pancham, "If he's a Nightmare like you say, we'd better keep away from him. Come on, let's go before things get worse."

At that, the three friends began to ease away from the Shrine and an devistating sight. Just as they were exiting the perimeter, Singe began to realize the fog was created by the evil pokèmon that dared manipulate Jirachi; creator of Heli. At times like these, it made Singe resent not being fully evolved. Then he realized something else. He recollected that there was fog at Pyukumuku Lake as well.

If he'd stayed, he would have become mindless just the same.
'I would've never spoken to my friends or family again..'
He shivered at the thought.