• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Have you had any accidents(Major or minor)

Yesterday I skinned my knee in PE when we were playing European Handball. I wore shorts(big mistake) and skinned my knee trying to get the ball back. It was fine, and then it turned red. It hurts whenever I kneel on it so I have to be careful.

Only one major one I can think of, and it's kinda funny.

Okay, I was like four or five and I was at the YMCA exercisey day-carey thingy. We were supposed to run from one side of the room to the other, and the lady running it said it wasn't a race or anything. Being a four or five year old, I didn't believe her, and I ran faster than I thought I could.

I ran into a brick wall.

Literally.

Painwise, all I remember is a crazy pain right on the right side of my forehead. I was rolling around in pain, and all the other kids were like 'Woah, did that kid run into the wall?' In what felt like five minutes, my mom and two guys with first-aid kits ran in, and my mom was all freaking out, like I had brain damage. xD

Now, I have a permanent bump there, and I'm thirteen, it's not getting any smaller, so it's not going away with puberty. Looking back on it, I laugh.

Once when I was little, like 6 or 7 or 8, I was bowling with my daycare center. I had just watched one of the teachers go out into the alley to retrieve a stuck ball. I decided to go out and get my ball that was stuck. I walked onto the alley, made it to the bowling ball, picked it up, and turned around. I started walking back, when I suddenly slipped! :o I landed on my back, and the ball flew up and gravity did it stuff and landed on my forehead. all I had for a few weeks was nicely rounded, purple bump.

Another time I was screwing around on these rail things, and slipped and busted (not broke) my nose.

Another time when I was still enrolled in the daycare(8 or 9), we had a car accident. Some drunk bastard tail ended the van all us kids were in. The teacher who was driving avoided the cars in the interscetion by turning and hitting a fire hydrant. I was next to a window, and as soon as we hit the fire hydrant, I lifted my elbow for some reason. The other teachers ran over to check on the driver and us kids. One of them pointed out my elbow to me. I looked at it and freaked out. My entire elbow was bleeding. I had never seen that much blood before. The fire people came over to me, thinking I broke my arm. They saw the blood and just bandaged my elbow to hide the gash for most of the rest of the summer.

At least I knew what death was by first grade (thanks to news...those sadistic bastards) or I would've thought I was dead with the elbow thing.

Only a few. I have a scar under my chin because I bashed my chin open when I was learning to bike/trike ride. I was two. second scar is frontal part of my ankle, ripped it open when I as three and decided that walking barefoot in a creek was cool. It was a rock. The third would be sixth grade, my shoelaces were undone, per usual, and I tripped on them and fell on my arse on my concrete stairs. Broke my tail bone. I have random scratches from my cat, but he doesn't mean it, he's just playful. I was bit by my dad's friend's collie when I was 3-5 years old, and I'm still afraid of mid-size large dogs that I don't know very well. Burn scars from my very slow reaction to me hitting my knuckle against the roof of the still hot toaster oven. I stared at it for about 3o seconds before I realized it was hot. Burned my wrist in the oven while pulling out stuff and scabs/scratches from walls, tables, stairs and the like. I think narrow stairs hate me. I always trip up them. Oh, I also slipped while learning how to ice skate, and bumped my head into the ice. Had a nice goose egg sized lump there for a while, and my head somehow managed to crack the ice. It had to be pretty thick. Not an accident, but I jumped out of my slow moving car, because I would've missed the bus to middle school. Did a sorta barrel roll, and miraculously popped up without being hurt, but mind you we weren't going very fast. I chipped my tooth slightly about 2 years ago while trying to lick cookie batter out of the ceramic bowl I had used. Shows you how smart I am.

Well, a few. I stepped straight through a nail and got a hole in my big toe. For around six weeks, I could look straight through my big toe. But that was back when I was six. Back when I didn't understand the severity of the situation.

When I was eleven, I took a chunk out of my knee but thanks to iodine, there is only a small scar. Can't see through it though.

My back is weak, I think. I sprained it three times, twice due to trampolines. Curse you trampolines!

Ah, I remembered a few more now...

When I was about six, or maybe seven, it was winter, and I decided to 'tube' down a big hill at the nearby park. Instead of an actual snowtube, we had these shallow bowl-shaped discs big enough for one person to sit in. I jumped in it, and I noticed I was heading to where the older kids were snowboarding. I went over a small bump easily enough, but then I hit a bigger one, and I literally went flying off my disc, through the air, and landed on my face. Luckily the snow was thick. When I got up, I noticed there was a little red trail from where I landed to where I was now. It turned out I lost a tooth, but the 'tooth fairy' still gave me the money, despite the lack of the tooth.

When I was ten, and once again, it was winter, I was out at recess, and I was playing football with some kid. Since it was freaking COLD, the football was COLDer, and when I went to catch it, instead of catching it, it slammed into the tip of my finger and I was on the ground. It felt like my hand was frozen, but I put it in my glove, which was thankfully cold enough to dull the pain, and I headed inside. Of course, the school nurse/ principal's assistant/ detention manager/ satan said that it was perfectly fine and I didn't need to do anything about it. The next day I went to the hospital, and I had a hairline fracture on my left middle finger. Hey, at least I could flip people off for 2-3 weeks. : D