1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone else noticed???

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by Ultracow, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Just noting the sprites in these are different. Are they bringing back different version different sprites? I just noticed this as I was browsing through some pictures.

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Yeah, its been confirmed that Pearl and Diamond will have different sprites just like G/S did, though didn't G/S have the same back sprites? Its been too long since I played either >.>

Either way, looking good :)

3. Prof. Cinders

Prof. Cinders Mathemagician
    Staff Member Administrator

They could possibly move when attacking, or perhaps different positions for different status changes. Or of course just different version=different sprites. :p

4. The commercial yesterday confirmed that the Pokémon WILL move in battle when released from their Balls (check out the Team Galaxy's Buoysel - its tail spins), but these drastic differences must be releated to Version differences.

#4 QuagsireQing, Jul 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  5. And also (if you already forgot), they'll be differences in sprites for Pokemon that come in both genders (e.g.: Female Scizor having bigger abdomin).

6. You know what? We haven't seen anything on the different gender sprites since they were first announced. I wonder if they're still keeping that idea?

7. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

I guess they just don't feel it's that important a feature. They've made sure all new Pokemon have been male when revealed though, so it's not exactly as if we've been able to compare a whole lot of them...

8. that would explain it :p

9. yes they look pretty sweet.report to tengan mountain