• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Has anyone gotten a Female Starter?

Let's see...

I got a female Piplup with a shitty nature for my Pearl Version on the first time. I also got a female Torchic and Mudkip on Emerald and Ruby.

That's all I got.

i got a female chimchar on diamond, a female torchic and mudkip (two different games) and a female tododile twice but i restart the game quite a lot so i guess thats what i get haha

I got a female Charmander in FireRed without restarting, and I didn't care back then because later in the game I can breed my starter with a Ditto. In my Sapphire game I got a female Torchic too.

P

Pseudo255

The only female pokemon i've gotten for starters were chikorita (now megainium), torchic (now blaziken), and piplup (whom I traded for a male turtwig)

i have gotten at least 5 3 starters in pearl all different and i got hem in a row and i got a squirtle now blastiose and on pearl and torchic now blazikin in pearl i believe

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
i have gotten at least 5 3 starters in pearl all different and i got hem in a row and i got a squirtle now blastiose and on pearl and torchic now blazikin in pearl i believe

Luna, the quality of these posts is bordering on spam... and you've done it multiple times. >_> Considering that you've already been warned in the past for hooliganism rule breaking (and how much this makes my eyes bleed), you are hereby n00b'd until further notice. Read the rules about proper posting. Grammar/punctuation are your friend :p

Darn fool kids >=(

The only time i got a female starter is by complete change when i'm soft resting for a nature or on a Rom. But i did get one on my first play on fire red, but this was when i wanted to get a male.

I sometimes start over and over until I get a female, but only if I'm really bored. When I decided to restart my Diamond, I tried to get a female Piplup. It must have been at least 20-some times when my friend asked if he could get a Turtwig, which he needed to finish his Pokedex. So I restarted to get it for him, and wouldn't you know it. It was female. I traded with him until he got an egg from her, then traded back. I kept it, and I have a female Empoleon now. I also have a female Torchic on my Sapphire.

I have a few female starters via eggs and trades, only original one I have gotten from the prof was a female charmander in Fire Red. Love that one alot she is the mother of my Outrage charmanders these days with my sexy Dragonite from the same game :p I just couldnt get them seperated.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was amused when I was looking at my little sister's FireRed team the other day. She recently started it (her first Pokemon game ever) and had a full team of female Pokemon, including her female Bulbasaur. When I told her having a female starter was rare-ish, she was a very happy 6 year-old, lol.

I just restarted my sapphire game cause Diamond and Pearl are getting a little boring, and the Mudkip I picked at the start (I named it "U LIEK MEH"), was a female. But it has a mild nature so.../cry

After draining all of my gameboy games of their starter pokemon, (LOL I'm obsessed with the pal park) I restarted all of them. All 5 of them, to be exact. I wasn't really paying attention when I got all of my starter pokemon. I was browsing through the games one day when I discovered that my charmander on my FireRed game was indeed, a female! It was mild nanture though. Dang.

I've gotten a female Charmander that is now a charizard on my pearl, how do you get female starter by breeding or did I misunderstand?

Edit: I recently got Ruby version and on my 1st try I got a female Mudkip and I restarted my emerald 10 times and got a female Torchic. I bred my Empolion and now have a female piplup (lv. 2) that knows surf.

S

Shocari

I got a female Treecko on my Emerald at the start of the game. Weird things just happen I guess. She's a Sceptile now, level 82, and is one of my most valued Emerald pokes.

Isn't there like a 87.5% chance,or something like that, that a starter will be Male? True Master of Aura, you can get a female starter by breeding and just randomly obtaining it at the beginning of the game.

I got a female Bulbasaur when I first got Leaf Green. >.>;; But I accidently forgot to save (I was 7, people! Give me a break!)...so I got stuck with a boy and I didn't bother restarting.

That was the only time though. :/

Diamond is my first pokemon game and I got a female Piplup as a starter. I had actually hoped for a male because I had a male name picked out but I didn't feel like restarting. Once I discovered that you could breed them I was happy that I had a female because I bred some baby Piplups and traded for females of the other starters.

Bleah, might as well say that I restarted Crystal so I could have some fun again and it took me two tries to get a female Totodile. Named it Croc just like old times.

Its a very slim chance to get a starter in female form. If i remember correctly in FR/LG/R/S/E the chance was 12.37%.

On the contrary i recieved a female bulbasaur once

C

Celadon

I once got a female Torchic from Birch in Pokemon Ruby. I also got a female Bulbasaur in Leaf Green from Oak. She helped me to get a petal dancing shiny Bulbasaur with my male Roselia =D

Oh and then in Pearl, I got a female Piplup from Rowan.

After migrating all of my Pokemon to my Pearl Version, I restarted my Emerald Version and now I have a female Blaziken. I'm pretty sure this isn't too much of a rare occurance though...

I restarted my FireRed after getting bored with it and I got a female Charizard....I know that getting a female starter is semi-rare 1/8 I believe, but is there any real advantage to having a female starter? Other than just saying you have one.

but is there any real advantage to having a female starter? Other than just saying you have one.

The only real advantage to having a female starter is that it'll be much easier to breed egg moves on a starter if you're into that sort of thing. Trust me, trying to breed for a female starter can get tedious if you're unlucky.

I honestly dont see why people have a hard time getting a female or male starter. Personaly, i dont care about natures, or Male/Female pokemon, unless its a pokemon i want female, like my heatran.

It's all about percentage. If you battle competitively, female starters are one of the best things that can happen to you, because you can transfer egg moves onto starters.

Same with Fossil pokemon and Riolu =D
Also, people tend to offer more on a female starter than on a male one.

The odds of getting a female starter from the professor or from eggs is %12.5. It's chosen at random. That being said, I've only ever gotten a female chikorita.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hah. I didn't even notice at first that my Eevee starter in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness was female. I'd also forgotten that the male/female ratio for Eevee isn't 50-50... So, yeah. Interesting surprise.