• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Happiness Evolution in XD

OK, recently I traded a Pichu off of my Ruby Version into XD so I could have a Raichu, because I've already used Jolteon and Ampharos. Anyway, I do know that happiness resets upon trading, but... I've used upwards of 100 Vivid Scents (and 5 or 6 of the cheap ones) and done quite a bit of levelling up, and my result is... A level 24 Pichu that still won't evolve.

My question is, are the scents just crappy happy-raisers, or is it supposed to be this hard to happy evolve in XD?

I think they are supposed to be that hard in XD. To get max happiness on a Togepi you have to use lots, and lots, and lots of scents. So a Pichu is the same probably. Maybe you should have evolved it on Ruby to save you the money on XD. Just my opinion.

I'd heard about Togepi being hard to evolve, but I didn't know that it applied to everything else. If I give Togepi back to that guy, will it make Pichu easier to evolve?

I just said that since Togepi needs max happiness to evolve and its so hard to get Togepi to max happiness, and Pichu needs max happiness I'm guessing its the same. Oh yeah, You can give that Togepi back for an elekid with Ice Punch, Fire Punch, and Thunder Punch.