• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Have your own Sprite Comic Site

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Seen http://spindash.pokecharms.com yet?

If you have you might have noticed that it's completely run on php coding and databases. Right down to that the title of the comic is.

As I coded this myself it's designed specifically for use on Pokecharms and also specifically for use by other people.

I've already approached Damien and Yoshi about this and am extending it to others. If you have a sprite-comic you'd like to have your own subsite for then post here with examples and I will give the best ones accounts for the system.

The design of your comic's will have to be determined by yourself but I'm willing to help too as photoshop is obviously a luxury not everyone has.

You will need a Top Banner and a minimum of two BGs, a third if you want a faded version for text.

Here's a question.

I was thinking about asking about this, but then I hit a stumbling block. My comics tend to be different heights from week to week. That's not a problem, is it? Also, my first 5 comics are different widths as well. I was just wondering if that would be any sort of problem in the long run.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm not very savvy when it comes to website coding... ^^;

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Just how big does the background have to be? Would it be a great big file, or just a small (size-wise, of course) one that could be pasted over and over?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Yoshi, e-mail or PM me sprites etc and a general mock-up idea of what you'd want for a banner etc and I'll sort the layout for you.

Also, I know I said i'd have TBA's done by.... well, last week. But upon actually getting around to it, I've realised the coding for it needs tweaking and prettying up a little for others to use.

I have a pretty busy week ahead but can have it done next weekend no problem.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'm bringing this back to life now that i've finally gotten around to making the system behind the comics system a bit more usable for other people.

If you want a site for your comic, you can pm or e-mail the details listed in the first post:

You will need a Top Banner and a minimum of two BGs, a third if you want a faded version for text.

(Also, legal disclaimers that state that the characters belong to their respective companies and that recurring sprites you have used were made by others would be much appreciated)

I will pm you a link to register for the system and once you pm me again to let me know you have registered, I will finish setting up your account and pass on links to login and add your comics. From then on, you can upload comics to your heart's content completely automatically.

In the future this WILL be fully integrated with the site and ALL of it will be made automatic, but for now as it's on limited release only this is all you'll get.

Later down the line, all comic-site authors will also be able to alter the html of the site themselves should they wish to include a topsites or links or modify the design themselves.

I want to know how to make a sprite comic. I've been wanting to know for a long time. Can somebody tell me how. ??? ???

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you'd looked at the second stickied topic, you would've found your answer ;p

http://forums.pokecharms.com/smf/index.php?topic=494.0

There ya go. Any additional questions should go straight in that topic, too.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
cool site~! ;)

[quote author=StellarWind Elsydeon link=topic=106.msg212#msg212 date=1093604032]
* Freakishly short Posts : Stuff like "Yes", "Okay", "I don't know", "We know that", et cetera. If you don't have anything to say in a topic, don't do so. If someone asks a question, for cryin' out loud, DON'T say you don't know the answer! If you don't have anything important to say - don't say it.

* Pointless Posts : Posts that have NOTHING to do with the topic. At all. If the conversation sways off topic, that's one thing. If it's just starting a whole new topic with no connection to last one, start a new freakin' thread, or keep it to yourself. And keep topics where they belong. Don't post a question asking about avatar help on the general Pokemon discussion board.
[/quote]

http://forums.pokecharms.com/smf/index.php?topic=106.0

Don Patrick, read the rules and don't post something spammy like that again. Consider this a warning.

How do you make Sprite Comics?

:)

04506f7b893ff9a0ccb71928829477c3.png

How do I?

04506f7b893ff9a0ccb71928829477c3.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________
It may be spam, I'm sorry, I just wanted to show you...

SIG ADD-ONS!!!!!!! (Signature Add Ons)
Copy and Paste them in your every message!
/\ /\ X X
VVV ____

Charmander Wrote: I want to know how to make a sprite comic. I've been wanting to know for a long time. Can somebody tell me how. ??? ???
______________________________________________________________________________________________
I want to know too...

Helloo, consider yourself warned for triple posting, and I'm throwing another warning in there for not reading the topic. Cheers, you're banned.