• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Teaser (Minor Spoilers)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter/thegobletoffire/

Watchie.

I know there's no way this movie can live up to the 636 paged book (which happens to be my favourite of the collection), but I can't wait to see it anyways. Dragonie goodness! ^__^

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
My partner R works for a film company in London, so he tends to work on all the major live action releases (HP3, Troy, King Arthur, Hitch-Hiker's to name but 4). I asked him if he has any "you didn't hear it from me" information about HP4, but he doesn't. He said the reason the trailer has hardly anything in is because hardly of the post-production's been done. He also said his company is far more worried about Charlie & the Chocolate Factory at the moment, and that some of his cow-orkers are refusing to take the lifts at work because they're utterly sick of elevators, not least of all glass ones :p.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
They shouldn't make a new Charlie and the Chocolate factory. :(

It may be old but the original owns it. I mean, what are they going to do with the new one? Digital Oompa-Loopmas? Ugh.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
It's not even THAT old - 1971?

There's been a lot of remakes recently - The Italian Job and Alfie to name but two. Apparently the kids of today don't want to watch anything made before they were born, or something :roll:.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
baratron said:
It's not even THAT old - 1971?

There's been a lot of remakes recently - The Italian Job and Alfie to name but two. Apparently the kids of today don't want to watch anything made before they were born, or something :roll:.

That or they're running out of movies concepts. You know what they say: There are no more original ideas :p
I know books to movies has always been a popular trend, but has it not increased in numbers over the last 10 years or so?

The only reason I'm skeptic about the new Charlie movie is Depp's part. Seems like he's going to steal the movie... Again. I like him, yeah, but the original story was based around Charlie just as much, if not more, than Wonka. And I don't even know who the actor of Charlie is...

But this is getting off topic :p If you guys want to discuss Charlie and the Chocolate factory I might as well split the thread. If not... Anymore thoughts on the Goblet of Fire?