• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hax's Chaotic melee of all things Pokecharms...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I'm so glad we're married.

This thing is amazing; pure and simple. The design is... incredible and the I love the pose. Awesome job.

Zimmy looks stunning and elegant and that taaaaaaail oh my gods.
I love the way you draw robots.
I love the way you draw anthing :V
But really and truly, I'm really impressed with the little addendum at the bottom- Zimmy's report. I love the things you write you amazing artist man :V

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And U R b&.

Okay, not yet, but you're very close to it.

Seriously. This sort of comments (I saw your post in Magpie's thread too) falls both under the definition of SPAM (Under Pointlessly Short Posts) and also under the definition of Gibberish. U is not a damn word, neither is R, and gr8 certainly isn't. English or gtfo.

Read the rules, or be disemboweled.

MJ.png

Right; for the next few days, I won't be having access to a scanner, so the lineart quality in the coming artworks may not be omg-mind-numbing ;P

But aniwaiz, introducing a new OC I'm developing at the moment, Eloise Margaret Joy also known as MJ for short. She is in fact a Nurse Joy, only not too complacent of the whole 'my whole family looks exactly like me its so effing creepy' thing. She has a decidedly different wardrobe (though some elements never change) and has decided to fore go the impossible hairdo most Nurse Joys come with. Although she is kind-hearted and skilled in the field of Pokemon medicine, the years she has spent being ignored by trainers and hanging out way too much with their Pokemon has left her cynical and tactless in her speech.

And onto the main attraction =D

newstyle.png

Really wanted to try something different here, and so I delved into the two Photoshop tools I have constantly overlooked all this time. When properly adjusted, the burn and dodge tools can give a warm, children's storybook feel with the manner in which they employ shadows. Hope Katie and Belle enjoy the headshots, 'cause I am loving that Buizel thar. x3

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Oh God. Your stuff is normally brilliant - as you know - but that second pic's style is so extremely gorgeous. I feel like specifically writing a children's style book just so you could illustrate it in that style.

Belle looks amazing. The soft and psuedo-realistic textures really work for these headshots; they're so very different from your normal style but nonetheless have a distinct 'RX' quality about them. Linkachu looks almost human due to the colours you chose, it's vaguely creepy.

On a side note, I really like the idea of a Nurse Joy who's cynical and introverted around people. The poor Nurses hardly ever get that much interaction in the game or series.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ooo... new coloring and shading styles. I love seeing artists step outside their usual techniques and try something new. The finishing result looks excellent, RX. Hope to see more from you colored like that as well ^^

And... yeah, it goes without saying, I adore the Linkachu headshot. It almost looks more Hyrulian than usual which is pretty cool. Thanks for the consideration, Hax ^^

MJ is a great design, and she sounds/looks like a fun character from her expressions/clothing choices. Cynical Pokemon world peoples are wonderful things... XD

Loving the new technique, it does remind me of children storybooks. Particularly squeeling at the Linkachu portrait, the colors are so soft and kind of old looking, its perfect!

*clears throat* SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*ahem*

MJ is rather gorgeous, I think, incredible art, as always. (I just giggled 'cause I thought of Micheal Jackson and me calling him gorgeous. Ah, well xD)

Anyway, the way you worked with the burn tool is simply incredible. I've played around with it a bit, and have never gotten anyway close to that kind of effect. You, good sir, are an artistic genius.

*gasps and explodes*

That Linkachu is gorgeous! It almost looks hand-drawn, except for the fact it's a file on a computer. XD The ears are so cute...

Tee hee. A mean-ish Nurse Joy. I never thought it would happen! That character is pretty awesome. Seeing her in an RP or fic would be awesome, just to see how she interacts.

newstyle2.png

Moar experimentation. Because Belle's awesome hair seems to be a fluke on my part and I can't seem to recreate it. And why does Dawn can has Katara's hair loopies? No idea. But more importantly, to the right is a very interesting, if not humorously created character. This is Olive. A very nice girl who lives in the woods looking after sick and injured wild Pokemon. What's interesting about this loveable lady is the fact that she's a deaf-mute. Yeah, you probably have an idea who this character was created for. (clue: his advance shall have no effect on her.) Her disability has far from hindered her grasp of a normal life, as Pokemon and travelers alike often visit her just to make sure she's alright, although she ends up taking care of them most of the time. In her one can see a gentle but strong spirit.

Oh, I love the vacnt stare in Miss Olivelady's eyes! You make pretty people, I must say~ I love MissMJ's hair and the Twilight Linkachu, who is ever so sewious :>

Um, yes, keep making art, or, I'll do...nothing. BUT I SHALL BE EVER SO SAD.

I approve, RX. Olive is an excellent character. I would wonder how she acts with people, and if she knows a sort of sign language.

Yes! Alternative Dawn hairstyle! I think the braid looks much better than her official hair. The hair loopies don't look too bad, either. I bet the shading was evil to get right on that braid.

That it was, Secad; that it was.

AaronAsh.png

Another sleepless night on my part, but well worth it. Too tired to make any real comments, so just enjoy the pretty piccu :>

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
daaaaaaang I missed a lot thanks to school. D:

Anyways, omg I looooooved these new drawlings RX you're doing really well with the birn and dodge tools. :D My personal fav so far has to be Dawn, and I really can't say why tbh...

and that latest piccu is soooo awesome I'm speachless.

AlamosDawn.png

Yeah, I'd go and draw Brock too if he had a neat outfit from any of the movies ('cause other than the Bishop garb from the 8th movie, I got nothing.)

Dawn does in fact wear this stylish Alice-y outfit. Just go and watch the movie 10 credits.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ooo... These latest two almost look like you painted them the traditional way. It's really nice seeing the full-body shots in that style. I really love the soft shading and colors for both.

Ash is adorable. Frelling adorable. And my god I wish I owned that hat.

These stuff are the best I've seen, and unsurprisingly better than mine on MS Paint as I really suck! I have GOT to see more of these... I BEG YOU!

whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy have I gone five days
FIVEDAYSFIVEDAYS
without seeing theeeeeeeeeeeeeeese -can has heartbreak-

I've always loved your MJ character.
And Bluez omnomnomnomnom.
And Twilight!Katie is fabulous.
but
MAN RX.
I look gooooooooooooooood babeh.
That hair is amazing, I'm so happy to see this amazing revelation within your style it's so warm and fuzzy and soft.
love it.
l-l-l-l-l-l-love it.
love.

Also, I really love the way Dawn's hat came out in the next picture, the shading is so beautiful and the hair looks so thick and has so much depth- same with Olive, and her eyes are so pretty too.
The lineless pictures are gorgeous too, I love the dress you drew on Dawn and the Sir Aaron!Ash getup I've always adored. He looks so cute when you draw him :V

I love your art and you and I never see you anymoar and it makes my little heart sad but here's some love for you anyway because I think you could use some.

Heh, both Dawn and Ash look a little chibi-ish. It suits them.

Oooh, lack of black outline really makes both of these characters look interesting, almost 3-D.

Sadly, I don't think I was paying much attention to the tenth movie's credits, so I don't know exactly what outfit you're talking about. *whacks self in face for not paying attention to the credits*

Oh that guy!

He's from an MMO you told me about. He's the knight or something.

And he's got a human partner.

But I can't remember either names for the life of me.

Goodbye, RX. I'll miss you!

OH OH KAL KNOWS KAL KNOWS! Wait, no he doesn't.

I wait on baited breath for your return, and thanks for this final piece

Ah, I always come back when many pages have been added.

Lemme just say I LOVEEEEE, Z-IMDAS Mk II.
Love love love. Awesome.

And I love your new style, too. I'm sooooo loving it. Amazing.

OMG's, I know that character....DARN MEMORY. Can't think of the name.....
I know, though! *facepalm*

Anyways, this new style is amazing, and your attention to detail is as amazing as evar. Awesome job, RX!

Great fur effect on the rabbit...thing.
Also, lovin' the chibi characters.
If only ash looked like that all the time...

Looks like Cornelius to me. :O

Also. Your art has been consistently awesome, and I'm seriously digging the new style too. The shading, the texture, the color in general... I'm very very impressed.

D'aww so cute!

I like the fact that his 'Dark Mode' goes askew when charmed - his poor opponents, they must be so confused. Wonderful art as ever, and a great chance to see all the expressions you can make a single Pokemon pull.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh my gods Bluez is adorable, for so many different reasons... XD

Ice Scythe looks - and sounds - awesome. Nice combination thar.

Who doesn't love a sadistic Pokemon? Makes me wonder what Ruin's full story is, though :O

Wonderful page, RX. Buizel has never looked more cute ^__^

thanks for the comments pplz :>

lilicharasheet.jpg

Basic Information
Lilli
Full name: Maria Lillian Huntre
Species: Buneary-->Lopunny
Ability: Klutz
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Caught at: Eterna Forest
Class: Contest Pokemon, Physical Sweeper
Current Moves: Return, Jump Kick, Bounce, Fling
As a Buneary, Lilli was always a clumsy Pokemon. She often tripped, spilled her food and caused accidents for her teammates whenever they were practicing. Determined not to casue trouble for her newfound friends, Lilli with the help of her trainer underwent training in order to become more agile and graceful. As they trained, Lilli and Ruin bonded and became rather close, resulting in her evolution. Now as a Lopunny, Lilli possesses beauty and grace she lacked as a child, making her one of the prima Contest Pokemon in Ruin's team.

1) Although Lilli has been groomed for a life under the spotlight, she much rather prefers battling. She enjoys defeating opponents no one else would expect her to defeat, and the bigger the brute, the better. Noticing this zest for fighting, Ruin incorporates martial arts into her regular training, as it adds not only flair to her movements, but also power and speed.

2) Lilli's training mostly consists of calisthenics. She started out learning how to dance to maintain balance and poise, and gradually moved on to more dynamic regimens such as gymnastics. She especially loves practicing cartwheels and backflips.

3) As one of the older members of Ruin's team, Lilli fancies herself as being a mature and dignified young lady. However she is still quite clumsy as a Lopunny but is less prone to accidents compared to when she was younger. No matter how embarassing the accident, Lilli maintains grace, poise and a sense of dignity no matter what.

4) Lilli wears a vest designed for her by Ruin. This was mostly her decision and shows that she has a sense of individuality and would like to stand out amongst the many other Lopunnies like her.

fun fact: Lilli's personality, name and fighting style are all based on a video game character of the same name. A brief description of said character can be found here.

Oh, my, Haxxy. This is awesome! I love how you show how your/Mr. Huntre's Pokemon are different from the others.

Lilli is amazing. A clumsy Lopunny is different as well, as one would suspect after evolution, they would be extremely graceful. The expression she has is much different as well, less...I don't know, for lack of a better word, foolish than others of her species. She looks more determined.

On the art, I like the coloring style. It's soft, with nice smooth highlights to note dimension.

-flails-
I didn't comment on Bluez yet even when I love him so dearly and muchly why am I such a bad person sghbewsbhrntdh

He is so cute
so cute.
The Dark mode thing you've got going on there is new though, and I'm not sure whether I'm more intruiged or surprised by it.
Oh Bluez, you are so cute~

I thought your action poses were especially good in Lilli's reference sheet. Pose 1 is very dynamic especially, but pose 2 is impressive as well.

This is not to say that the rest of the sheet was underwhelming; quite the reverse. As always, I'm quite impressed.