• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Halloween is upon us once again!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Can't believe it's almost that time again. Another 16 days and it'll be free candy night! (Don't you just love how comerical/consumer whore-ish all our holidays have become?) I swear it just snuck up on me this year. Leave University/clinical one day, came back the next to find Halloween decorations everywhere. Then it hits me: "Hey! It's almost Halloween!" ^^

So, why am I excited?

It's very simple really. The one good thing about Halloween that no candy fan can deny is the cheap candy the day after. Seriously... Sometimes you'll find the boxes of chocolate bars marked down half price, and the random packs of Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Berries, Cherry Blasters, etc. can't be beat. No, it's not free candy, but it's cheap enough that you can load up on your faves without having to deal with walking for hours on a cold night only to get 90% of stuff you don't even like.

But... I do admit to being a bit biased, being past the Trick or Treating prime n' all. But that's what younger siblings are for. They do the carrying/running up to each house/etc. and you get to mooch off their spoils ^^

As for dressing up this year and whatnot... Probably won't, and if I do it'll just be throwing on my bunny hat or wearing my wizard hat or something. Might get together with some friends for the usual "scary movie night" but eh... Not a fan of scary movies really. Rather just hang out.

Anyways... Why're the rest of you looking forward to Halloween or what plans do you have for it this year? (If anything. But again, if you're not looking forward to Halloween yet, think CHEAP CANDY... Unless of course you live somewhere where they don't celebrate Halloween, then no candy for you.)

And I don't want to hear about anyone who doesn't like candy/chocolate... YA FIENDS! >=O

Omigosh, tis almost Halloween!

*didn't realize it at all*

I was putting my next holiday goal at Christmas, seeing as this is the LAST day of fall break...and we get our next break for Christmas. (at our school we do this schedule where every nine weeks we get 2 weeks off, but our Summer vacation is shorter)

This means that I must make lotsa cutesy Halloween Pokémon and whatnot, right?!

*coughs*

I need an idea though. Linkachu, want me to do a picture for yew? A Raichu with a vampire cape and vampire teeth!

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Linkachu, want me to do a picture for yew? A Raichu with a vampire cape and vampire teeth!

Yes. Yes I most certainly do! ^___^

Heh. Personally, I'll be going around with my 5-year old sister, and possibly the 2-year old as well... but chances are she'll get whiney and end up going home early. I couldn't take my sissy last year because I had a night course =/ but this year I'll make it up to her :)

He he I've been well aware of the coming holiday for quite some time... Sadly, since I live in Sweden, halloween isn't too big, but it is warming up on people so you do see some trick-or-treaters walking around.

Our school has a rule that everybody has to come in wearing a costume on halloween, and I always try to pull off the most awesome costumes, but actually start working on it the very last second and end up failing horribly. Then I usually go to my back-up plan: put on a tie, a jacket, bring a briefcase and pretend you're one of two things: 1. Phoenix Wright or 2. A hitman.

This year however, is my senior year. Thus it is my last chance to blow the people at my school away with my awesome costume, so I'm going full out with my super-high tech-naruto inspired-modernized ninja suit. (There will be pictures, btw. Don't worry ^^)

Oh and the cheap "day after" candy thing? We have that in over drive. Last halloween I saw candy prices drop 50% by the first day and after a week they were down to about 2 USD per kg of candy. Now, may I enlighten you that we are talking candy which usually costs around 13 USD per kg!
(Oh and sorry for mixing US currency with the metric system... to lazy to convert both ;D)

Oooh I'm getting hungry... ::)

Well, being a brit theres very little in the way of halloweenness that happens over here.. Theres a bit of crossover so we do get some trick or treaters, but not many, and some people have parties.
As for myself, the bulk of halloween parties that are available for me, are on the 28th of october, which is the day I get back from Japan, so I'll either be completely jetlagged, or ill be at home unpacking and adhering to my forums, myspace etc.
Still, I shall be in school on halloween day and plan to come in dressed like Kiriyama from battle royale, including hair style and collar! Fortunately I have to wear a suit already so the school hopefully won't be too fussed =)
Also the saturday after halloween is my friend Jess' party, so I may grace her with my presence in some sort of elaborate costume, by which I mean, i'll wear a particularly gothic ensemble, put in some fangs and say im a vampire!

The ONLY cool part about Halloween is getting a chance to dress up. Candy sucks, annoying little kids suck, shutting down the shop for a few hours to give out sucky candy to sucky kids like the mall makes us sucks.

Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Berries are amazing, like Linkachu said, but I can buy those anytime I want. 50% off a $5 pack of candy that'll last me for weeks? I don't need to celebrate that.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The ONLY cool part about Halloween is getting a chance to dress up. Candy sucks, annoying little kids suck, shutting down the shop for a few hours to give out sucky candy to sucky kids like the mall makes us sucks.

Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Berries are amazing, like Linkachu said, but I can buy those anytime I want. 50% off a $5 pack of candy that'll last me for weeks? I don't need to celebrate that.

*Kills QQ*

I warned you, dammit. I WARNED YOU! >=(

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Only if you decompose fast enough, but I'm sure we could help with that >=)

But, yeah. Dressing up isn't real a big deal for me because I'm too lazy to put any effort into it :p I commend the people who do, though. I've seen a lot of neat costumes over the years ^^

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I don't get anything out of Halloween, apart from a quick visit to a church up the high street to sing a few songs and try to get more people in to celebrate All Saints Day. Y'know, The One That Was Forgotten. :p I've never had the opportunity to dress up, so maybe being in non-uniform anyway will warrant the particularly Rachel-style vampire (ie, no make-up, no fangs, just lots and lots of black. And perhaps some leather. But meh! ^^) The chocolate thing doesn't affect me either. I never get sweets even when I do go shopping, so I probably won't get sweets then. The only thing that's good is something that happens 5 days after Halloween. With fireworks. And partying. And bonfires. Gunpowder, treason and plot. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I don't get anything out of Halloween, apart from a quick visit to a church up the high street to sing a few songs and try to get more people in to celebrate All Saints Day. Y'know, The One That Was Forgotten.

Pfft. All Saints Day... What will these crazy kids come up with next? ;)

And hey, Rach? That crack about not caring about chocolate...? Oh yeah. You're dead too. *Kills*

Who's next? Real blood makes for better decorating than fake >=)
Although... the smell after its sat for a bit is enough to make you hurl x.x

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
No no no, you've got it aaaaall wrong. I care about chocolate, I just don't get any. :p Can someone please resurrect me? ... Please?

And All Saints Day existed long before Halloween. So ner.

Gah, Halloween...I barely did anything last year. I tried to wear cat ears and a cat tail, but I HATED them. Plus, I can't go trick-or-treating (too old) and I can't go to parties (too young/too antisocial/too much homework), so I don't do much...our house doesn't get many trick-or-treaters anyways. T_T

Maybe I'll dress up...but I think I'll just buy myself some candy and do my homework. *sigh*

Any ideas of something I could wear to school?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pokemon Trainer? :O

I demand that "Trick or treat" be replaced with "GOOD GOOD SMILE!"

And after receiving their treats kids yell "CANDY GET!"

I think it has serious potential ;)

I think I'll skip the "Pokemon trainer" outfit idea. Not because it isn't good, but more because a) if I wear it to school, I shall have one of the worst days of my life, or b) I was a Pokemon trainer in fourth grade already.

I went trick-or-treating, and NOBODY could guess what I was. Some houses didn't even think I was dressed up at all! One REFUSED to give me candy! T_T

So no more...I have been SCARRED for life I tell you, SCARRED!

And your replacement is weird, Link-san. Just...straaaaaange...O_O *doesn't get it*

I love halloweeeen. Yeah, I have a early halloween slash bday party tonight which I'll be a zombie?

But for Halloweeeeeen I realy wanted to be Luigi....I would have been speed racer...but I was too tall for the costume....Note to all you short people...being tall sucks.

HAHAHAHA. Yay candy.

...OOOOOOOOOOOOH! O_O

*wallows in lack of Engrish phrases*

Edit: Nevermind, I got a few from the all-powerful AZUMANGA DAIOH! O_O

MOONLIGHT MOONLIGHT SLEEPING! (From the intro)

RASPBERRY HEAVEN! (From the ending song)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Halloween isn't just upon us anymore...

[size=20pt]It's here! :O[/size]

Happy Halloween, folks. Hope you all have a good day. Take/post pictures of your costumes if you end up dressing up ^^

Pfft, I barely even notice Halloween or Lollies (I refuse to say the C-word).

I haven't actually seen a "Good Good Smiler" for about three years now. Its gets overshadowed by the awesomeness of explosives that go on sale a week before Halloween. Firing one-shot fireworks with recoil like a shottie and burning effigies of executed criminals really does something to me that costumes and sweets do not.

But alas, it looks like our hooliganish behaviour is going to get public guy-fawkes sales banned... :'(

Hooray, 'Tis Goog Good Smiling time!

Meh whole family be-ith goingst out with my previously mentioned brother....even if the 17-year-old brother is likely to lug along his PSP and do all but participate.

Oh well, we get to eat snacks and stuff after a Chapter Test in Science. My MSN isn't working and therefore I can't chat to Coshi (the guy I like to think I'm competing with) about meh stuff. He has lotsa friends and if'n I can get him to comment or whatnot I might be un-unknown. O.o

I to be happy today 'cause I decided on my partner for PMD. IT's none other than the painfully cute Rioru!

though now the main is a Pikachu with a rather Oak-like hairstyle.

:p

ARGH! Stupid Halloween! I'm getting candy all right...the new Newsboys album and Final Fantasy XII!

ItsaQQ.jpg

So, here's me wearing the most overdone costume in the last 20 years, but I didn't exactly have much time to put it together (was told I needed a costume at 9:30 last night with half-an-hour before the stores closed), so it'll do. I've been told that my hair, stature and ability to do a ridiculously good Charles Martinet impression make me a good Mario, but I still would've rather not dressed up at all.

Happy Halloween Folks
Remember this holiday has been renamed "International Cosplay Day" in some communities, so cosplay! I wore my Battle Royale collar into school today but couldn't spike my hair up due to the headteacher pre-warning me about it when i was in Japan last week, still it was good fun =)

I'll be going to a halloween party this year and maybe do some trick or treating there. Oh by the way nice outfit QQ =p and everyone have a nice halloween ; D

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I've never been trick-or-treating myself, and we try to keep the kids away as much as possible. We have no sweets for them anyway. :p Everyone at school was wearing either devil horns or flashing pink bunny ears... No vampires, sadly enough. :( The night's almost over for the younger kids, so now we just have to watch out for the teens who like egging houses.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
>=D

We got egged while we were out
but
they were crap shots
and missed us
by a mile >=D

Got about 30p and a TON of sweets.
We're awesome =]
Dressed as a vampire in my brother's trench coat >=D

I felt so sad today at school, since I wasn't dressed up. T_T I wanna dress up, now...actually, what I really want to do is cosplay, since I've never worn a costume from an anime/manga/game, but oh well...maybe next year. T_T

The year after, though, I have my whole costume planned out. I'm going to be a hyper-school-spirited high school student...from our school's cross-town rival high school! ^_^ It shall be great. >_<

I saw some cool costumes at school, though. One that was funny was my friend who safety-pinned three sponges to her legs and said she was "self-absorbed." Another good one was my friend who was a pirate, with her 4w3s0m3 pirate hat. One friend of mine was a sushi chef, complete with a tray of (fake) sushi (but with AUTHENTIC fake grass X3 ). Uh...I also saw some guy in a storm trooper outfit. ^_^;; Two of my friends were (I think) some manner of Final Fantasy characters (I got confirmation on one, but I'm not sure about the other).

So yeah. Now I gotta go work on my Government project (*coughduetomorrowcough*) and study for my math quiz (*coughfirstperiodcough*).

T_T

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't end up dressing up as anything. Couldn't even find my bunny hat and plastic sword :O

Either there's just not as many young kids around as 5+ years back or people are losing interest, but we barely got anyone this year. I gave out treats to about 10 kids, but they pretty much came by around the same time (little after 6pm). Other than that... no one. Now we have a box of chips, box of cheesies, and a few dozen random chocolate bars left over, not to mention the spoils my little sisters brought in.

LOL... A few houses had scary music/sounds/decorations set up and my 5 year old sister freaked. I had to drag her up to the front door, and the people who answered were all apologetic. I just laughed XD

With the walking around on a cold night added with my lack of sleep the night before, I ended up crashing shortly after nine. Originally I'd planned to get back up at 9:30 but it didn't happen. Now I've got a half hour or so before work to play Ranger, which, yes, btw is already out (at least in parts, if not all, of Canada).

I didn't end up dressing up as anything. Couldn't even find my bunny hat and plastic sword :O

Either there's just not as many young kids around as 5+ years back or people are losing interest, but we barely got anyone this year. I gave out treats to about 10 kids, but they pretty much came by around the same time (little after 6pm). Other than that... no one. Now we have a box of chips, box of cheesies, and a few dozen random chocolate bars left over, not to mention the spoils my little sisters brought in.

LOL... A few houses had scary music/sounds/decorations set up and my 5 year old sister freaked. I had to drag her up to the front door, and the people who answered were all apologetic. I just laughed XD

With the walking around on a cold night added with my lack of sleep the night before, I ended up crashing shortly after nine. Originally I'd planned to get back up at 9:30 but it didn't happen. Now I've got a half hour or so before work to play Ranger, which, yes, btw is already out (at least in parts, if not all, of Canada).

In one of the flyers I got, it said it would be out so I'm cheacking today (it being ranger) anyway the party was fun. Matt brought is gamecube and supersmashbros. melee, we did a little bit of trick or treating and the rest was just hysterical nonsense XD