• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

HeartGold and SoulSilver: A Possible UK Release Date?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
249Lugia.png
Online retailer Play.com have posted a release date for HeartGold and SoulSilver in the UK: March 26th, 2010. Although this is very, very tentative - the listing doesn't even have box art or a description yet, it bodes well: most speculation so far has put the release date somewhere in May for Europe. Obviously, being released less than two weeks after the American version would be excellent, and a huge step forward from the 2-3 months (or more!) we Europeans traditionally have to wait for Pokémon games.

As usual, take this with a pinch of salt until we see it confirmed - Play.com are a large and reputable retailer, but like any business, they are prone to wild guesses. I'll update here if we hear any more.

Last edited:
Yay! The UK will have it not too long after the US for once. Hopefully this rumor will be true, although I won't be surprised if it's all made up.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Let's hope it's accurate, because that'd be a real nice release date for the rest of you lot. :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I did hear some rumours floating around that the UK would receive HG/SS not too long after the US did long before now - seems they may possibly be legitimate.

Either way, I'll probably still try and get my hands on a US version so I can steal your Wi-Fi events early, if they're still held on different dates from version to version.

Ha I was right!

Videogame companys try to get those games out on a more and more global schedule, which is great.

US to Europe seems to be almost in synch now, now theres only japan/US, and thats getting better too, with Final Fantasy 13 being released in the US only 3 months after Japan.

Its getting better and better!

When I first read this in Bulbapedia, I was pretty happy.
I had a kind of feeling this would happen (if the rumour is true) especially with the early release of the 12th movie.
It's like Nintendo's trying to speed up the fourth gen... maybe to introduce Gen V sooner?
Only time will tell.

Did you hear about the Pikachu Colored Pichu or the Spikey-Eared Pichu? If not go on pokemon.com, then click more information for the Heartgold Soulsilver thing, click more information again on the next screen, then click the right arrow a few times until you're at the end, then read it. That more information button basically takes you to an area that tells you about the games. But it doesn't say anything about the Pokewalker.