• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Happy Pokemon Valentine's Day

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
This is the card I got Richard for V-day:
pichu_card_1.jpg

Inside:
pichu_card_2.jpg

Are you Dead Of Cute yet?! :twisted:

It is, btw, a shaped card, but against the scanner the non-existant parts just come out white, and I cba to try to transparentise them... if that's a word.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I also bought a Quagsire card:
quagsire_card_2.jpg

which apparently is a Valentine's card for aunts to send to their nephews?! I thought it was pretty weird to get/receive Valentine's cards from your mum, but in the US I saw things like Valentine's cards to your grandpa and so on... freaky!

The Quagsire card unfolded, as much will fit on the scanner.

Am kinda bemused about why someone would choose to put Quagsire on a Valentine's card... no offence to QuagsireQing, but he's not really the kind of Pokemon you'd associate with Valentine's Day, is he? Maybe they decided a card for a BOY would have to have a blue non-cute Pokemon on it, and they had the choice between Quagsire and Wobbuffet.... um... :?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was waiting for that response ;)

I bought that same Pichu card for my boyfriend (now ex) a few years ago. It took a lot of effort for me not to keep it for myself ^^;