• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hax's Chaotic melee of all things Pokecharms...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well, now it is official, you must go and work for the Pokemon people :p
You have the anime style down perfectly... I seriously looked for a few seconds thinking "Hmmm... why is there a screenshot here?" Until about half way through your description I was still thinking it. Your colouring and line art and shading and style are all just so spot on...

I adore Chorusong and Vlademare. Chorusong is my favourite, just because I love the colours and those wings. I could see me happily training one of those. Vlademare (who's name is awesome by the way) looks great too, again I love the colours. Sounds like she has some epic abilities too. I'd steal your talent, but then the world would be denied your awesome art and that would be very, very wrong.

Magpie, I second that Hax should work for the Pokemon people. I honestly thought it was a screenshot at first as well, just goes to show how good you are at drawing and shading Hax!

Is she a robotic trainer because she's a robot, or does she train robot Pokemon? She does look a little bit like a Porygon as well, colour-wise. Also, I want a Vlademare because she is awesome and looks like a total manipulative bitch. Is it a female-only species or is that just what the females look like? I ask only because her figure is very curvy, which would look a little on the odd side for the males.

Also, Chorusong has funny looking feet XD

For those who care to remember my first art thread, Vlademare is a branched evolution of Vlademi, representing the growth of female Vlademi ala Nidoqueen. Male Vlademis ala Nidoking have an alternate evolution with different Stats.

as for D.O.S., follow this link to learn about her profile. Bottom line, yeah, she's a gynoid, hence one wonders how that affects Brock, and I generally decided he'd be slghtly off-guard due to her being a machine.

I agree with people who said the picture with D.O.S. in it looks like it'd be from the anime. You really should work for Pokemon or somethin' :U

Vlademare and Chorusong are both equally awesome, but I like Chorusong more just because I feel like if they were real they'd bring more attention to a somewhat neglected line of Pokemon. I'm excited to see your new thing that you're working on right now :D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... My god.

Okay. AWESOME work on the sugimori-style and the art, first of all, but did we REALLY need an emo-goth humanshape and... whatever the EFF this thing is? XD

Yes, Stel. Yes we do. I need a goth Pokemon to go with my goth Dark Gym Leader. And something amusing like a sound cannon evolving into an angelic sound cannon.

Besides, this isn't one my worst ideas >_> *points at the Voltorb prevolution and Ditto Evolution because back when I was 12 I was sure everyone needed one of those.

A new RX thread? NO WAYZ. Haz missed too much.

OK, first off, LOVE the Alex Frontier Brain. Love love love. Been waiting for that.
Your RP persona avatars are awesome. I love their simplicity, and their total awesomeness.
Ruin + dress = hilarious and cute. Love it.
The detailing on the 'Charms Airship is awesome. The entire piece is a win. Not to mention the Guide. Love the chibi's and awesomenss of it all.
The new avi's you made to replace Ruin are reallllllly cool. Love those. Pheo, you lucky person.
And lasty, the comic featuring Ruin and Bluez. I enjoyed it's glory. I want more. XD

Everything in the thread is awesome, and I'm sorry if I forgot to comment on something totally awesome. Great work, RX.

Pokejin.png
PokeKaka.png

Like you totally didn't see this coming with me being the Blablue fanboy that I am. Hmm...can't come up with a witty name for now, so let's just call them Jin and Tao. Jin is an Ice/Fighting type, who is able to summon frozen blades at a whim in battle. His ability is Frost Bite, which gives him a nice 30% chance to freeze opponents at contact. I think such an ability merits him a legendary status, or crap defensive stats to compensate. Tao. on the other hand is an Electric/Fighting type. She possesses the Speed Boost ability, which given her original Drive Ability in her respective game, is fairly similar.

:V
I know we already bombarded you with out nonsense on the chat, but just to reiterate-
These guys are absolutely amazing.
Their designs are so sleek and chic and I would not hesitate to capture them upon sighting and make them my bitches.
Jin's design is just so.... Smooth and easy on the eyes, and the colors work so well together

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The first one, Jin, is spookily reminiscent of the random character in the new Wii Zelda art...

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/06/fullzelda.jpg

Your work is amazing, really like the colouring it could quite easily just fall into the show. I wish i could colour x[
brilliant work i love it.

Ah, BlazBlue Fan'mon!

I think you did a really good job of turning the characters into Pokemon. They look Pokemon-ish, but I can still tell which characters you based them on.

Awesome work, RX!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Wow Tonberry, you're an incredible artists man. And I'd love to have Jin on my team; he's a combination of two of my favorite types. Cheers!

The fact that I don't know what this is a preview for is serially mind crushing me how dare yoooooouuuuu D: D: D: D: D:
all the same, these are amazing I love yoooooooooouuuuu and the attention you pay to detail. sdgcsrhthsdgtb.
RX, Alex, (I don't know that one D:), Zacky, Virgy, Magpie, Jeydis and El, amirite? :D
Their little 'Charms uniforms are fabulous and gorgeous as are the weapons in the first row you're always so amazing nomnomnomnomnom.
If I had to choose a favorite, It'd be a three-way tossup between the Buizel with his adorable little vest, the Murkrow with it's amazing ruffles, and the Spinda/'floon with the hat/eyepatch nomnom

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Monferno fanart! Katie approves :D

These tiny, detailed little bunches of awesome make all of the Pokemon look incredibly badass. I love those weapons of Buizel's, and everyone's outfits look great as usual. Never cease to amaze, RX. ^^

I'm loving these new arts. =V

I like the sneasel's pose and the wooper in general =D

They all look like they're representative of someone on Charms, but we'll have to wait and see.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
^_____________^

Someday, you'll realise just how much I love you XD

They're all awesome, and of course aside from myself I must say that Munchlax is my favourite. The pose and sword are just epic. I love all the little outfits and weapons, the detail is astounding as usual. I'm also loving the little 'Charms badges/pins/patterns on each character. El looks so fabulous, Zacky's pose is great - all of them match their 'person' so well.

I can't wait to see them in all their glory ^^

RX, you amaze me with each new piece of art that you show us! These are freaking phenomenal, I love their poses and the outfits and weapons are just awesomesauce!

dsknvsdkn Ilu RX :D

That monferno is soo badass, it fits me perfectly(if it is me xD), I want his clothing D: . The Murkrow looks like a cool 20's gangster the way the pose is

SayaetBluez.png

mmkay. I cannot believe how farkin long it took me to get this thing online. *glares with immense hatred at his internet connection.​

Name: Saya
Species: Sneasel
Class: Courier, Gold Class
Team: Kagami
Item: Eclipse Ringblade
This Sneasel gained notoriety as a bandit who would follow hapless young explorers into mystery dungeons to pick off their wares. In order to evade arrest, she enlisted in a Pokemon Exploration Team under a new identity of 'Saya' and eventually met Bluez, her team partner. Saya was immediately smitten with Bluez's gentle nature and for a while decided she would play along with this sham until the bounty on her had been lifted. However, enetually the Buizel's noble intentions began to rub off her, and she found herself wanting to stay with Bluez. Though she sometimes misses the action and adventure of mugging Pokemon of their items and evading the Law, she much rather devotes her time now to Bluez and his goal that the two would become an awesome Exploration Team.
Saya is haughty, rash and charmingly cynical. She has a seemingly sweet demeanor, but is actually quite sarcastic and doesn't deal with incompetence too well. Her impressive battling ability makes her seem arrogant, but considering she has never been captured nor defeated by any bounty hunter, she has reason to be proud of her skills. Still, place her next to her Team Partner and one can see a completely different side of her; one that is temparemental and caring. Saya is completely infatuated over Bluez. His innocence, kindness and introverted attitude towards her is a welcome departure from the type of characters she has encountered before and she can't help but find these aspects of him adorable.

Name: Bluez
Species: Buizel
Class: Courier, Gold Class
Team: Kagami
Item: Alon Swords
An introverted young Buizel. Nevertheless, Bluez is a skilled battler and kindred spirit whose goal is to become a great Pokemon explorer to help others. Although he is not one to attempt socializing with others, he is actually very easy to get along with and projects a warm demeanor that attracts Pokemon he meets, sometimes much to his chagrin. While on missions, Bluez has a tendency to avoid conflict, sometimes to a cowardly extent. But as a result he has a very impressive ability to evade attacks from opponents. After much convincing and tutelage from his Teammate, Saya, Bluez eventually learns that there are some things that can only be conveyed through battle. Bluez's particular weapon of choice and fighting style mirrors the prowess of his own partner, allowing the two to fight in tandem effectively.
Bluez did not think that he could join an Exploration Guild by himself and has many times avoided entry for wahtever petty reason. But upon becoming Saya's teammate, he has learned to be braver and stronger in order to pursue his ambitions. Although he considers Saya as someone very important to him, he is afraid of pursuing a relationship with her due to her overly aggresive advances on him. That does not seem to stop Saya from getting him to admit how he feels for her, and only makes her even more attracted to his purity.

In a nutshell, the only thing you really need to know about these two is the fact that Saya likes Bluez; a lot. And that getting between her and him is just plain suicide. That being said, they sadly will not be making an appearance in The Green Grimoire, though it should be noted that if not for their concept art, I wouldn't be writing TGG in the first place. Also of note is that Saya's character design was initially going to be for Middy, but I finally decided that a Houndoom being in charge of the Egg Nursery would make more sense since she is a Fire Type.
Pokemon with weapons would seem unprecedented, if not entirely pointless. But nevertheless, its quite badass to look at. More to the point, it would feel more cinematic if the Pokemon battled with weapons in place of that generic Tackling attack PMD is known for. Furthermore, Bluez using Aqua Jet in conjunction with his blades, or Saya using Night Slash with her weapon would look pretty slick. The Ringblade and Wave swords (Alon is Wave in my native tongue) are total Soul Calibur ripoffs, but that's just how neat the concepts were. And the clothes? Well just look at them, they're farking adorable! One last thing to note is that though Saya on GPX is shiny, I dislike the color scheme too much to allow her canon self to be the same. ;P

WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD?! What program do you use I use macromedia flash 8 which is for animations but you can draw stuff on there, but what program do you use?

I do my linework by hand and pen these days. Earlier works were done via a drawing tablet, but I notice that the lines aren't as sleek and curved as they are when on paper. Coloring is mostly done in Photoshop, though there are rare exceptions.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I feel your pain with the internet connection - mine's just plain B0rked today

OMG, fanart of the future characters of the ‘Charms guild! I cannot wait to see these characters in the future chapters. I like Jeydis' Kecleon. That hat is awesome.

Aw…Bluez and Saya are so cute together! I like the dramatic poses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Gotta say, RX, the preview was like, omg to me because it was that awesome. But the colored version of Bluez and Saya is... wicked. I can't say anything bad about it because it's just so cool looking and stuffs. I wanna have their awesome weapons and outfits because it's just so badass. :D

Their description is also very well done. Two pretty different personallities that seem to compliment each other very well; me likey. Also, Saya kinda sounds like me in real life. XD

These are awesome RX =D

I'm speechless. The little biographies were nice as well.

(I agree with you when it comes to shiny sneasel's color scheme. What an eyesore)

RX, you need to share some of your awesomeness! XD

These are absolutely phenomenal, the histories and the colored versions just scream awesomeness. I can't wait till we can see colored versions of the rest of the preview stuff!

So sorry for not posting sooner RX D:

But your latest drawings are adorable and amazing. I am loving the description Saya and Bluez have, and they are so perfect for each other :3

Linework and shading as well as colors are gorgeous as always and I can't wait to see more ^^

rdgsdx gzfdv gwzgdthae zgxfbxfdgbfxnxfgnhnj
hahahaah
so what happened here is that I was surfing the web (neeeeeen) on my new phone with the nifty interwebs feature and such
when I came across this little pearl heeeeeeeere
and I immediately leapt out of bed and onto the laptop where I could properly spasm with delight and love.
This shoujo streak you've got going on is rgsdgaergsbh love love love yoooooouuu and it's really producing some adorable/awkward/lolsome stuff

anyway
This first image heer
is so adorable, I can't get over the cuddly-wuddly fluffiness of it and I just adore Bluez, he's such a sweet little soul and I could love him for houuuuuuuurrrrsss

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Ahahaha, gotta love both piccus that our amazing fantastic magnificent coolios RX here drew.

The first drawing is so great in many different ways. Again, yer art skeelz alone astonish me, but the double adorableness of Belle with Bluez and you and Saya in the background is just too ncfihsudogvuw beyond words! The flowers and sparkly glittery stuff just add to its awesome effect~

Second drawing is adorable as well. I'mma loving Bluez x Saya now to bits and pieces just from a few of your drawings. Awkwardness ftw. :DDDD

Hilariously win. The pokemon in clothes make me incoherent with envy, to boot.

Lovely style, horribly jealous of the quality. (I will admit, after getting lazy and used to vector programs I can hardly bear to go back to doing any possible linework by hand, though!)

Aww... they're so cute together! (I'm refering to all three of your latest pictures).

Regarding the one with Belle I'll have to say my favourite part is Saya's expression! Those 7 deadly sins may kick in soon Saya...

They look adorable in the clothing. Very good idea! And the weapons just finish it off...

VirgiletGeppeto.png

Name: Virgil
Species: Spinda
Class: Ranger, Platinum Class
Team: Neen
Item: Gentleman's Hat

Name: Jepetto
Species: Drifloon-->Drifblim
Class: Ranger, Platinum Class
Team: Neen
Item: Bandit's Blinder

The only words that came to mind when I drew this was 'VIRGIL TOYBOX, GENTLEMON ADVENTURER!' except Pheo and I are probably the only ones who would get that reference. To my good friend Virgil, a comic genius whose art thread is nothing short of fabulous and surprises me every time I go to look there. I really, really like this pic. Virgy's outfit was just so much fun to design, and I'm quite proud of the way I shaded Jepetto's cloud hair :V Keeping the team name blank so Virgy can fill them in. Also, fun fact: Virgil's design,much like Saya's, was originally intended for another character. In this case, it was Sami's Psychotic Spinda alias. The original version carried around a scalpel and was very Jack the Ripper-esque. This version though was made with Carl Clover from Blazblue in mind.