• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

HeartGold and SoulSilver Release: Confirmed

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nintendo of America published a press release today confirming the information from our previous HG/SS-related update. The games will indeed be released on March 14th of next year. As quoted from the article:

On the portable side, Nintendo's hand-held systems will see the arrival of a number of diverse games, including the eagerly awaited Pokémonâ„¢ HeartGold Version and Pokémonâ„¢ SoulSilver Version on March 14. Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version allow fans to return to the scenic Johto region first introduced in the beloved Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games. The games have been fully enhanced with rich graphics, updated sound, new touch-screen controls and much more.

You can click the thumbnails below to see larger images of the English box artwork. Hopefully the European release date for the games will be revealed soon, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Also announced was that the new Wario Ware game (where you get to make your own Wario Ware games) is also due in March.

Happy March fun times. :D

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
The two people who posted above you live in Europe :p You can always import the game, if you want, which is what we're doing. ^^

Wow, as with Chi, this will be an excellent birthday present (the release date is four days after my birthday). I'm really excited about these games ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
As I said in the other topic, the chances of the games hitting Europe around May are very high. A gap of about 2 months isn't exactly that much - afterall, we waited the best part of a year before Emerald made the trip across the Atlantic.

The release dates from US to Europe have changed quite a bit in the last months/years, as I have noticed. A lot of games come out EU 3-7days after US release.
With some luck this might be the case with Pokemon HG/SS too!

YES!!!
I just realized that is the beggining of spring break for me. A whole week free to play right after release. Sooooo Excited!

Feh, I'm gonna wait for the European version to come out, so I can get me the Arceus event for HG/SS and also take part in any other events for the two. Still, I heard it's supposed to be a real cracker of a game, so I'm looking forward to it.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Feh, I'm gonna wait for the European version to come out, so I can get me the Arceus event for HG/SS and also take part in any other events for the two. Still, I heard it's supposed to be a real cracker of a game, so I'm looking forward to it.

If you imported, you'd still be able to access the US WiFi events (and, of course, can still use it for the physical ones). Importing really wouldn't effect getting the events outside of getting them earlier by getting the American ones instead of ours. :p