• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Happy freakin' New Year!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
For me, it is officially 7:09AM... 2005. Dammit, I just know for the first few months that I'm gonna be writing '04 on everything ^^;

So, in the spirit of the new year, what are all the things you plan to do/not to do this year that you probably won't do/stop doing? (Make sense?)

I have a specific goal for this year. Aside from helping this site as much as possible, I plan to catch up on all my unfinished RPGs over '05. It's most likely impossible, but I've been buying them faster then I'm playing them! That has to stop :oops:

So, by this time 365 days in the future, I plan to have my list at least sliced in half:

To Finish
FFX
Wild Arms 3
Tactics Ogre
Breath of Fire 5
Paper Mario 2
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Golden Sun
Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen (Haven't caught 'em all yet)
Pokemon Colosseum (Still need Ho-Oh...)

To Start/Finish
Xenosaga
Shadow Hearts
FFX-2
Star Ocean 3
Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls

I think that's it. Might not seem like much, but it doesn't take into account all the new games I will be buying. Already I plan for sure to get Baten Kaitos and Disgaea/Phantom Brave, and if I ever beat Shadow Hearts I'll probably get the second too. I'm an RPG-whore dang it :p

No 'work harder in University' resolution for me. I say that every year and it never happens... Besides, I'm happy with where I am in it. This past semester was my best one yet mark-wise ^^

But enough of me. Any takers?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I need to work harder for my exames.... sadly... So they'll get a fair degree of focus.

Also, the site will be getting a good deal of focus from now on too - with weekly updates contaning new pages of .... stuff....

I also plan to eat a tad healthier, but mostly to accomodate my lack of money.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I plan to RP like never before, and beat everyone I can. Also to improve my own forums, and to buy as many pokemon games (as well as a DS) as possible.

And to write good essays. And to finally finish my fanfic.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
To be able to finish a fanfic/story... That's something I need to strive at too, but I've been trying so for 8+ years now. I just can't finish anything. The only stories I've ever finished were short stories for school! It gets distressing after awhile... :?

I only ever completed one RP in my life and that was with Kari mny years ago.

Just say our sequel never worked :-P as no one wanted to keep it up to date. The thing is most RP's die at the metagame part (middle) or never get started.

Deciding a conclusion is always the ahrd part representing evil usually I have to build a case to make myself as unbeatable until a point after dragging on for awhile weakness are exploited and the downfall is near. That's what makes RP's hard especially one on one duels as no one ever wants to lose but you eventually have to decide a winner or you have a long dragged on stalemate. Just think having an rpg with 6 or 7 people it makes it alot harder to decide an ending.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't mean RPs actually, but that's something I've never finished before either. After, what, 7 years of RPing now I've never seen those two magical words: "The End". A few times people have fast forwarded to wrap things up but I don't consider that a true ending. It's a forced ending.

I basically agree with what you said. The more people in an RP the harder it is to find a solid conclusion. Sometimes people want to end it earlier than others, or nobody can agree on what should happen. More than not, though, people simply lose interest and kill the story. I know it's harsh to say, but it's true... Losing even a single participant can throw off everything. Maybe it's for a good reason (ie. school, life stuff, the end of the world) but you can't ignore the reprecussions. It's hard to write a long RP nowadays :?

/rant

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I've reached the end of a good few RPs in my time but most of my recent ones have died. :(.

Gooses knows how many years it will take the Pokecharms Hoenn RP to finish...

Three words: The Ultimate Pokédex. Between work and games, I've been putting it off for far too long. I hope to have all 386 entries up (Mozilla-compatible for the small, yet growing group of users) by the end of summer, which is a completely realistic goal, if I stop slacking. :?

I resolve to spend less time wasted on the internet, and more time working on my games (yes, games are something I work at now; a real hobby).

And, of course, to find world peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'll happily help you test that out in Firefox if you wish. :wink:

Speaking of Pokedexes... for all your commoners out there, Pokecharms will be getting one eventually... So another resolution would be to get that nailed - hopefully in time for Emerald's UK or US release. (UK is more likely)

I would like to finish. Everything. All of my ongoing liesure projects.
That is, my fantasy story, my first card game set, my books I'm reading, and maybe my homework, too, for a change.

Firefox rulez. The End.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'd like to finish learning basic HTML. I haven't learned nearly enough to do anything productive right now.

*Makes anotrher funky 'Charms mascot that has nothing to do with HTML*

I'd like to make a halfway decent 'Charms mascot too.

RESOLUTIONS:

-Finally finish In A Moment
-Finish lots of old games, like Golden Sun 2, Pokemon, and beat Strepfinger in Ozzy & Drix!!! *glares at unbeatable game* >.>
-Be nicer to peoples
-Finally find another love *heart currently broken*
-Actually play my NES
-Actually play ToS and BK
-Sprite a little more
-Draw more
-Whack Elliot in the crotch harder and more often

Eh, I'll edit in some more later.

*huggles Vinguana*

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I've warned you two... I will ban you both here and Nem will ban you both at Pokeschool if you don't knock this off.

We're all sick of hearing about a little crush that went wrong. Now get the hell over it.

Who said anything about fighting? We've made up, Gary. Get with the times. :p

And who said anything about jokes? I wasn't joking--I really WILL hit you harder and more often.

:p It's Lugi-Yoshi tradition.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I've just decided that I'm no good at relationships. I am currently aiming to get a boyfriend, dump him if he's no good, and then get another one out of a struggling crowd. That would be nice for once.