• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Happy Mother's Day!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Decided to make a topic about this, because this is the first year on 'Charms we actually have any mothers here on mother's day!

That's right, I'm talking about you, Dway, and you, Rain. Though Mary-Anne and Avalon might be a bit young to really know what mother's day is, we can celebrate it for you guys by holding a party right here for you, and appreciating everything you guys have done for our community while juggling with your babies and hubbies.

... actually, don't juggle babies. That would make me cry.

ANYWAYS, what have you guys been doing for your mothers today, to appreciate all that they've done for you?

My family actually celebrated the occasion yesterday (last evening), because it was already Mother's Day in China when we went out to dinner. And it wasn't for my mom, it was for my mom's mom~ We had a really nice fancy dinner with dim sum and awesome Asian foods, and I bought my mommy a bouquet of roses, too. I also played a little piece on the piano for them, and I'm supposed to clean my room, too.

So yeah~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
FFFFFF Oh America Dx
*shot for being ignorant*

OKAY then what did you guys do on your mothers day then, whenever it was~
<<

You aren't being that ignorant as the majority of the world celebrates it today xD (It is part of the religious calender in the UK (fourth Sunday after Lent)) But anyway got my Mum a necklace and a card and then we took my Mum and her mum plus Riley's Mum and her mum out for dinner. Oh, and I made my Mum breakfast in bed :D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Remember kids, you're only sanctioned to give a damn about X Parent on the Hallmark sanctioned Sunday with their title in it! Don't you dare spend that money on them at any other time, when you could bottle it all up and buy the tatty crap we put at the front of the shops once a year!

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Appreciate it, Lyn. But, I actually agree with Alex's comment on this subject. Mother's and Father's Day are pretty much just Hallmark (or similar companies that monetize this sort of crap) sanctioned holidays, as well as Valentine's. Why only show appreciation to our parents or loved ones on a certain day out of the year, when we can do it everyday? I might say Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, but it's pretty much not a big deal, to me or my family.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I do agree that days like this really are just holidays to spend some pointless money when you should be doing this every moment of the day anyways, but I don't really like being the cynic/realist. I wanted to do something sweet, and I tend to think of this holiday as such~

In my opinion, these holidays are reminders to get out and at least say 'thank you' to one's parents. I am so absent minded I need this. :p

Needless to say, I forgot all about Mother's Day.