• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Have anyone gotten the pok

I also got the Pokerus in Emerald. But I also have it in Diamond but I can't remember 100% if I just randomly got it in Diamond like I did in Emerald or if I migrated an infected Pokemon from Emerald. I'm pretty sure it's the former though because I think I had before the Sinnoh E4.

It wasn't until Diamond when I seriously started EV training did I realize how useful and cool the Pokerus was. I made sure to infect a couple of Pokemon that I never use and keep them in the PC to keep the infection going and to hopefully get some good trades once I get WiFi.

I got it on my diamond in a trade, it seems to be transferring wierdly though, alot slower then on my Emerald game :S (I got that one from the region just on the other side of Mauville)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I got it in diamond. My Manectric suddenly caught it, I assume off a wild pokemon since I was training him at the time in the grass by the Valley Windworks. I sure got a surprise when I went to the Pokemon centre. I found it really useful for training, though I find it a pain to pass on sometimes, just because I'm lazy (weedle is my pokerus storage pokemon now)

Somehow, I got PokeRus in Gold. My entire team had been infected. Right after that, Prof. Elm called to inform me. Right outside of Olivine City. Didn't really care, since I only played for fun then...

And I've still got PokeRus in Diamond. Epic Win with the Power Items.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My mate got PokeRus on his Diamond version. He didn't know what it was until I told him though (which was less than 12 hours after, luckily), and it has since sped up his EV training drastically. I've never had it myself.

I just got it the other day while evolving a bunch of lowbies outside of the survival area. I didn't stash any though, silly me and lost it.

My sister got PokeRus in her Ruby game (the same one she ruined my Emerald with my shiny Mightyena for), and since she had it, and she isn't playing it anymore ("It's childish!" apparently), I simply transfered over all her infected Pokemon to mine (as payment for losing my lovely Mightyena), kept some in my box, infected some, and so when I am able to transfer with Pal Park to my Diamond and Pearl, I'll be transferring all my (well, hers really ;D) Pokemon with the PokeRus over. I intend to infect all my Legendary Pokemon and all my main 'In-Game' and Competition Pokemon with the PokeRus, as well as keep some in the box infected, so I always have it on hand.

I can't tell you where she got it tho', but I do know it wasn't hacked, mainly because I don't believe in those things, and we have no way to do it either.​

I can't tell you where she got it tho', but I do know it wasn't hacked, mainly because I don't believe in those things, and we have no way to do it either.

The only way I know of getting it in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is that Route Lanette's house is on. I've heard you also have to use a Physical move. The odds are about 1/9000, and you have to use a Physical attack on an infected pokemon. Wow, the odds are really low.

Come to think of it, I can't remember where I picked up in Emerald but I didn't realize I had it until I was at the Lavaridge Pokemon Center. Can't remember where I got it in Diamond either, but I don't think I realized it until Canalave.

Come to think of it, I can't remember where I picked up in Emerald but I didn't realize I had it until I was at the Lavaridge Pokemon Center. Can't remember where I got it in Diamond either, but I don't think I realized it until Canalave.

Wow. I think the only Reason I knew I had it was because I often check my pok

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I has the pokerus...
I got it from someone in a trade, I was getting a junk pokemon, and it was infected...

Makes all of my EV training so much easier...

Once I got Pokerus on GTS when I was trading my Charizard for a Spiritomb... and I got it a second time when I was raising my Darkrai in the grass by Sunnyshore City. After I was done EV Training, I saw that it had pokerus. Weird... I guess it didn't matter though as I was really only EV Training in Sp. Atk and Speed.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have no idea where I picked it up, but my current Sapphire game file was the first time I ever encountered PokeRus (I was rather excited by it, too). It didn't really do much good for me EV-training-wise (because none of those Pokemon were meant to be EV trained), but I did end up spending some time spreading it between my main team and some random boxed Pokemon.

Otherwise, several of my Pokemon have received PokeRus through Pal Park transferring, but I'm not sure whether it means the virus is still active or it's now dormant. None of those Pokemon were ever identified as having it on my previous game files, so I find it silly that they'd just randomly pick it up and become immune to it right off. From what people have told me about the PokeRus icons in D/P, though, that seems to be the case.

Otherwise, several of my Pokemon have received PokeRus through Pal Park transferring, but I'm not sure whether it means the virus is still active or it's now dormant. None of those Pokemon were ever identified as having it on my previous game files, so I find it silly that they'd just randomly picked it up and become immune to it right off. From what people have told me about the PokeRus icons in D/P, though, that seems to be the case.

They probably became immune to it right away because their EV training was done, or so I have heard. If it was a baby pokemon I have no clue.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That could make sense in my situation. The Pokemon who acquired it (my level 80 Metagross, my level 56 Mightyena, etc.) were all done of their EV training at the time. I'll need to check through my boxes to confirm things, though. It's surprising just how many of my Pokemon picked it up considering that, until Sapphire, I'd never even seen the thing before...

Anyone know the rates for getting PokeRus via Pal Park?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I do know you only see the pokerus by taking the infected pokemon to the Pokemon center. Maybe you just didn't see it before and you migrated an unidentified, infected pokemon.

I'm not really sure to be honest. That Metagross would've definitely been to the Pokemon Center at some point (I'm compulsive that way), and yet it never showed up on it. Same goes for my others like my Mightyena. It just seems like too big a coincidence that THAT many of my Pokemon could've been infected previously yet had never once been identified.

That and I know other of people this has happened to. I can't say anything for sure because I really don't know if it's truly Pal Park related or not, it just definitely seems that way. I'll leave that bit of confirmation to the people who actually do know XD

I'm not really sure to be honest. That Metagross would've definitely been to the Pokemon Center at some point, and yet it never showed up on it. Same goes for my others like Mightyena. It just seems like too big a coincidence that THAT many of my Pokemon could've been infected previously yet it had never once shown up.

You have to look at a pokemon's Summary to see if it has the PokeRus. I don't know. this is a weird coincidence. I'll look into it a bit if I can.

Wait, a second. I actually got the Pokerus in Sapphire (can't remember where), THEN traded an infected Milotic to Emerald in Lavaridge Town. THAT'S how I got it in Emerald.

Totally just remembered...

But I also traded an infected Pokemon to FireRed but it didn't spread and the Pokemon Center didn't alert me, but it still shows up in the status screen.

I got my Pokerus near the Ribbon Snydicate nearly six months ago. I took it to the PokeCenter as I usually do, but as a kept pressing A repeatedly, I saw the word 'microbes' (or something like that) and stopped pressing A. I screamed out "OMG! I have it, I have it, I have it!" and danced around. When I looked at my Empoleon's summary, it had the little pink square, so I started battling random Pokemon to spread it to others. I also infected a few Legendaries and common Pokemon like Pachirisu and my pwnign Leafeon (all it's IVs are 31 except for Sp. Defence, which is 29) so I have it in reserve.

But basically, getting the Pokerus is luck. Only two of my friends have infected Pokemon.

I got it a week ago, I was pal parking some pokemon and saw i had it so gave it to my pokemon I'm lvling up and then some others to keep so i dont loose it. But you know how its surpose to last only 12 hours i dont think so lol I noticed i had it in my party and i had had the same party for about 1-3 days in a row. Anyone know hows this possible?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My pokemon normally have it for around 2 days. Some pokes have it only 24 hours, some have it for 3 days. As far as I know that's normal, it's meant to last that long...

ok see i read somewhere it only last 12 hours so i was like ok then they have it for like 2-4 days already.
Im slowly infecting pokemon i dont want so i will trade it to people who dont have it as a extra thing.

I got it on a japanese chimcar i got from GTS.. it hasn't spread to the rest of pokemon. :-\ How long does it generally take?

Hell yes I have, but I didn't even really know until one day. I was healing my pokemon at the pokecenter and I wasn't really paying attention and then I looked down 'cause I figured they were all done and I caught a glimpse of Nurse Joy saying something about how 'There is no known cure.' and I remembered something I read online about Pokerus (run on sentence). So I was pretty happy and when I checked it turned out almost all my transferred Ruby pokemon had Pokerus at one point, so I guess I got it on there. And I think that same day I caught a Bidoof or some crappy pokemon that had Pokerus. So yes, I have had it.

Hmm, I noticed my Pikachu recieved pokerus, even though its never been in my party for longer than 5 minutes.(This is without battling).

I got it on a japanese chimcar i got from GTS.. it hasn't spread to the rest of pokemon. :-\ How long does it generally take?
It may be a hack. Usually it only takes 1-5 battles for me.

Also, I noticed when more than 4 Pokerus Active Pokemon are in my party the Virus lasts a rather long time.