• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver

I figured it was only fair those in the Realm got a chance to talk about the upcoming remakes.

So far, not much is known, but there are several screenshots:

http://www.psypokes.com/index.php

And a nice little video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kOTlMnWPE

All in all, I'm totally hyped up about this, Johto was my all time favorite region. I'm also a huge fan of the Pokemon of the G\S era. And, the music. The music was spectacular, and, from the bit you can see in the video, it sounds great now, too. I also love the new Artwork that the G\S Pokemon are finally going to get, even if we've only seen the starters thus far.

So go on, and discuss. What are you excited for? Worried about it? Any plans already forming?

(But please, I'm posting this to try to help you guys. Try to practice proper grammar, stay on topic and the like. ^^)

I am really excited for this remake since I thought the G/S/C games were really fun. I hope they put the Poke Gear and all its applications back in. I thought that part was really nice. I'm also really glad that they decided to have the Pokemon following you, like in the Yellow version. I'll definitely get this game when it comes out.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Very appropriate you chose to make all your posts in the realm because this surely is where you belong. You are now officially a n00b that went too far. Read the rules, attempt to grow a brain and MAYBE, if we feel generous, we might let you out of here.

I'm excited about the pokewalker feature. Good for my riolus. It'll be nice for eggs too. I run races so I can wear it during my training. :) I also like that any pokemon can follow you. It's funny to imagine something large such as dialga following you. :o

YAY! *grabs celebratory cake*
I'm pretty glad that there's finally a G/S remake coming. They were definitely my favorite games and generation. Don't know when the games will reach my shores, though.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I also like that any pokemon can follow you. It's funny to imagine something large such as dialga following you. :o

Great, now I have a mental image of Steelix lumbering down the road after me, causing earth tremors as it does so... The REAL LIFE road that I live in, that is. I'm pretty sure that a Steelix is the size of a house in reality, so that's quite a freaky mental image to have.

Of course, really, the Pokemon's speed should be taken into account. If Snorlax was following you, you'd have to constantly wait for it to catch you up!

I've seen a screenshot of a steelix following you. It's not huge! *GASP* :o Although it is bigger than pokemon that are smaller than it, so they do take size into some consideration. ::)