• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Halo RP

Caleb got a quick bite to eat aboard the Pillar of Autumn before he made his decision. He would just be another mouth to feed for the next twelve hours. If they needed him they could wake him from cryogenic stasis. Caleb-818 slid his helmet on after he was done eating and got up from his table. He walked out of the cafeteria and proceeded to the Cryobay Once he found an empty cryotube in Cryobay 3, the SPARTAN-III notified the crew and got into the pod. He stood still as the pod door closed and the cryo process began.

Cutter slightly chuckled at Slade's response. "Fine, I'll get you an assault rifle. Just as soon as we get back to earth. Hehe." Cutter said jokingly, though he was scared sh.tless about what might happen in the near future. "Anyway, my time on reach was 'perfect' literally everyone was harmed one way or another, Jessica has slight amnesia and a massive concussion with several broken bones. I got a broken nose and was shot before new Alexandria. And Romero was mentally hurt. So yeah, it was fan-fucking-tastic." Cutter said sarcastically. "But hey, at least you still haven't lost your personality, heh. Welp, me and Romero will be in the bunks and Jessica is in the infirmary if you need any of us. Later man." Cutter finished, holding out his fist for a fistbump.

"Sure thing, Danny." Slade replied, fist bumping Cutter.
(Plot twist time, because fuck yeah)
"You say my little sis is in the infirmary?" He asks, standing up. It's been a while since he'd seen her.

"Uh, yeah. Hey, just so you know Jessica doesn't know your alive so... yeah, keep that in mind. If you go see her. Anyway, later bride. Hehe." Cutter said, finishing off with a jab at him about being carried bridal style. Cutter then walked towards the bunks to rest. He lied down on his bed and slept, not caring that he still had armor on. Romero was already asleep.

Jessica lied in the medical bay, half awake, half asleep. Everything was blurry for her. She could barely keep her eyes open.

Dekan 'Kalim made his way out of the infirmary. Thanks to one of the local Human Marines, he spray-painted his armor to a silver color, and gave himself a forest green handprint on his left chestplate. It was, of course, his own handprint. He'd though about later adding a human's to it. If one was willing. Dekan made his way back to the hangar, where he knew Dydo resided. Upon entering, he saw the former Sangheili Ultra. He was sitting on the wing of a Banshee. Dekan presume it was the one that Dydo had taken from Sword Base. "Dydo." Dekan greeted.

Slade slid into the infirmary and immediately discovered Jessica. She seemed a little out of it, so he wasn't going to perform any introductions for now. He simply walked over to her and watched her at a distance where she wouldn't notice him. The last time he'd seen her, on Arcadia, she was only 14. He'd left to join the UNSC, and she had cried about him leaving for a while. They were close. Very close, growing up. Now, here they are today. Dead parents and not uttering a word to the other. Funny how one thing can change everything, but Slade was assured of her current safety, so for the first time since he'd joined the UNSC, he felt a sense of calmness. Giving a slight nod, he left the infirmary, making his way to the bunks. He needed to crash, bad. It had been a long couple of weeks on Reach, and with his only family left alive safe and sound on board, he could finally get in a little decent shut eye.

Cutter and Romero's dreams were both ones of horror and the many tragedies they saw and the massacres of friends, neighbors, and family. They both woke sweating and panicked, they had seen the Pillar of Autumn heavily damaged from the inside, and people panicking to survive. They had been in orbit around Arcadia. They both were haunted by that, both of them nearly getting pulled into space during the event. They both just sat silently, trying to relax and hopefully sleep. Jessica was haunted by similar memories as well, but far more gruesome. Which explained why all of them had a coffee addiction.

As the hours crawled slowly by, Jacob Keyes took a small break from the bridge, looking to get a full stomach for the next three hours until they exited slip space. He found himself a small meal, politely declining the chefs bountiful offers. The Captain settled himself on a bench, away from most other people. He'd have gladly joined them to swap stories and whatnot, but for now, he needed to think. It had been a long time since he could clear his thoughts, even longer since he could relax, but he'd have to wait longer. He shouldn't keep the Autumn waiting any longer than needed. A ship without a Captain is never a good thing. He could be sure of that.

Sergeant Major Johnson grinned, cigar in his mouth, as he set the M90 aside. He'd love a chance later to get to use it. Looking to his right, he noticed a couple of Marine's talking in hushed tongue. With a grunt, Johnson got to his feet, alerting the two of his presence. They saluted as Johnson approached. "Put 'em down, boys." Johnson ordered. The Marines stowed a glance at each other before slowly letting their arms fall to their sides. "What were you girls whisperin' about?" He asked, taking a slow puff from the cigar. The first Marine opened his mouth, closed it, then opened it again. "Uh... sir... um... nothing, sir..." Johnson furrowed his eyebrows at the two. "Uh huh, sure. And I ain't smokin'. Whatever, carry on." Johnson ordered, shaking his head. "Fuckin kids and their secrets." He muttered to himself as he got back to the ground, picking up an MA5B.

"It's strange..." A feminine voice said slowly as the Captain found himself returning to his position on the bridge. "What is?" Keyes asked. "The Autumn isn't as... efficient as I was led to believe. This isn't a war ship. It's a cruiser." Keyes shrugged as he watched the vortex of space through the front of the ship. "Yes. And?"
"Noble Team brought me here to escape the Covenant. We both know they're right behind us, or in front, as they are faster."
"Cortana, get to the-" Keyes sighed, but was interrupted as the AI appeared, arms crossed. "Point? My point is; we have a small chance of surviving the coming slaughter. Was Noble Teams sacrifice in vain?" She asked. Keyes opened his mouth to reply, then hesitated. "I don't know." He finally replied.

"Bad dream?" Slade asked from nearby, his question directed at Cutter. He hadn't noticed Romero. Slade was leaning against the wall, a bar of chocolate in his hand, half eaten. Seems he'd found out where the vending machine is.

Cutter looked over at Slade. He was silent for a second but spoke back up. "I was on this ship when Arcadia was attacked. I saw my friends die that day... and so much suffering... this fucking ship is a curse for me. I swear, we are going to unleash something that will kill us all... I can feel it. And it won't be covenant." He said as he lied back down. "Just get some rest you two." Romero chimed in. "We all need it." Romero finished, lying back down.

Slade shrugged as he turned to walk back out. Cutter seemed a little suggestive, but it could just be the night terror talking. Regardless, Slade paid little attention to it as he began to strut around the ship, whistling a tune.

"Uh, and you're sure you know where this 'Thel 'Vadamee's' fleet went?" Six asked as she looked over the controls of the Covenant vessel. Bri grunted in reply. "One would be foolish to believe that I could not track them."
"How humble." Six replied as her attention was brought back to Emile. She'd been able to patch him up and carry him aboard. He was still out of it, but at least he was alive. "They would be following that ship that departed shortly before our fates intwined. Do you have any idea where it's headed?" Bri asked. Six opened her mouth to explain the random coordinate jump, but caught herself. She didn't need to mention Earth. This Elite may be an ally but for how long?
"Random coordinates." She replied. Bri sighed. "This may be a little more difficult than I originally presumed."

Cutter got back up and put his helmet on. He then went to gym and worked until the muscles in his body ached to the point where he could barely stand up. He walked to the cafeteria and got himself a small meal. He ate it then went to the armory to prep weapons. He saw Srgnt Johnson. Cutter walked up to Johnson. "Sir, thanks for helping my teammate back in the pelican." Cutter said to Johnson with a respectful nod.

Johnson looked up from the M12, an eyebrow raised and a squinted eye, complete with a lit cigar in his mouth. "Eh, don't mention it, kid. War is better with more company anyways." He replied, returning his attention to the M12.

After Caleb-B818's weapons were put in the weapons locker beside his pod, the pod was closed on him, and the cryogenic process began. Caleb would be woken when he was needed. Until then, he was getting his well-deserved and well-earned rest. After everything he'd been through, he definitely earned it.

Dekan pulled a crate over and sat across from Dydo. "If you don't mind my inquiry, where did you disappear off to?" The Sangheili inquired.

"I never thought you have a sense of humor." Emile chuckled lightly while Six changed his bandages. She grinned back at him. "I'm full of surprises." Emile leaned back, wincing slightly as Six pulled the bandage tight, before locking it in. Her face fell slightly. "Emile, this would be a lot easier if you could-"
"I ant takin' this armor off." Emile replied, his tone defensive. "Why?" Six asked. "It's... complicated." Emile shrugged. Six cocked her head slightly. "Not even the helmet?"
"No."
"Emile..."
The male Spartan turned his head away, remaining quiet.

Bri watched the dash board silently, contemplating. They'd entered slip space mere hors ago, and we're en route to follow Thel 'Vadamee's fleet. Now, he had nothing much else to do except sit and wait as the female Demon treated to the male's wounds. Bri growled quietly as he pulled out his custom blade, and activated it.
The Red Energy Sword was an impressive gift from Thel. Bri felt a little shameful at his betrayal, but maybe Thel would understand one day, and the Sangheili race would arise supreme, no longer under the control of the San 'Shyuum. Everything he'd been brought up to believe had become a lie. There was no Great Journey, there were no God's the Hierarchs communicated with, and the Arbiter... Bri could remember stories of the valiant, Noble warrior. Now, it was considered shameful to wear such a title. Bri's own father had been an Arbiter, and he had trained under him, until they met the Humans. Bri never saw his father again, but there were rumors that a lone human had taken the life of his father. Bri found that hard to believe, but some things are hard to determine and solve in war, especially one as long and deadly as this.

"So what's your name, anyway?" Emile asked Six, and she shrugged in reply. "Your helmet is still on." She says. Emile scowls as he crosses his arms. "No face, no name." She says, a rather smug look on her face. "Fine! Fine." Emile flings his arms up, before slowly grabbing his helmet, and pulling it off.
As expected, he's black. Large, amber eyes glare at her. He's bald save for the goatee on his chin. "Happy?"
"Laura." Six replies, and Emile furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "Say what?"
"That's my name. Laura." She states.

Cutter remained silent as he got out a shotgun and modified it to his liking. Tactical flashlight, tactical laser, holo-sights (type you see in COD) and a bayonet taped to the end. He strapped it to his back and grabbed a pistol. Nothing to add as the pistol was to his liking, so he holstered it and went to the range.

Jessica came to her senses and realized where she was. She had either made it to the pillar of autumn or she is dead and she is in hell. She guessed the first possibility as she still felt the pain from her now healing injuries. The doctor let her leave the medbay, since her injuries were mostly dealt with, and she went to the mess hall to get food. As she was walking she bumped into Slade (yes, actually bumping into him) "oh, sorry, wasn't looking where I was going." Jessica apologized as she moved to the side a bit and started to walk to the mess hall again.

Romero woke from his "nap" again and decided to get a sniper rifle picked out from the armory. He walked to the armory and grabbed a sniper rifle, tip top condition. He didn't need to modify it so he strapped it to his back and got an assault rifle for practical use, as a sniper rifle isn't good for close to medium range.

Slade barely moved when he felt someone bump into him, and a vaguely familiar voice apologize. Slade turned to see his sister walking away. Damn, she healed fast. "Jess! Wait!" He called suddenly, grabbing her shoulder and stopping her.

Jessica felt the hand of the ODST she just passed land on her shoulder, and a familiar voice speak to her. "S-Slade?! Is that you?" She asked, being overwhelmed by emotions. She was actually holding back tears at this point.

He looked at her, grinning. "The one and only. This is kinda reminding me of that time, remember? After a year in the navy, I came home on a bird? You, ma and dad met me in the airport?"

Jessica slightly laughed, remembering the experience, she then turned and hugged her big brother. "It's been such a long time." She said, nearly crying. "I missed you..." she finished, now crying with joy.

"Hey, feeling is mutual sis." Slade chuckled. "Damn, you've grown. You were almost 15 last I saw you." He pulled away and looked at her. "I'm gonna promise you something right now, Jess."

"What?" She replied, still overwhelmed by emotions.

Cutter finished at the range and walked around the ship until he saw Jessica and Slade. He stayed out of sight for a while.

"I ain't ever leavin' you behind again." He said. "That's a promise."

"5 minutes, Captain." Cortana said, looking back at Jacob Keyes as he gave her a slight nod. "Alright. Go ahead and get the ship awake, we need to be ready when we arrive. Oh, Cortana, don't wake Him. Not yet." Cortana gave a nod in reply as she began to access the cryobays. Kat and Caleb were the only ones she'd wake, as Linda remains severely injured, and John... they'll wake him when they need him.

That was definitely a short few hours. Caleb stepped out of the cryopod once it had opened. Even though he hadn't even been in for a day, he went through the routine process of making sure his armor systems were working correctly. Shields and shield regenerative abilities worked, and he moved just fine. He grabbed his weapons from the armor locker. Two M6G Magnum Pistols magnetized to his side, one M45 Tactical Shotgun magnetized to his back, and a new weapon. One of the crew members switched out his MA37 for an MA5B. Apparently it had more ammo in a magazine compared to the MA37. He held the MA5B Assault Rifle in his hands as he walked towards the bridge. Caleb-B818 figured that Captain Keyes would want to brief him.

"B818." A voice called behind Caleb, before Kat jogged up to him. "Headed to see the Captain?" She asked. Without waiting for an answer, she grabbed one of the M6G's and looked it over. "Did you notice that this one has no ammo? Or were you planing on hitting the Covenant over the head with it?" She asked as they continued their walk, nearing the bridge.

"I did notice." Caleb replied as he continued on his way towards the bridge. "I had full ammo when I put them in. One of the crew members must've needed it for somethin'." He reasoned. "So, how many do you think we should expect?" Caleb wasn't stupid. He knew that the Covenant ships were far superior than their own. The only question was: how many? "Covenant forces, I mean. I know there's no way in hell that we got off home-free."

Jessica looked up at Slade and stared into his eyes. "Thank you." She replied to him. Cutter then walked towards the two. "Well, if the family reunion is over then get your gear ready for a fight, I doubt we got off scotch free." He said to them. "Ok, well, I'll be in the armory. Later bro!" Jessica said to Slade as she walked to the armory and got dual magnums along with a new helmet. "She missed you man." Cutter said to Slade. "I recommend we find the spartans and stick with them. And if it comes down to it, you and the others get off of this ship, got it?" He said sternly. "Meet me in the bunks. We'll then try and fight any covenant that might get aboard." Cutter finished, patting Slade on the shoulder. He ran back to the bunks and put his helmet on. He then patched into the coms for Jessica and Romero and Slade. "Ok, everyone, am I coming in clear?" Cutter asked into into the Coms. "Loud and clear." Romero replied. "Just fine." Jessica said, now grabbing an assault rifle and magnetizing it to her back.

"Hey there, consciousness. It's been a long time since we talked." Slade replied into the comm. "I hear you have some new friends."

"A hundred, maybe? A few dozen if we're lucky." Kat replied. "The chances of getting off this ship alive are pretty slim though..." They turned a sharp corner as they entered the bridge.

"Hehe, yeah Slade, it's me, your consciousness" Cutter replied in a joking voice. "When you are all ready, meet in the bunks I think we have five minutes until we exit slipspace." Cutter finished, deactivating his coms.

Jessica and Romero finished up in the armory and made it to the bunks, now just to wait for Slade.

Slade entered, a fresh new helmet in his arms. "This is the oddest meeting place I've gone to in a while." He stated as he put his helmet over his head.

"Then we better do our damn hardest to get this ship out of here." Caleb-B818 replied. "Or at least take as many of them down with us as we can." He added as they walked into the bridge. Caleb saluted Captain Keyes.

Keyes, sensing them, turned to find two Spartans saluting. He saluted in return. "At ease, Spartans." He ordered as the slip space vortex outside of the ship disappeared, and the vast emptiness of space appeared, several stars shimmering, and a massive planet, a Gas Giant.

"You woke us up from cryo, sir." Caleb began as he magnetized his new rifle to his back and stood at ease. "Where do you want us stationed, Captain, sir?" He inquired. With the Covenant, it was likely they planned to board and take whatever the Pillar of Autumn had managed to snag off of Reach. If it was important enough to send Noble Team in, Caleb figured the Covenant would want to claim it for themselves.

"I have no particular spot for you to be, but..." Keyes stops as he stares out into space, towards the Gas Giant. "Cortana. What am I looking at?"
"It appears to be a massive ring. Hold on, let me scan it."

'What the hell is a massive ring doing in the middle of space?' Caleb thought to himself. He tried to get a better look at it from where he was. 'Some kinda giant hula hoop or some shit?'

(Alright, let's skip this talking shit and get right to action)
"Attention! All hands to all stations. I repeat, all hands to all stations." The alert rang through the ship as Sergeant Johnson pushed himself up. "Well, looks like it's finally showtime." He smirks as he tosses down his now small cigar and stomps it out.

"Spartans-" Keyes says, before the ship is rocked again by another blast. "Gah! Protect this ship at all costs!" He orders. "Sir! The MAC Canon is taking heavy hits!" A crewman yelled back, informing the Captian. "Cortana. It's time to wake up an old friend."

Slade stumbled and fell back into a Marine as the ship rocked. He grabbed the Marine and pulled them back to their feet before letting go and picking up his pace, racing off. "Slade. Romero. Jessica. Let's get to those Drop Pods, NOW!" He yells into his earpiece as the ship is buffeted by another devastating blast.

"We're here." Bri informs. The holographic display of the exterior of the Covenant Cruiser displays the Pillar of Autumn taking heavy hits from several nearby Cruisers. "Get us in close, I want to contact Kat, or Caleb." Six says, and Bri begins to maneuver the ship before freezing. He had denied it's existence the moment he'd betrayed the Covenamt, yet here, he was proved wrong. Halo, in all its glory. Had Bri been foolish to betray the Covenant? Was the Great Journey a truth? Would the Prophets become Gods? Bri felt conflicted, and he became aware of the demons behind him again. He could kill them, and present their heads to a Prophet, or Thel 'Vadamee. Would his allegiance change yet again?

"WELL SHIT! No time to talk! Come on! We need to go help!" Cutter said, grabbing his shotgun. Jessica and Romero got their weapons as well. "Come on!" Cutter yelled, nearly having heard Slade from nearby explosions. "We need to help the others first!" Jessica said into the Comms. The group continued helping others get off the ship. "Slade! Help defend the bridge!" Cutter yelled into a direct channel to Slade, "we still have a chance!" He finished.

"Damn. I'm cut off from you guys. Let me try and find another route through, these blast doors are closing all over the dammed place." Slade growls into his comms as he heads down a different corridor. "Save some badges for me when I get there, k?" He asks as something different rocks the ship. "Alright. Boarding parties are on. Let's give our guests a nice welcome, like good hosts." Sergeant Johnson says to Cutter, Romero, Jessica, and several other Marines.

Caleb nodded. "Yes, sir! I'll try and repel the boarders before they get too far." Caleb stated. With his MA5B ready, Caleb-B818 went down another corridor. After dodging through locked down corridors, he encountered a squad of Marines having trouble with some Covenant forces. Without hesitation, Caleb opened fire on the Covenant. A couple quick bursts took down a Grunt. A couple more bursts took down an Elite's shields, and one of the marines finished it with a headshot from his pistol.

"Glady." Romero replied, getting his sniper rifle ready, throwing down his empty assault rifle. Cutter got a grenade ready and Jessica got her dual pistols. They were ready for a fight. They then fired on the incoming covenant with no mercy. Their morale was boosted when they saw Caleb join the fight.

Kat took a different route, knowing Caleb could handle himself, she headed away from the bridge towards the bunks, knowing anybody there could be unprepared for the Covenant strike. She kept her balance as the ship was buffeted yet again, and quickly slid under a closing blast before arriving, in time, as well, for a Covenant boarding vessel had slammed into the hull of the ship and began depositing Covenant forces, which she opened fire on as she found cover.

"Sure you can handle this, Spartan?" Johnson asks with a smirk, glancing at Caleb. "I hate to say it, but these guys are just a little out of your league."