• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Has anyone gotten a Female Starter?

Um
I did on Diamond version but my friend ripped me off with a level 66 just got Gengar since it is one of my favorite Pokemon they didn't tell me that it was caught at level 66 from the wild do you know how hard those things are to train!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You really notice how relatively easy it is to get a female starter when mass breeding. While they might be rarer, I still seem to get 2-4 female starters when breeding them in mass amounts. Someday I gotta trade 'em all off to good homes XD

Well... my starter (on Emerald) is a male Swampert... i also traded a Blaziken and Grovyle from a Ruby and Saphire... But none of them are Female.... :-\ So i think the best way to get females is to breed them...
latiosas.jpg

i recived a female bulbasaur in leaf green as a starter and a female treeko in emrald as a starter... and even in crystal i got a female chikorita

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
You really notice how relatively easy it is to get a female starter when mass breeding. While they might be rarer, I still seem to get 2-4 female starters when breeding them in mass amounts. Someday I gotta trade 'em all off to good homes XD

I know what you mean. When breeding for my Treecko I got three females in a row, and then a fourth two eggs later. I guess when mass breeding the odds are more favourable than being lucky at the start of a game.

Then on the other hand while I was breeding Electrike (50% m/f) I bred 30 and only had two males. Sometimes I think someone's laughing... somewhere XD

In some ways I wish my new Treecko was female, like my original. I've come to think of Sceptile as a female Pokemon, so we'll see how that goes.

Just recently I was starting my LG over and over again to get the starters migrated over to Diamond. I had already gotten Charmander and Squirtle over and all I needed was Bulbasaur. Just when I chose Bulbasaur I clicked to give him a nickname, by accident. I saw the female sign next to his name and I was sooooo happy.

Come to think about it, I think my Diamond starter was a female. I chose Chimchar and didn't really care about gender. I never knew you could breed them...

When I first played Diamond Chimchar became my first female starter, I was hoping for a male but in the end she turned out to be one of the best starters I ever had next to Totodile, and I was quite proud to have her.